News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Wolverhampton Garage

Started by Trident 4609, July 21, 2013, 10:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Quote from: MW on July 12, 2018, 09:24:19 PM
Sorry, it must have been said already, but what exactly are these 15 Hybrids going to Dundee for? I'm presuming it's short term, as they're all in Crimson and would haven been painted into Dundee Green if permanent.

Shuttle buses for The Open golf tournament at Carnoustie. The contract required hybrid buses 

Eric Shaw

I think I have been told when the Hybrids first came into service that the Alexander/Dennis Hybrids had a low maximum speed which would make for a long journey time to Dundee.

P419 EJW

@BN, 853's front LED display is very dark, it was difficult to see it from a distance.

Straightlines

Quote from: John on July 12, 2018, 09:26:47 PM
Shuttle buses for The Open golf tournament at Carnoustie. The contract required hybrid buses

I think they have moved today. Anybody got any idea how it went?  Did they all make it North under their own power?

DJ

Quote from: Straightlines on July 13, 2018, 06:04:15 PM
I think they have moved today. Anybody got any idea how it went?  Did they all make it North under their own power?

Judging by the photos in the NXWM Photos thread, they left Park Lane this morning.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

CL

Quote from: StourValley98 on July 13, 2018, 06:16:49 PM
Judging by the photos in the NXWM Photos thread, they left Park Lane this morning.
Was told that 5401 broke down in Chorley
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

DJ

Quote from: CL on July 13, 2018, 06:22:43 PM
Was told that 5401 broke down in Chorley

I've just been told that 3 broke down, with the majority also overheating.

Jack

Quote from: StourValley98 on July 13, 2018, 06:36:53 PM
I've just been told that 3 broke down, with the majority also overheating.
What are people's opinion on these? I've only ridden a very small number when BC had them, seeing videos of them they don't look that good and look unreliable. I can't remember them tbh. The B5's are a very good workhorse for NX imo, but these E400H seem to love overheating as I've seen other operators E400H's do the same.
Then again the B5's are Volvo, compared to crappy ADL E400H's.

What are people's thoughts on these?

DJ

Quote from: Jack on July 13, 2018, 06:43:25 PM
What are people's opinion on these? I've only ridden a very small number when BC had them, seeing videos of them they don't look that good and look unreliable. I can't remember them tbh. The B5's are a very good workhorse for NX imo, but these E400H seem to love overheating as I've seen other operators E400H's do the same.

They're as decent as any other E400 whenever I've caught one on the WN1. I'm not a fan of the interior though, the wooden style bits seem tacky and the green and yellow even more so. I do appreciate the stop annoucements though, as long as they're working properly.

I've never had one that's broken down, although that's from a sample size of about 5 trips over a few years.

I'm not a huge fan of ADL products in general, but the regular E400s are decent enough.

Jack

Quote from: StourValley98 on July 13, 2018, 06:55:03 PM
They're as decent as any other E400 whenever I've caught one on the WN1. I'm not a fan of the interior though, the wooden style bits seem tacky and the green and yellow even more so. I do appreciate the stop annoucements though, as long as they're working properly.

I've never had one that's broken down, although that's from a sample size of about 5 trips over a few years.

I'm not a huge fan of ADL products in general, but the regular E400s are decent enough.
The B5's have a more 'at home' as the interior feels spacious, the E400H's do seem tacky and tight.
ADL products are rubbish quality imo, E200 and E200 MMC, plastic rubbish. The E400 and E400 MMC's feel a lot better imo.

Sh4318

Quote from: Jack on July 13, 2018, 06:43:25 PM

I feel the same way about these as the Scania E400. They're catfish ADL E400s. The Crimson livery suits them really well though
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Jack

Quote from: Sh4318 on July 13, 2018, 07:07:49 PM
I feel the same way about these as the Scania E400. They're catfish ADL E400s. The Crimson livery suits them really well though
I'd rather have Scania E400's over E400H. The Scania E400 with Stagecoach in Warwickshire are nice buses. The Crimson does look good on them, I agree.

Trident 4194

These have a fair more friendly layout to the B5LH which is about the only plus of these buses over the Volvo. The seats are awful, hardly any cushion left compared to the Volvos.

John

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 13, 2018, 07:24:37 PM
These have a fair more friendly layout to the B5LH which is about the only plus of these buses over the Volvo. The seats are awful, hardly any cushion left compared to the Volvos.

The seats in both buses of the same age will be exactly the same. You probably got on a '61' reg Enviro400H and a '13' reg B5LH, the seats on the older buses will be more worn. Or on a seat that had a replacement foam seat base

MW

He might be talking about the rear seats downstairs on the E400H. If it's the same as the Mark I E400s, they had hardly any cushioning when new, so they must be pretty non existent now!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk