News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Wolverhampton Garage

Started by Trident 4609, July 21, 2013, 10:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Westy on March 30, 2021, 07:41:12 PM
Any reason why there doesn't seem to be a substitute stop or something not made clear at the Willenhall Dale stop towards Wolverhampton?

Monday morning, the 529 I was on stopped by Poundland opposite the 25 / 57 / 326 stop & this morning it sailed past & dropped at the next stop, The Lock Museum instead.
Sometimes stops are taken out of use by people carrying out roadworks and you have to board/alight at the next stop, if I've understood this correctly.
They took 2 of the 11A stops on Bromford Lane out of use a few weeks back while there were roadworks (St Margarets Rd & Bromford Bridge/Drews Lane). So people had to use alternative stops.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Westy

Quote from: 2206 on March 30, 2021, 08:01:55 PM
Sometimes stops are taken out of use by people carrying out roadworks and you have to board/alight at the next stop, if I've understood this correctly.
They took 2 of the 11A stops on Bromford Lane out of use a few weeks back while there were roadworks (St Margarets Rd & Bromford Bridge/Drews Lane). So people had to use alternative stops.

Yes, but it didn't appear to be made clear at the stop itself, as people were waiting, & the bus sailed past!

Tony

Quote from: Westy on March 30, 2021, 10:16:20 PM
Yes, but it didn't appear to be made clear at the stop itself, as people were waiting, & the bus sailed past!

Presumably the roadworks were barriered off stopping the bus getting to the stop

Westy

Quote from: Tony on March 30, 2021, 10:23:57 PM
Presumably the roadworks were barriered off stopping the bus getting to the stop

They were, but either there was no notice saying what to do, or people were not reading notices, if there were any in the first place.

It seems strange for a timing point on the timetable, that there wasn't a substitute bus stop, outside Poundland & the next bus stop was a fair walk practically?

I could walk obviously, and it stopping outside The Lock Museum wasn't a problem,  as I use the Walsall direction stop sometimes,  instead of the Dale, depending on how quick I can cross the road.

What about the people like the Oaps though?

By the way, it wasn't mentioned on West Midlands Network site though.

Quote from: Westy on March 30, 2021, 10:53:47 PM
They were, but either there was no notice saying what to do, or people were not reading notices, if there were any in the first place.

It seems strange for a timing point on the timetable, that there wasn't a substitute bus stop, outside Poundland & the next bus stop was a fair walk practically?

I could walk obviously, and it stopping outside The Lock Museum wasn't a problem,  as I use the Walsall direction stop sometimes,  instead of the Dale, depending on how quick I can cross the road.

What about the people like the Oaps though?

By the way, it wasn't mentioned on West Midlands Network site though.
Then if its closed off, its plain obvious that the bus isn't going to stop there.
West Midland Network site does not mention individual stop closures, only diversions.
The bus would wait time at the next stop where its safe to I would expect,.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

the trainbasher

Which is of hardly any use to persons of reduced mobility

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Lukeee

Quote from: Solo1 on March 31, 2021, 06:44:18 AM
if they need to do road works whete the stop is when should they do the work early morning  /evening  its safer to shut stop do the work & then reopen stop i know its a pain when they do this

They wont do that as any people that live local would be kept awake, it's only one bus stop taken out of use, it's no hardship

Tony

Quote from: Solo1 on March 31, 2021, 06:44:18 AM
if they need to do road works whete the stop is when should they do the work early morning  /evening  its safer to shut stop do the work & then reopen stop i know its a pain when they do this

Replace a whole water main in a couple of hours?

karl724223

How inconsiderate of the workmen doing there job
Still it gives Westy something to moan about

Westy

Quote from: karl724223 on March 31, 2021, 05:56:56 PM
How inconsiderate of the workmen doing there job
Still it gives Westy something to moan about

Who said I was moaning?

I was making an observation!

By the way, I had a look at the notice on the bus stop on the way home, & it does say goto the next stop, but some drivers seem to be being helpful & dropping off outside Poundland.

BH2004

A 3/4 branded bus has had a new name on the near side and the offside and had its name takne off the front and back, which one is it and whats its new name

BN

Quote from: SN65 OMC on April 01, 2021, 08:57:12 PM
A 3/4 branded bus has had a new name on the near side and the offside and had its name takne off the front and back, which one is it and whats its new name

Westy

Quote from: Westy on March 31, 2021, 06:15:59 PM
Who said I was moaning?

I was making an observation!

By the way, I had a look at the notice on the bus stop on the way home, & it does say goto the next stop, but some drivers seem to be being helpful & dropping off outside Poundland.

Update: There is now a 'Temporary Stop' sign on a lamp post!

Pat

Travelled on 431 earlier on the 11.  For a Streetlite, I must say that I was pleasantly surprised.  The gearbox was smooth, and the suspension wasn't too bad.

BK63 YWP

5409 is back out on the 11s today!
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk