News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Wolverhampton Garage

Started by Trident 4609, July 21, 2013, 10:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sh4318

Quote from: Nathan4775 on September 24, 2013, 04:52:16 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on September 24, 2013, 02:25:07 PM
Quote from: Nathan4775 on September 24, 2013, 02:08:33 PM
B10's are nearly finished, just WA + YW with them, then I guess the darts will not be too far behind them

They do seem a bit knackered the remaining darts-still twm has had nearly 8 years use out of them here

There good little buses they are  :) not much leg room though

They served the 444 very well when that service existed. Certainly showing their age now though
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Gareth

4007 is now parked up at Miller Street.

Niall

Went hunting for Spectras today in Wolverhampton and 4001 shows up on the 32, so I caught that, and then when I got back to Wolves 4002 is there on the 529, although I let that one go because it was full. Didn't expect to see either of those two, let alone both!

Also caught 5513 on the 126, sat upstairs at the front and it sounds like there is a hole in the panelling somewhere, every time the bus got up to any sort of speed, there was a blowing sound coming from behind the lights/roof panels
I'm on Flickr and Youtube

nitromatt1

Quote from: N94 on September 25, 2013, 07:05:10 PM
Went hunting for Spectras today in Wolverhampton and 4001 shows up on the 32, so I caught that, and then when I got back to Wolves 4002 is there on the 529, although I let that one go because it was full. Didn't expect to see either of those two, let alone both!

Also caught 5513 on the 126, sat upstairs at the front and it sounds like there is a hole in the panelling somewhere, every time the bus got up to any sort of speed, there was a blowing sound coming from behind the lights/roof panels

One of the WN B5s (may have been 5510 but can't remember as it was a while ago) had a hole about the width of a 2p coin near the front right upstairs seats (low down, near the corner) through which you could see the outside world! I think that's been fixed now though. Shows the superior quality of the Enviros though, as they don't have issues like these

Gareth

I'm not sure what they are for, but the holes are supposed to be there. They are on all Geminis, Enviros and Tridents too. You can see them on the exteriors too. A little round shallow tube type thing.

PM

Quote from: Gareth on September 25, 2013, 07:50:12 PM
I'm not sure what they are for, but the holes are supposed to be there. They are on all Geminis, Enviros and Tridents too. You can see them on the exteriors too. A little round shallow tube type thing.

Isnt it to drain out water if the top deck has water on it-ie theory is that the hole allows water/liquid if we're talking certain routes :P to drain out. Problem is, theyre always filled up with rubbish. I guess its to avoid what you had on the H LOM scanias where I remember going on one when very young upstairs and everytime the driver breaked, water sloshed to the front of the bus!!

Gareth

I assumed it was for water drainage. But you don't see much water on buses anymore. (Probably because of the drainage holes!)

John

Quote from: Gareth on September 25, 2013, 07:55:42 PM
I assumed it was for water drainage. But you don't see much water on buses anymore. (Probably because of the drainage holes!)

The B7TL Gemini's also have them

PM

Quote from: Gareth on September 25, 2013, 07:55:42 PM

No you dont Gareth-the LOM scanias, metrobuses and lynxes always used to be drenched-always remember the LOMs on the bristol road being really wet upstairs when the weather was bad. The water didnt shift and just raced back and forth on the murky brown coloured floors they had if Im right?

old50niner

Don't know if the still do it, but in days gone by, the cleaners used to use a watering can and put water down to lay the dust when they swept off.   Probably moved on from that these days though.

Gareth

I don't think buses even get swept these days. Certainly doesn't seem that way on some routes!  ;)

Mike K

Quote from: nitromatt1 on September 25, 2013, 07:10:30 PM

One of the WN B5s (may have been 5510 but can't remember as it was a while ago) had a hole about the width of a 2p coin near the front right upstairs seats (low down, near the corner) through which you could see the outside world! I think that's been fixed now though. Shows the superior quality of the Enviros though, as they don't have issues like these

I'm impartial and like both Hybrid types but regarding "superior quality" most drivers on here refer to the poor quality bodywork and rattles of the E400s compared with the Volvos. The drainage holes are on all deckers as stated in other posts.

Liverpool Street

The holes are actually there for when the triffids start spraying their thing; upper saloon passengers die first.

Joke. (I'm sure it tickled Mike K...)

Yeah just drain holes. Its funny to see the tube of water spurting out from the hole. Many a fun hour I spent wetting folk! Wouldn't get away with it now.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Driver03

Quote from: nitromatt1 on September 25, 2013, 07:10:30 PM

;D superior quality and Enviro 400H in the same sentence? Most of ours leak water through the electrics and radio if liquid is spilt upstairs at the front, showering the driver in the process! Does really happen too.

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Well with everything there are exceptions to the rule, overall I much prefer Volvo/Wright products but currently on 4572 and it has to be the best Trident I've been on, it is so so smooth and hardly any body rattle at all, all it needs is a refurb and it will be brilliant

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk