News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Wolverhampton Garage

Started by Trident 4609, July 21, 2013, 10:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack6101

The next stop annocenments on 6775 have now been updated to the new style ( says X8 Birmingham )
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

l.murphy123

Quote from: Jack6101 on November 09, 2019, 02:53:16 PM
The next stop annocenments on 6775 have now been updated to the new style ( says X8 Birmingham )
Is it Mr Platinum or Mrs Platinum?
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

BH2004

What are the names of 2024 - 2029

winston

Trident 4609

Quote from: l.murphy123 on November 09, 2019, 04:18:52 PM
Is it Mr Platinum or Mrs Platinum?

'Mrs Platinum', if that's what some refer to it as. The 529 have also been updated.

Jack6101

Quote from: Nathan on November 09, 2019, 06:25:55 PM
'Mrs Platinum', if that's what some refer to it as. The 529 have also been updated.
It's MRS platinum mate
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

nathanielrwi

Was on the 1 recently and an unbranded platinum was on it and it had next stop announcements - are there plans for the 1 to go platinum in the near future?

Jack

Quote from: nathanielrwi on November 09, 2019, 08:10:32 PM
Was on the 1 recently and an unbranded platinum was on it and it had next stop announcements - are there plans for the 1 to go platinum in the near future?
Those announcements are nowhere near as good as the Hybrids... it's a shame that they couldn't justify the Platinum routes' announcements  by area, e.g. the Walsall Platinums/Wolves Platinums with Black Country accents and BC Platinums with Birmingham accents etc...

BusMan Greg

Quote from: Jack on November 09, 2019, 08:13:04 PM
Those announcements are nowhere near as good as the Hybrids... it's a shame that they couldn't justify the Platinum routes' announcements  by area, e.g. the Walsall Platinums/Wolves Platinums with Black Country accents and BC Platinums with Birmingham accents etc...
In regards to your comment about the platinum announcements, the announcements on the number 1 are alot better as they are voiced by the depot manager (who indeed has a black country accent). This reminds me of the days when each garage was it's own corporation. I believe every depot should do something like this as each platinum route would be alot more personalised to the areas that are served.

Jack

Quote from: BusMan Greg on November 09, 2019, 10:18:58 PM
In regards to your comment about the platinum announcements, the announcements on the number 1 are alot better as they are voiced by the depot manager (who indeed has a black country accent). This reminds me of the days when each garage was it's own corporation. I believe every depot should do something like this as each platinum route would be alot more personalised to the areas that are served.
The 222 E200's had Black Country accents and up until recently the 4 branded Omnilinks had them but they've recently been removed out of the blue.

CL

2001 has just passed through Walsall Bus Station carrying the blind 'X61 Wolverhampton, via Walsall'

Is this a works service?

(best photo I could get, considering where the sun was facing!)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Trident 4609

Quote from: CL on November 11, 2019, 11:04:36 AM
2001 has just passed through Walsall Bus Station carrying the blind 'X61 Wolverhampton, via Walsall'

Is this a works service?

(best photo I could get, considering where the sun was facing!)

Yes, it's the Wolverhampton to Boots Distribution Centre in Burton Upon Trent. Midland Classic appear to have runs on it too, i saw one of their E200's on Bilston Street island a few Sunday evenings ago. Select Bus Services have run it in previous years.

CL

Quote from: Nathan on November 11, 2019, 11:20:12 AM
Yes, it's the Wolverhampton to Boots Distribution Centre in Burton Upon Trent. Midland Classic appear to have runs on it too, i saw one of their E200's on Bilston Street island a few Sunday evenings ago. Select Bus Services have run it in previous years.
Cheers :) had to do a double take to see if I was seeing things! 😂
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

l.murphy123

Quote from: Jack6101 on November 09, 2019, 06:44:14 PM
It's MRS platinum mate

Noooo prefer MR and its so annoying hearing the route name everytime the bus stops.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

mesub

Mr platinum was better. His voice felt like it matched the colours of the vehicle, why they changed to be like London I'm not sure.
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk