News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Wolverhampton Garage

Started by Trident 4609, July 21, 2013, 10:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on February 22, 2020, 11:16:34 AM
So by your logic, nobody wants to travel from Wolverhampton to Stafford direct by bus?

What about on Saturdays when Select only run Wolves to Brewood?
Most people would use the train to Stafford.  At a guess, I'd say that is why the i54 - Stafford section is being withdrawn due to low passenger numbers, probably because people use the train instead.

l.murphy123

So by your logic, nobody wants to travel from Wolverhampton to Stafford direct by bus?

The select ones take ages and the timetable is confusing except between Wolves and Brewood
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

mranon

Quote from: BusMan Greg on February 21, 2020, 09:13:20 PM
Honestly... The 54 isn't a heavy loss. All Sections of the route are covered by other services inc:

Wolves-I54 Route 4
Wolves-Coven Routes 877/878
Wolves-Penkridge Route 878 or Train
Penkridge-Stafford Routes 75, 878 or Train
Coven-Penkridge Route 878

The point is it doesn't need replacing.

I think you will find there are lots of people that use it regularly, that will miss it. can't really say the select service will cut it, as they don't run as early or late. problem is lack of info staffs side, fares, the fact that its one of those routes that a major incident on the m6 can really screw reliability up, and the "clever scheduling" and route adjustment in Stafford town centre stuffed it completely, as it misses out the back of the guildhall where majority of people used to alight, the new development, and bus station. Maybe if they had routed it from the green and turned right into town rather than Newport rd, and took it around new development, past police station, bus station then out past train station it may have improved matters.

l.murphy123

Quote from: mranon on February 23, 2020, 09:41:03 AM
I think you will find there are lots of people that use it regularly, that will miss it. can't really say the select service will cut it, as they don't run as early or late. problem is lack of info staffs side, fares, the fact that its one of those routes that a major incident on the m6 can really screw reliability up, and the "clever scheduling" and route adjustment in Stafford town centre stuffed it completely, as it misses out the back of the guildhall where majority of people used to alight, the new development, and bus station. Maybe if they had routed it from the green and turned right into town rather than Newport rd, and took it around new development, past police station, bus station then out past train station it may have improved matters.

On a side note Arriva cut out the railway station. Surprised there isn't a Codsall - Stafford service?
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

BusMan Greg

Quote from: l.murphy123 on February 23, 2020, 05:17:45 PM
On a side note Arriva cut out the railway station. Surprised there isn't a Codsall - Stafford service?
Why is it surprising?

Solo1

Quote from: l.murphy123 on February 23, 2020, 05:17:45 PM
wasn't there a 880 service by choice travel

the trainbasher

Does anyone know if 729/730 are in service yet?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

mranon

Quote from: Solo1 on February 23, 2020, 10:19:30 PM
wasn't there a 880 service by choice travel

yes there was an 880, that became the 88 when arriva ran it. then when everything got changed selects 877/878 swallowed the brewood to Stafford bit up, and the perton to codsall bit became the 10b.

Wumpty

The way I read the posts, and the subsequent curtailing, is that there isn't enough demand to warrant a through route, not that anyone is suggesting that no one needs a direct route. The initial concept is good and logic would suggest a through bus to the two major destinations is needed and would work (in the same way Travel A"Z launched the Walsall to Wolverhampton via Manor and New Cross Hospitals linking two major healthcare facilities).

NXWM has tried and tested a number of options and, for whatever reason, has decided to cut the route short.

Personally, if I was travelling Wolverhampton to Stafford, I'd either drive or catch a train.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

BK63 YWP

Quote from: the trainbasher on February 24, 2020, 10:19:26 AM
Does anyone know if 729/730 are in service yet?

They are in reserve according to the repaint list
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

BN

5427 arrived today, we'll try and get it out in service next week.

the trainbasher

Quote from: BN on February 25, 2020, 08:12:59 PM
5427 arrived today, we'll try and get it out in service next week.

What route is it going to be on??

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

BK63 YWP

Quote from: the trainbasher on February 25, 2020, 08:49:08 PM
What route is it going to be on??

The 1 or the 15/16 as the a few E400s were swapped to YW and Dundee sent the E400H to replace them
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

mikestone

Quote from: Wumpty on February 24, 2020, 11:28:35 AM
The way I read the posts, and the subsequent curtailing, is that there isn't enough demand to warrant a through route, not that anyone is suggesting that no one needs a direct route. The initial concept is good and logic would suggest a through bus to the two major destinations is needed and would work (in the same way Travel A"Z launched the Walsall to Wolverhampton via Manor and New Cross Hospitals linking two major healthcare facilities).

NXWM has tried and tested a number of options and, for whatever reason, has decided to cut the route short.

Personally, if I was travelling Wolverhampton to Stafford, I'd either drive or catch a train.
Plus of course payment of fares on the train is seen as optional by a proportion of the punters - I shall nevet understand why Stafford didn't get barriers when other Virgin stations did.

DJ

Quote from: mikestone on February 26, 2020, 10:43:38 AM
Plus of course payment of fares on the train is seen as optional by a proportion of the punters - I shall nevet understand why Stafford didn't get barriers when other Virgin stations did.

I believe Wolverhampton will have barriers once the new station is open, however.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk