News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Wolverhampton Garage

Started by Trident 4609, July 21, 2013, 10:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BusMan Greg

Quote from: aSingh on November 01, 2020, 03:21:35 PM
What are the best routes at WN garage?
Routes with low anti social behaviour, good reliability, low levels of fraud, good buses etc?
The 15 & the 16 are good routes, nice and scenic. They are allocated single deckers at the moment (mainly B7RLE's) which aren't bad buses from my POV as a passenger. Fraud/ant-social behavior wise I'm the wrong person to ask.

Pat

Quote from: BusMan Greg on November 01, 2020, 04:58:41 PM
The 15 & the 16 are good routes, nice and scenic. They are allocated single deckers at the moment (mainly B7RLE's) which aren't bad buses from my POV as a passenger. Fraud/ant-social behavior wise I'm the wrong person to ask.
Nice route, but can be a nightmare reliability wise.  Traffic in Brierley Hill and Kingswinford is the main problem.

the trainbasher

Quote from: Pat on November 01, 2020, 05:36:07 PM
Nice route, but can be a nightmare reliability wise.  Traffic in Brierley Hill and Kingswinford is the main problem.

If only they had built a road which could act as a bypass of Kingswinford... such as a motorway

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

aSingh

What about the 3, 4, 5, 6 and 10s?
Also which WB service is 529 most similar too in terms of how busy it is, reliability? I'm asking these questions as I am thinking of moving to WN from WB in the near future.
Singh

aSingh

Quote from: BusMan Greg on November 01, 2020, 04:58:41 PM

Asked a former WN driver and he also liked the route and the people. 👍 Didn't mention the reliability and fraud side of it though.
Singh

Sh4318

Quote from: aSingh on November 01, 2020, 03:21:35 PM
What are the best routes at WN garage?
Routes with low anti social behaviour, good reliability, low levels of fraud, good buses etc?

I quite like the 15/16 and 69 personally
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Jack

Quote from: Sh4318 on November 01, 2020, 10:13:22 PM
I quite like the 15/16 and 69 personally
Same for me, can include the 1 too for me.

MW

Quote from: aSingh on November 01, 2020, 06:15:24 PM
Asked a former WN driver and he also liked the route and the people. 👍 Didn't mention the reliability and fraud side of it though.

When you say fraud, are you referring to people not paying? I never understand why this is such an issue for some drivers. If somebody doesn't pay, surely the easiest thing to do is press the anomaly button. Why turn the engine off and throw a tantrum. Bus drivers talk about how stressful their job is... it's not stressful at all. A lot of drivers give themselves grief for no reason.

As a driver myself who's driven for NX on the 11A/11C, I never found the day to day driving stressful no matter how many passengers paid or didn't pay. The anomaly button is there for a reason! The only time I had an issue with a passenger is when he missed his stop and then got aggressive.

aSingh

Quote from: MW on November 02, 2020, 12:11:05 AM
When you say fraud, are you referring to people not paying? I never understand why this is such an issue for some drivers. If somebody doesn't pay, surely the easiest thing to do is press the anomaly button. Why turn the engine off and throw a tantrum. Bus drivers talk about how stressful their job is... it's not stressful at all. A lot of drivers give themselves grief for no reason.

As a driver myself who's driven for NX on the 11A/11C, I never found the day to day driving stressful no matter how many passengers paid or didn't pay. The anomaly button is there for a reason! The only time I had an issue with a passenger is when he missed his stop and then got aggressive.

Was just asking Jeez, never asked for a lecture. Mind you, I do drive the 74 and 82/87 and have for the past 3 years so I am quite comfortable with people just walking past me everyday. But I do agree with you, some drivers do take it personally, I guess they just don't understand that some people have a hard time making decent amount of money with food, rent/mortgage, bills etc their main concern.

When I go on the 48 which is a great route with good reliability, people, fraud, I find it a breeze compared the 74, 82,87. Just like comparing.

Regarding stress, haven't had many drivers complain of this job being stressful. The ones that are still driving are okay with it and will probably exaggerate their situation as we all like complaining for a bit of fun. The ones that found it stressful have left.

Again I just wanted to know what are the best routes at WN garage because I just want to know. if I decide in future to move there I will have a bit of information about the areas and garage.

Anyway anyone else like to add their favoirite and/or best WN routes.
Singh

Quote from: aSingh on November 02, 2020, 02:04:37 AM
I guess they just don't understand that some people have a hard time making decent amount of money with food, rent/mortgage, bills etc their main concern.
I'm sure some people who have difficulty making decent amount of money to pay food, rent, bills, etc do still pay there bus fare.
No excuse at all in my opinion.

The sort that I used to see not paying also used to be the sort that would go and sit on the top deck smoking, etc.

Excellent that some drivers don't allow people to get away with it I think, I remember a driver on the 55 who told someone (youth) to get off at the next stop as he was trying to use a dodgy ticket on his phone at the start of 2020, would have been around January.
Don't see why he should get away with it to be honest and doubt he had any bills to pay. Also saw similar on AG 4 route recently, driver put the alarm on and they got off shortly.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

aSingh

Quote from: 2206 on November 02, 2020, 02:41:20 AM
I'm sure some people who have difficulty making decent amount of money to pay food, rent, bills, etc do still pay there bus fare.
No excuse at all in my opinion.

The sort that I used to see not paying also used to be the sort that would go and sit on the top deck smoking, etc.

Excellent that some drivers don't allow people to get away with it I think, I remember a driver on the 55 who told someone (youth) to get off at the next stop as he was trying to use a dodgey ticket on his phone at the start of 2020, would have been around January.
Don't see why he should get away with it to be honest and doubt he had any bills to pay. Also saw similar on AG 4 route recently.

Everyone's situation varies, I just like to be mindful that they could be going through a hard period in their life to which I really don't want to add to and also do not want to be in the firing line if I do do something that agitates them like asking to pay, check ticket or bus pass again. They are very likely to remember my face than I am theirs, I don't want to get stabbed. So I just press the anomaly button and if needed the anti social button which let's revenue and safer travel do the policing through the data.
Singh

fleetline6477

Remember travelling on the 82 from Bearwood not long after the Enviro 400s came onto the route. I was sat on the front nearside seat, a guy got on at the Barleycorn with a ticket and showed it back to front, the driver stopped him, it was an out of date daysaver. He told him, you want to get away with using an out of date ticket show it normally, the print is so faint on most of em we can't read them.

I guess the bigger tickets with the printed word of the day are a big help.

bususer28

Quote from: aSingh on November 02, 2020, 02:04:37 AM

Anyway anyone else like to add their favoirite and/or best WN routes.
Personal favourites for me are the 10s in particular 10A and 10B. The 54/A used to be incredible going through the countryside, relatively quiet throughout the day but sadly it no longer exists. :(

Roy

Double decker operation has been restored on the 15 and 16.

Tony

5409 will be at Wolverhampton garage later tonight!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk