News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Wolverhampton Garage

Started by Trident 4609, July 21, 2013, 10:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BK63 YWP

Has 5409 ventured out into service?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Tony

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on February 09, 2021, 09:02:11 PM
Has 5409 ventured out into service?

No, at Graysons for working out how to Euro 6 it. Because of the bigger engine than the other hybrids, less room for the new exhaust system

DJ

Quote from: Tony on February 09, 2021, 09:04:10 PM
No, at Graysons for working out how to Euro 6 it. Because of the bigger engine than the other hybrids, less room for the new exhaust system

What is the difference with the engine? I'm guessing the hybrids had a 4cyl engine with the hybrid system, and 5409 had that replaced with a 6cyl?

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Westy

Can we please have a moment of appreciation for the driver of 6765 on the 529 this afternoon?

How he continued driving while a group of 'school kids' ,for want of a better word, decided to hold an impromptu 'disco' on the upper deck, beats me.

Personally I wouldn't blamed him, if he wanted to 'test his brakes' for an emergency stop!

The racket of the little sods!

Solo1

Quote from: Westy on February 23, 2021, 04:46:29 PM
Can we please have a moment of appreciation for the driver of 6765 on the 529 this afternoon?

How he continued driving while a group of 'school kids' ,for want of a better word, decided to hold an impromptu 'disco' on the upper deck, beats me.

Personally I wouldn't blamed him, if he wanted to 'test his brakes' for an emergency stop!

The racket of the little sods!
as a guess just   ignored them &  drove instead of the kids giving the driver  grief about why you stopped  but it will all be on film to show the school if they was at school

Westy

Quote from: Solo1 on February 23, 2021, 08:53:35 PM
as a guess just   ignored them &  drove instead of the kids giving the driver  grief about why you stopped  but it will all be on film to show the school if they was at school

Of course, they wasn't / wouldn't have been at school anyway (AFAIK, unless they were children of key workers)!

Talking of 'film', looking at the screen downstairs, that cycled through the various cameras, there was a lovely close up of the one little darling, so if there was damage on the vehicle, there's a start for Tony & his mates!

Bus_user_jay

Don't know if this has happened during the lockdown, but pre-lockdown I'm sure WB operated an AM board on the X8, which went onto the 74, and PN on the 16 (Think it did Kingswinford - Stourbridge). Do they still run these boards or have they stopped all together?

BH2004

Quote from: Bus_user_jay on March 04, 2021, 05:34:36 PM
Do they still run these boards or have they stopped all together?

Don't think they do

karl724223

Quote from: BH2004 on March 04, 2021, 05:40:52 PM
Don't think they do
the pn 16 does wolves to stour but not running at the moment

BH2004

4933's rear ad for Available Car is starting it peal by the upper deck window

Jack6101

6772 ( 529 branded has broken down at merry hill was there at 11 when I got to asda and was still there 20 mins ago when I was leaving )was either on 15 or 8
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

BH2004

Quote from: Jack6101 on March 13, 2021, 12:18:22 PM
6772 ( 529 branded has broken down at merry hill was there at 11 when I got to asda and was still there 20 mins ago when I was leaving )was either on 15 or 8

It was on the 8 only platinum on the 15 is 6775

Jack6101

Quote from: BH2004 on March 13, 2021, 12:39:17 PM
It was on the 8 only platinum on the 15 is 6775
Cheers for the information
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

fleetline6477

Quote from: Bus_user_jay on March 04, 2021, 05:34:36 PM
Don't know if this has happened during the lockdown, but pre-lockdown I'm sure WB operated an AM board on the X8, which went onto the 74, and PN on the 16 (Think it did Kingswinford - Stourbridge). Do they still run these boards or have they stopped all together?

The WB peak morning board has run for many years starting with 140 / 241 journeys then running dead back to depot from Dudley. The board has gradually changed as the routes have changed latterly operating X8 Bearwood - Wolverhampton, Wolverhampton - Birmingham before going onto the 74E. The consistency has been the same WB driver operating that board, not sure what has happened in COVID, extra bus mainly needed due to peak time running times.

Westy

Looks like according to Twitter, Wolves has a 'celebrity' guest bus driver at the moment!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk