News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Wolverhampton Garage

Started by Trident 4609, July 21, 2013, 10:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack6101

yess must of been I thought it was a hybrid tho but 4932 is crimson  ( should of been clear earlier it was a e400
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

BN

Nearly all of the parked up vehicles have now had a run out this week.

BH2004

BH2004

Tony

Quote from: BH2004 on May 27, 2020, 08:20:19 PM
When will 4936 be out?

When Perry Barr bodymakers have finished the RTC repairs

BH2004

Quote from: Tony on May 27, 2020, 08:27:43 PM
When Perry Barr bodymakers have finished the RTC repairs

How long do you think that will be

BH2004

4425 first day out at WN on the 15/16

l.murphy123

Express and Star say the jourmey time on the new Wolverhampton - Walsall line will be about 16 minutes which is about 25-30 minutes faster than the 529. Wonder what the level of impact will be for NX?
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

ellspurs

Quote from: l.murphy123 on June 13, 2020, 12:39:29 PM
Express and Star say the jourmey time on the new Wolverhampton - Walsall line will be about 16 minutes which is about 25-30 minutes faster than the 529. Wonder what the level of impact will be for NX?

Last time they had the train run that route, didn't it get withdrawn due to low patronage?

I see that they're reinstating the stations at Willenhall and Darlaston, although the proposed site for Willenhall is quite a bit away from where the shops are.

I'd say it will be a complement to the Wolves-Walsall corridor, but not really do too much to the 529.

Sh4318

Quote from: ellspurs on June 13, 2020, 12:55:24 PM
Last time they had the train run that route, didn't it get withdrawn due to low patronage?

I see that they're reinstating the stations at Willenhall and Darlaston, although the proposed site for Willenhall is quite a bit away from where the shops are.

I'd say it will be a complement to the Wolves-Walsall corridor, but not really do too much to the 529.

They did, but patronage was picking up
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Roy

Quote from: ellspurs on June 13, 2020, 12:55:24 PM

One of the reasons cited for the closure in 2008 was a shortage of rolling stock with the Class 153 unit used on the service earmarked for another route.  It didn't help that there were no intermediate stations on the line which would have attracted more passengers.   

Willenhall station will be in Bilston Street about 150 yards away from the Willenhall Market Place bus stops - so it will be quite close to the shops.  The same can't be said of Darlaston which will be in the James Bridge area and won't serve the town centre directly.

Busboy105

Quote from: l.murphy123 on June 13, 2020, 12:39:29 PM
The Midland Metro didn't affect the 126 when it used to go all the way to Wolves so I doubt there will be a major impact.
Does this mean that the line is 100% confirmed to start building?

Tony

Quote from: Busboy105 on June 13, 2020, 02:04:02 PM
The Midland Metro didn't affect the 126 when it used to go all the way to Wolves so I doubt there will be a major impact.
Does this mean that the line is 100% confirmed to start building?

Does the 126 still run between Wolverhampton & Birmingham?
also
Does the 979 still run between Wolverhampton & Birmingham?

mikestone

There was a lot of press puff in March claiming planning applications for the stations had been submitted, but I cannot find any reference on the Walsall MBC planning website.

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Tony on June 13, 2020, 02:20:54 PM
Does the 126 still run between Wolverhampton & Birmingham?
also
Does the 979 still run between Wolverhampton & Birmingham?
It is my understanding that National Express West Midlands Service X8 operates an excellent Plantnum service between Wolverhampton & Birmingham at present.

A poster mentioned by @ellspurs historically commented on this service on the forum .

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk