News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Wolverhampton Garage

Started by Trident 4609, July 21, 2013, 10:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Whats with the 'musical accompiment' on the speakers of the Platties?

(As far as the 529 is concerned!)

Its a few little musical notes!

Dont hear them on Walsall's Platties!

Quote from: Westy on January 10, 2019, 04:36:51 PM

What do you mean by that, i've never noticed anything like that either the new style or old next stop announcements at BC?
Infact, a lot of BC buses seem to have the new style next stop announcements now.
The few times i've been on the X7/X8 as well, I don't remember ever noticing any musical accompiment?

Is this at every stop, or just at the terminus, as I know  the BC Platinums with the old next stop announcements would make some sort of musical sound at the terminus when they start and something like "Welcome Aboard Route X2" appeared on the display.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

P419 EJW

Quote from: Westy on January 10, 2019, 04:36:51 PM

I have reported to a WN engineer about one Platinum that does the musical noise.

Jack

Quote from: 2206 on January 10, 2019, 05:29:21 PM
What do you mean by that, i've never noticed anything like that either the new style or old next stop announcements at BC?
Infact, a lot of BC buses seem to have the new style next stop announcements now.
The few times i've been on the X7/X8 as well, I don't remember ever noticing any musical accompiment?

Is this at every stop, or just at the terminus, as I know  the BC Platinums with the old next stop announcements would make some sort of musical sound at the terminus when they start and something like "Welcome Aboard Route X2" appeared on the display.
I think it's something to do with when the Hanover is changed by the driver, heard them many times on PB and BC Platinums.

Tony

Quote from: Jack on January 10, 2019, 07:02:39 PM
I think it's something to do with when the Hanover is changed by the driver, heard them many times on PB and BC Platinums.

Yes, it's when the bus is looking for the route it is on to select the stops. The new ones do it when I have been moving them around BC even though they haven't got ticket machines fitted or the data installed. Only happens oncenot before each announcement

BN

Quote from: Tony on January 10, 2019, 07:07:35 PM
Yes, it's when the bus is looking for the route it is on to select the stops. The new ones do it when I have been moving them around BC even though they haven't got ticket machines fitted or the data installed. Only happens oncenot before each announcement
I'm interested in this subject, what's the general consensus on the volume? Just right or too high/low. The more responses the better please, here or pm.

Quote from: BN on January 10, 2019, 07:49:07 PM
I'm interested in this subject, what's the general consensus on the volume? Just right or too high/low. The more responses the better please, here or pm.
If they are the same as the ones at BC, then they're certainly clear and not too low, any louder would be a bit to much, one of AG's I went on once was to low and I could barely make out what it was saying from the top deck when I got on one of them once.

They're about right in my opinion, at least this way all passengers can hear them, though some people still don't seem to be able to hear them/notice them, there were lots of passengers on the X2 earlier were asking the driver why its not going to the City Centre and seemed surprised, though it had been announcing "X2 to Yardley" after every stop since Solihull, I do think the introduction of announcing the terminus is probably a good idea though and it did seem to help in informing passengers it wasn't going to where they want to go.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Westy

I heard it over listening to my personal Dab Fm radio.

(Anyone like Greatest Hits by the way, the replacement for Free 80's & the Absolute Fm service?)

Jack6101

Will the x7 get the new style annocwments cause there more stops on there since it stated
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Trident 4609

Quote from: Westy on January 10, 2019, 07:59:36 PM
I heard it over listening to my personal Dab Fm radio.

(Anyone like Greatest Hits by the way, the replacement for Free 80's & the Absolute Fm service?)
[/b]

Listened to a little bit, not too shabby. Gives me a fix of 80's music lost from Heart. Would prefer Absolute. I'm more of an avid Radio 1 (sometimes Radio 2) listener, although... this isn't the Digital Spy forum so best get back on topic before this is deleted 😂😂

I suppose this is somewhat relevent... if anyone knows, who does the voiceovers on the Platinums? BBC WM came on my radio the other day and i'm sure one of the station voices/announcers was the same guy who voices the Platinum's audio announcements.

Westy

Quote from: Nathan on January 11, 2019, 12:12:12 AM
[/b]

Listened to a little bit, not too shabby. Gives me a fix of 80's music lost from Heart. Would prefer Absolute. I'm more of an avid Radio 1 (sometimes Radio 2) listener, although... this isn't the Digital Spy forum so best get back on topic before this is deleted 😂😂

I suppose this is somewhat relevent... if anyone knows, who does the voiceovers on the Platinums? BBC WM came on my radio the other day and i'm sure one of the station voices/announcers was the same guy who voices the Platinum's audio announcements.

I know 'Flupton' used to do them, but he moved to BBC Coventry a few years ago, so whether that disqualifies him now, I dont know!

mesub

Quote from: Westy on January 11, 2019, 12:52:17 PM
I know 'Flupton' used to do them, but he moved to BBC Coventry a few years ago, so whether that disqualifies him now, I dont know!
A voice actor does it now for the platinums
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

Westy

6767 just threw a slight wobbler on the 529 just.

After that musical bit previously mentioned, the display & audio changed to say 'Next stop Shakespeare Street'!

Wheres Shakespeare Street?

Taking a guess its on the X7 or X8!

P419 EJW

Quote from: Westy on January 11, 2019, 04:35:12 PM
6767 just threw a slight wobbler on the 529 just.

After that musical bit previously mentioned, the display & audio changed to say 'Next stop Shakespeare Street'!

Wheres Shakespeare Street?

Taking a guess its on the X7 or X8!

No. It's in Wolverhampton...on the route 529! Shakespeare Street is a street off the main road A454 Horseley Fields. Second bus stop from Wolverhampton Bus Station towards Walsall.

Westy

Quote from: P419 EJW on January 11, 2019, 06:04:48 PM
No. It's in Wolverhampton...on the route 529! Shakespeare Street is a street off the main road A454 Horseley Fields. Second bus stop from Wolverhampton Bus Station towards Walsall.

Ah not very often I use the 529 to Wolves itself. Normally go to Wolves on the 89 as I live in Bloxwich.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk