News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Wolverhampton Garage

Started by Trident 4609, July 21, 2013, 10:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broma1k

6775/76 both on the 126 now with full branding

Trident 4609

Quote from: broma1k on October 15, 2016, 03:46:12 PM
6775/76 both on the 126 now with full branding

They've been branded and in sercice for a month or so.

Trident 4194

Is there anyway of preventing stop start on these platinums?

On BC hybrids they don't always stop start in fact yesterday from brum to harborne they only did it once?

BK63 YWP

You mean 6773,6774? Still unbranded as of yesterday
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

MW

Quote from: Trident 4194 on October 15, 2016, 04:04:03 PM

On BC hybrids they don't always stop start in fact yesterday from brum to harborne they only did it once?

If these are anything like 2203/2204 (and I expect they are) the engine cuts off when you put the handbrake on. It'll stay off for a minute if you don't do anything and then automatically fire up again. It'll fire up if you release the handbrake too.

The hybrids I expect are automatic like cars like the Toyota Prius. I've never actually been on these hybrids (either BC or WNs so this is a guess).

Dom

Quote from: MW on October 15, 2016, 05:04:06 PM
If these are anything like 2203/2204 (and I expect they are) the engine cuts off when you put the handbrake on. It'll stay off for a minute if you don't do anything and then automatically fire up again. It'll fire up if you release the handbrake too.

The hybrids I expect are automatic like cars like the Toyota Prius. I've never actually been on these hybrids (either BC or WNs so this is a guess).

I was told that you press the brake with the handbrake it cuts out then press the accelerator and it turns back on.

Stu

Quite simply, yes there is. Just keep driving without stopping and putting on the handbrake. I can imagine a few passengers being inconvenienced though when the bus doesn't stop for them, just to prevent the stop/start technology doing its thing.

The other alternative is to spend hundreds of thousands of pounds ripping out the engines/gearboxes and replacing them with less enviromentally friendly ones, which kind of defeats the object of what the stop/start micro-hybrid technology was developed for.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Mike K

I don't understand all the technicalities of how the B5LH stop start works but I understand it's something to do with the extent to which the battery is charged. If the charge is low, the engine won't cut out, so journeys can vary a lot in terms of when the stop start kicks in.

Dom

6794 in service on the 126 today

monkeyjoe

PD0001111/105 - WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD T/A TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS, 51 BORDESLEY GREEN, BIRMINGHAM, B9 4BZ
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Birmingham and Wolverhampton given service number 126 effective from 30-Oct-2016. To amend Route.

Squiz1971

Quote from: monkeyjoe on October 17, 2016, 05:10:17 PM
PD0001111/105 - WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL LTD T/A TRAVEL WEST MIDLANDS, 51 BORDESLEY GREEN, BIRMINGHAM, B9 4BZ
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Birmingham and Wolverhampton given service number 126 effective from 30-Oct-2016. To amend Route.
Is this to reroute it back up Broad Street again??

John

4555 and another Trident are now been branded for the 59

Gareth

Quote from: Nathan on October 20, 2016, 04:47:28 PM
I thought Red & Green should never be seen...

Blue and Green should never be seen. Otherwise we would have to ban Christmas!

Tony

6791 should have just arrived

Trident 4609

Quote from: Gareth on October 20, 2016, 06:24:28 PM
Blue and Green should never be seen. Otherwise we would have to ban Christmas!

The branding reminds me of that awful green branding they applied to frequent corridors a few years ago.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk