News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Wolverhampton Garage

Started by Trident 4609, July 21, 2013, 10:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack6101

WN 6787 was just seen in lye so gone on the map see what it's doing and it seems to be following the PN 7 route Dudley to Wollaston and now going back towards Dudley NIS that was ( 7 route )
Any ideas why thank you in advance
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Dom

Quote from: Jack6101 on August 08, 2021, 09:24:20 AM
WN 6787 was just seen in lye so gone on the map see what it's doing and it seems to be following the PN 7 route Dudley to Wollaston and now going back towards Dudley NIS that was ( 7 route )
Any ideas why thank you in advance

Rumour has it the 7 is moving to Wolves

BNH2004

Quote from: Dom on August 08, 2021, 11:40:29 AM
Rumour has it the 7 is moving to Wolves
I think they were route learning as I saw 6787 in Kingswinford with loads of drivers on

BK63 YWP

Quote from: BNH2004 on August 08, 2021, 12:48:02 PM
I think they were route learning as I saw 6787 in Kingswinford with loads of drivers on

Interworking with maybe the 27?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

BNH2004

How come 3/4 Branded buses are being debranded seen 2014 and it had lost its 3/4 branding

Which ones will be debranded

BN

Quote from: BNH2004 on August 19, 2021, 05:02:28 PM
How come 3/4 Branded buses are being debranded seen 2014 and it had lost its 3/4 branding

Which ones will be debranded
2013-16
2010-11

John Stait

Quote from: BNH2004 on August 08, 2021, 12:48:02 PM

Does it still have its Maxwells gearbox? 🤣

Wumpty

Wolverhampton operate 807/808/809 circular routes to Park Lane. Are these staff bus routes that are available to the general public and are they unique being in-service?
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Stu

Quote from: Wumpty on September 20, 2021, 10:02:26 AM
Wolverhampton operate 807/808/809 circular routes to Park Lane. Are these staff bus routes that are available to the general public and are they unique being in-service?

Judging by the time of day they run - two journeys early AM - I would guess they are staff services.

Also as there are timetables listed online, I would guess they would be available to the general public too - may as well pick up some paying passengers on the way!

I don't know what you mean by "unique being in service", other garages have or used to run such staff buses publicly, for example Yardley Wood used to run their own 801/802 circulars early mornings between YW and AG depots.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

karl724223

Quote from: Stu on September 20, 2021, 06:20:00 PM
Judging by the time of day they run - two journeys early AM - I would guess they are staff services.

Also as there are timetables listed online, I would guess they would be available to the general public too - may as well pick up some paying passengers on the way!

I don't know what you mean by "unique being in service", other garages have or used to run such staff buses publicly, for example Yardley Wood used to run their own 801/802 circulars early mornings between YW and AG depots.
ticket machines not live for staff bus journeys  so no not for paying public  and I don't think drivers would want the public on the bus with them going to work

Stu

Quote from: karl724223 on September 20, 2021, 07:41:32 PM
ticket machines not live for staff bus journeys  so no not for paying public  and I don't think drivers would want the public on the bus with them going to work

OK, fair enough explanation, but why register them as public bus services then?
https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.service.gov.uk/search/find-registered-local-bus-services/details/533740/

I have seen buses operating staff shuttles before, but they clearly showed 'Staff Bus' on the display without any route number.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Stu on September 20, 2021, 07:49:43 PM
OK, fair enough explanation, but why register them as public bus services then?
https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.service.gov.uk/search/find-registered-local-bus-services/details/533740/

I have seen buses operating staff shuttles before, but they clearly showed 'Staff Bus' on the display without any route number.

The Wolverhampton one is a registered service, and is available to the public officially. The other garage ones don't have a fixed route.

Wumpty

Quote from: Stu on September 20, 2021, 06:20:00 PM

Apologies Stu, I meant as in a registered service available to the general public. I don't know of any other garages that run a staff bus and pick up public on a set route.

Quote from: karl724223 on September 20, 2021, 07:41:32 PM

Good job fare paying passengers don't mind drivers being on their buses otherwise the bus wouldn't get very far ;)

Quote from: Tony on September 20, 2021, 07:52:31 PM
The Wolverhampton one is a registered service, and is available to the public officially. The other garage ones don't have a fixed route.

That's what I was trying to say in a cack-handed way - thanks Tony!
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Stuharris 6360

4431 on the 7 with no working destination display!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

BNH2004

2 seems to be operated by double deckers today and the 15 and 16 have 5 eclipses on

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk