News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Wolverhampton Garage

Started by Trident 4609, July 21, 2013, 10:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Quote from: BusMan Greg on November 09, 2019, 10:18:58 PM
In regards to your comment about the platinum announcements, the announcements on the number 1 are alot better as they are voiced by the depot manager (who indeed has a black country accent). This reminds me of the days when each garage was it's own corporation. I believe every depot should do something like this as each platinum route would be alot more personalised to the areas that are served.

Imagine if they did the X51 in a Cannock accent 😂

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Busman Jamie on January 30, 2020, 09:01:59 PM
They don't seem to of been debranded completely but all the ones I've seen have part of the branding removed

I54 doesn't take up as much room as Spring Hill so the new vinyls don't go all the way back so there's about a foot of blank space.

Jack

Quote from: Bob on January 31, 2020, 09:33:48 AM
Imagine if they did the X51 in a Cannock accent 😂
It would be good if they did the WA, WN, WB and PE announcements in a Black Country accent and the Birmingham garages in a Birmingham accent.

The 1 and 4 (4H/4M) are the last ones with the regional accents left.

richardjones210368

Quote from: Jack on January 31, 2020, 11:14:04 AM
It would be good if they did the WA, WN, WB and PE announcements in a Black Country accent and the Birmingham garages in a Birmingham accent.

The 1 and 4 (4H/4M) are the last ones with the regional accents left.
Personally I cant stand the announcements on the NXWM 4 4H 4M from that soppy chap. Its impossible to have a West Midlands accent on a bus I am sure Winston would agree our Blackheath/Halesowen accent is very different to a Dudley accent,one of my mates has a Dudddlleyyy accent while another of my mates has a Harborne Brummie accents when were at concerts and on holiday no one believes were are all from the same area. I was at Bartley Green memorial and a bloke said "your not from round here mate are you" personally I think.Noddy Holder of Slade should do all onscreen announcements in the TfWM area especially when Itttttsssss Chrisssttmasss!

don

I'm sure the people for whom they're meant (partially sighted, strangers to the area) find them very useful. Presumably people from those groups who get on a competitors bus don't have the same facility.

@richardjones210368 I'm surprised you're taking such a flippant attitude towards such quality provision by NXWM. I personally think it ought to be Brian Blessed - spur some of the soppier people of the area covered into life 😄
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Jack

Tbf the announcements have gone from the majority of the 4 Omnilinks... hopefully they'll reprogram them at some point..

richardjones210368

Quote from: don on January 31, 2020, 12:36:50 PM
I'm sure the people for whom they're meant (partially sighted, strangers to the area) find them very useful. Presumably people from those groups who get on a competitors bus don't have the same facility.

@richardjones210368 I'm surprised you're taking such a flippant attitude towards such quality provision by NXWM. I personally think it ought to be Brian Blessed - spur some of the soppier people of the area covered into life 😄
The start stop announcements are an excellent provision from NXWM I just cant stand the blokes voice on the 4 4H 4M I do like the lady on the X8 however she has the purr of an Anthea  Turner...........................

mesub

Quote from: richardjones210368 on January 31, 2020, 03:06:55 PM
I do like the lady on the X8 however she has the purr of an Anthea  Turner...........................

Mr platinum was better!
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

the trainbasher

Easy way to stop the accent problem. Just use someone from the BBC News to do them.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

MasterPlan

Quote from: mesub on January 31, 2020, 03:35:50 PM
Mr platinum was better!

He was. The female ones aren't that bad though. Just sometimes they feel a bit quick. For example University North Gate sounded like University Woodgate the other day lol.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

l.murphy123

Quote from: mesub on January 31, 2020, 03:35:50 PM
Mr platinum was better!

I didn't mind the ones on the 4/4M/4H! and I did much prefer Mr Platinum to Mrs who gets rather annoying by the end of a journey. The 529 was last to change in Wolvo and Walsall :-(
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

BH2004

What buses are going on to the 15/16 when 4919 -4927 leave

winston

Quote from: BH2004 on February 03, 2020, 04:34:21 PM

The ones coming down from Dundee, some of which that are already at WN (E400H)

Trident 4609

Quote from: BH2004 on February 03, 2020, 04:34:21 PM

I'd imagine the primary allocation would be a mix of E400/E40D's (49**'s) and Enviro 400H's (54**'s), not much different to now.

Jack6101

WN 2014 (3/4 branded ) was NIS on bull street at 4:50 Pm
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk