News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Wolverhampton Garage

Started by Trident 4609, July 21, 2013, 10:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Nearly up to the price of Arriva for getting to Stafford then!

mranon

well that's going to kill it! and how is it going to work. really think nx ought to reconsider the fares, maybe reducing them in places - they may pick up extra revenue then Stafford side

Tony

Quote from: Westy on April 09, 2018, 07:57:01 PM
Nearly up to the price of Arriva for getting to Stafford then!

What do Arriva charge from Wolverhampton to Stafford then?

Tony

Quote from: mranon on April 10, 2018, 07:29:12 PM
well that's going to kill it! and how is it going to work. really think nx ought to reconsider the fares, maybe reducing them in places - they may pick up extra revenue then Stafford side

They have reconsidered the fares, hence the changes.

With the set up as it was it was a long way from covering its costs and was going to finish. An NX commercial manager has done some clever scheduling (watch for buses parked between trips with no driver) amongst other savings. He has managed to get a small subsidy (it was going to end completely) and with this daysaver change the calculations are break even. Now most companies wouldn't even look at a break even route, but NX are determined to give it another year to see if they can get it into profit

Westy

Quote from: Tony on April 10, 2018, 07:50:41 PM
What do Arriva charge from Wolverhampton to Stafford then?

Well if I go via Cannock from Bloxwich, I have to have a £6.20 day ticket from Arriva.

Tony

Quote from: Westy on April 10, 2018, 08:00:36 PM
Well if I go via Cannock from Bloxwich, I have to have a £6.20 day ticket from Arriva.

So still over 20% cheaper

BN

Something different in for paint again now, 5401 just gone in.

Solo1

Is daysaver plus just for the 54 or are they going to be having  more services where you Can use it

Quote from: Solo1 on April 10, 2018, 09:47:40 PM
Is daysaver plus just for the 54 or are they going to be having  more services where you Can use it
A Daysaver Plus would be a daysaver you can use on the whole of the 54 and any other National Express Service.
As a daysaver would no longer be valid on the whole of the 54.
QuoteThe standard Daysaver will no longer be valid between i54 and Stafford.
A new Daysaver Plus will be introduced which will be valid on all National Express West Midlands services, including on the 54 & 54A between i54 and Stafford. This will be priced at £5 for adults and £3.50 for children.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Westy

Quote from: Tony on April 10, 2018, 08:18:27 PM
So still over 20% cheaper

That's why I said nearly as much as Arriva!

Westy

Quote from: Tony on April 10, 2018, 07:59:54 PM

With the set up as it was it was a long way from covering its costs and was going to finish. An NX commercial manager has done some clever scheduling (watch for buses parked between trips with no driver) amongst other savings. He has managed to get a small subsidy (it was going to end completely) and with this daysaver change the calculations are break even. Now most companies wouldn't even look at a break even route, but NX are determined to give it another year to see if they can get it into profit

If this works, what's the possibility of other 'out of WM' routes being introduced?

TT90

NX would do well with routes to say Telford , Bridgnorth and Kidderminster perhaps ?

sonic84

Does this mean that the 54 / 54a drivers will also cover breaks on other WN routes during the 55 mins wait at Wolverhampton.

Fair play on NXWM for giving it another year. For those travelling to Stafford at peak times it really isn't much of an increase using a daysaver plus compared to a daysaver.

I do wonder whether NCWM might consider extending the daysaver plus to other services which go outside the boundary - the X70 springs to mind!

mranon

some of the proposed fare changes will turn folk away. the daysaver was a true winner, and what will happen with those using mobile phone apps. its hard enough seeing drivers have confrontations with people trying to use network and low fare zone tickets so how will they police this. I think they should try and at least match local competition into Stafford from acton gate onwards, maybe they could pick up more revenue that way?

Solo1

What s the price if you want to go on the metro as well as the 54
Service

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk