News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Wolverhampton Garage

Started by Trident 4609, July 21, 2013, 10:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CL

Quote from: 2900 on September 16, 2016, 11:29:16 AM
? Thought I,d raise this question here as I don't know to much about wolves services, why has the 529 service retained the old style service route number when most others have been renumbered, I know all about the facts that the powers that be thought people  will find it easier to remember 2 numbers rather than 3. Most people I,ve encountered preferred the old system, to me it made sense.
Wolverhampton already has a 59
Walsall already have a 29

Not too sure why it wasn't numbered 52, but may seem a little unconventional (now) as the 51 share the 52 route from Birmingham to Great Barr - which is quite a large chunk of the route if I say so myself. My point being that the average punter may think that the two "52's" would be the same - or at least similar..

I too preferred the old 3 digit number system. Tbh, much more clearer to me than having multiple services operating under the same number!
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Squiz1971

Quote from: clayderman on September 16, 2016, 03:58:20 PM
Wolverhampton already has a 59
Walsall already have a 29

Not too sure why it wasn't numbered 52, but may seem a little unconventional (now) as the 51 share the 52 route from Birmingham to Great Barr - which is quite a large chunk of the route if I say so myself. My point being that the average punter may think that the two "52's" would be the same - or at least similar..

I too preferred the old 3 digit number system. Tbh, much more clearer to me than having multiple services operating under the same number!
I prefer the old 3 digit route numbers for Wolves,(5**) WB (4**) Walsall (3**) this new system to me can be confusing as all 4 regions have at least 1 or 2 routes with the same digits. Unless the depot prefix is attached it could be for anything unless you are aware of what routes numbers are used in each borough that match.

Stu

Quote from: 2900 on September 16, 2016, 11:29:16 AM
? Thought I,d raise this question here as I don't know to much about wolves services, why has the 529 service retained the old style service route number when most others have been renumbered, I know all about the facts that the powers that be thought people  will find it easier to remember 2 numbers rather than 3. Most people I,ve encountered preferred the old system, to me it made sense.

I always thought to myself that if they were going to change/shorten the route number, that 52 would have been an obvious choice, so you'd have the 51 Walsall to Birmingham, and 52 Walsall to Wolverhampton. I guess the renumbering of the 952 as 52 scuppered that plan.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

the trainbasher

Couldnt they number it 12 instead?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

CL

Quote from: the trainbasher on September 16, 2016, 08:16:08 PM
Couldnt they number it 12 instead?
I find that whenever NX renumbers their routes, the majority of the renumber digit(s) has some relevance/indication as to what the route had previously been numbered. I can't think of how or why 12 could be derived from the 529 - other than the fact that both numbers share "2"

Not that I'm trying to knock your point, but I'd like to know where the 12 comes from? The last digits of the 51/52?

the trainbasher

Quote from: clayderman on September 16, 2016, 08:59:55 PM
I find that whenever NX renumbers their routes, the majority of the renumber digit(s) has some relevance/indication as to what the route had previously been numbered. I can't think of how or why 12 could be derived from the 529 - other than the fact that both numbers share "2"

Not that I'm trying to knock your point, but I'd like to know where the 12 comes from? The last digits of the 51/52?

That, along with it being a number not used in either Wolverhampton or Walsall AFAIK

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

CL

Quote from: the trainbasher on September 16, 2016, 09:16:39 PM
That, along with it being a number not used in either Wolverhampton or Walsall AFAIK
True - or any other West Midlands based garage for that matter! :P

MW

Quote from: clayderman on September 16, 2016, 09:34:00 PM
True - or any other West Midlands based garage for that matter! :P

The last 12 was basically the 3 route at YW. Renumbered to 3, for some reason, and the 4 was renumbered to 5. Would have gone well if they maybe renumbered the 31 to 5, and kept the 4. That way, routes 2, 3, 4 (current 5 but used to be route 4), 5 (current 31) and 6 would serve Stratford Road.

karl724223

Ronnoc

Quote from: MW on September 16, 2016, 09:40:55 PM
The last 12 was basically the 3 route at YW. Renumbered to 3, for some reason, and the 4 was renumbered to 5. Would have gone well if they maybe renumbered the 31 to 5, and kept the 4. That way, routes 2, 3, 4 (current 5 but used to be route 4), 5 (current 31) and 6 would serve Stratford Road.
There used to be a 38 service as well.

Quote from: Ronnoc on September 16, 2016, 10:03:37 PM
There used to be a 38 service as well.
City Centre - Stratford Road - Warwick Road - Acocks Green - Sheldon - Airport.
AG used to use B6LE on it I think.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

winston

Quote from: 2206 on September 16, 2016, 10:05:27 PM
City Centre - Stratford Road - Warwick Road - Acocks Green - Sheldon - Airport.
AG used to use B6LE on it I think.

It was the 38Y before that under Travel Yourbus

Other Walsall Tony

Quote from: Stu on September 16, 2016, 07:53:49 PM
I always thought to myself that if they were going to change/shorten the route number, that 52 would have been an obvious choice, so you'd have the 51 Walsall to Birmingham, and 52 Walsall to Wolverhampton. I guess the renumbering of the 952 as 52 scuppered that plan.

Or go right back to its origins and call it the 5B?
Tony

BK63 YWP

According to flickr 6776/6778 left Falkirk yesterday
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

A Platinum E400 MMC was on the 126 on Smallbrook Queensway at 10:05.
It was 6761 that was on Smallbrook Queensway at 10:05, it was at Five Ways at about 14:20.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk