News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Wolverhampton Garage

Started by Trident 4609, July 21, 2013, 10:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BK63 YWP

Back to tridents for the 15 tomorrow, I loved having a right mix on the 255/6/7 hybrids platinums b7s.

@BN will the hybrids be rebranded for the 1
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

DJ

I'm planning a trip out today, catching the bus from near my home in Tipton up to Wolverhampton before making use of my university's free bus to Telford, then possibly onwards to Shrewsbury.

I plan on catching the WN82 to get me to Wolverhampton, from the stop at the corner of Dimmocks Ave and Central Drive. However, Google Maps says that the route will be operated by Diamond Bus. Is this just a cock up from Google/TfWM/Traveline/Whoever inputs the data, since I know Diamond run the route later in the evenings, or has it changed to a Diamond route now?

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Dom

Quote from: StourValley98 on September 03, 2018, 04:43:04 AM
I'm planning a trip out today, catching the bus from near my home in Tipton up to Wolverhampton before making use of my university's free bus to Telford, then possibly onwards to Shrewsbury.

I plan on catching the WN82 to get me to Wolverhampton, from the stop at the corner of Dimmocks Ave and Central Drive. However, Google Maps says that the route will be operated by Diamond Bus. Is this just a cock up from Google/TfWM/Traveline/Whoever inputs the data, since I know Diamond run the route later in the evenings, or has it changed to a Diamond route now?

That's a cock up. Still an NX route.

Trident4590

Has anyone noticed that the X7 doesn't show up on the nxwm app, doesn't show it's timetable all (my mistake, I thought it was only limited stop from wolvo to dudley)

OH25

6773 on the X7 this morning:

The driver is refusing to stop at any of the stops it is supposed to stop at because it doesn't have X7 on the bus stop. Surely the drivers should know which stops they are meant to stop at.
Pretty poor excuse to be honest.

MW

Quote from: OH25 on September 05, 2018, 08:37:17 AM
6773 on the X7 this morning:

The driver is refusing to stop at any of the stops it is supposed to stop at because it doesn't have X7 on the bus stop. Surely the drivers should know which stops they are meant to stop at.
Pretty poor excuse to be honest.

No, they don't. They're expected to know.

Me as a driver, I don't know a lot of the Stop names, so if they give out sheets listing the stops, unless it's a main monument or timing point, I wouldn't know either.

PB2938

Quote from: MW on September 05, 2018, 01:20:27 PM
No, they don't. They're expected to know.

Me as a driver, I don't know a lot of the Stopi names, so if they give out sheets listing the stops, unless it's a main monument or timing point, I wouldn't know either.

X7 Dudley Birmingham is new territory for Wolverhampton bus drivers it take time for rota drivers to learn roads stop names.
952A Rugeley
Via Great Barr,  Walsall, Cheslyn Hay, Cannock, Heath Hayes and Hednesford

OH25

Quote from: PB2938 on September 05, 2018, 06:03:12 PM
X7 Dudley Birmingham is new territory for Wolverhampton bus drivers it take time for rota drivers to learn roads stop names.

Surely the stop at City Hospital, mentioned on the displays and timetables is pretty much a given and should be known whether it is new territory or not.

Trident4590

Does anyone know why the 79 is running a support bus service today?

Kevin

Quote from: Trident4590 on September 07, 2018, 04:13:19 PM
Does anyone know why the 79 is running a support bus service today?

Support bus?
I know the temporary lights at Hill Top / Witton Lane are stuck on red and the driver of one I caught this morning was moaning a out it to all drivers passing the other way. I alighted it and he was 17 late I can only imagine it just getting worse
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Trident4590

They seem to be running two buses together (Support bus) a lot of them coming the other way were running a support bus aswell, I even saw a 79E running to Wednesbury and then the one after becoming packed

Tony

Quote from: Trident4590 on September 07, 2018, 05:42:01 PM
They seem to be running two buses together (Support bus) a lot of them coming the other way were running a support bus aswell, I even saw a 79E running to Wednesbury and then the one after becoming packed

Not quite sure where you get support bus from. Wolverhampton are certainly not running any extras if that's what you mean, but as said above temporary traffic light stuck on red do tend to screw timetables up

DJ

I've just seen some photos of 6765 driving along the pedestrianised high street in Walsall, does anyone know why it was going along there? It had 529 on the blinds too, rather than being out of service.

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: StourValley98 on September 09, 2018, 06:38:19 PM
I've just seen some photos of 6765 driving along the pedestrianised high street in Walsall, does anyone know why it was going along there? It had 529 on the blinds too, rather than being out of service.
was it going in-bound

DJ

Quote from: I love Walsall buses on September 09, 2018, 06:51:17 PM
was it going in-bound

It had Walsall on the blind. I've heard there was a diversion in place but the high street wasn't part of it!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk