News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Wolverhampton Garage

Started by Trident 4609, July 21, 2013, 10:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sh4318

Quote from: P419 EJW on August 31, 2016, 09:19:01 AM
For anyone who are interested to see the 529 branding.

Offside shot: https://flic.kr/p/LHBAqa
Rear shot: https://flic.kr/p/LAF2eR

Not as bad as I was expecting
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Lukeee

That image on the back of the platinum looks a bit questionable lol

Gareth

Quote from: Lukeee on August 31, 2016, 09:04:18 PM
That image on the back of the platinum looks a bit questionable lol

I really don't understand all the comments I've seen in various places about the banding. If any of you have glowing phone shaped body parts at almost knee level, you all need to see a doctor!

Tony

6760; 6761; 6762 & 6764 all out today

Dom

And 6760 has a faulty scanner.

P419 EJW

The 529 Stand in Wolverhampton Bus Station has been vandalised, I mean Platinumised.

Update: The 126 Stand has been Platinumised as well.

P419 EJW

Quote from: Tony on September 01, 2016, 08:06:44 AM
6760; 6761; 6762 & 6764 all out today

6765 came out on 529 earlier this afternoon. Think it is the one it comes out of garage at 14:44 and back to garage at 00:25. 6765's destination displays are not functional.

Mike K

Quote from: Gareth on September 01, 2016, 12:36:53 AM
I really don't understand all the comments I've seen in various places about the banding. If any of you have glowing phone shaped body parts at almost knee level, you all need to see a doctor!

Mine comes almost down to knee level but I certainly don't need to see a doctor  ;)

don

Quote from: Mike K on September 01, 2016, 07:39:56 PM
Mine comes almost down to knee level but I certainly don't need to see a doctor  ;)

Do you mean your mobile phone comes down to your knees or are you confusing with your landline..... :D

FWIW I didn't particularly notice the potential wrong interpretation of what the seated guy is holding but it did look a little tubular to me - in fact I thought it was meant to be a book or newspaper. That's only from photos though.

The other one I picked up on was on the first photos posted - the positioning on the nearside of the 'investing in the black country' slogan - which appears to be supporting the seated guys backside (you could describe it in two other ways I suspect) - presumably the slogan could be moved if considered necessary to avoid any unfortunate connotations......

All that said - these vehicles are great and an excellent, positive addition to these routes - let's hope WN keeps the lower panelling in top condition.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

don

Looking at Tony's photos of 844 and 842 in repaint, it's interesting to see the state of the lower near side panels on these vehicles......would CV have to pick up the job of fixing these (if indeed they would be prior to full repaint at around 5 yrs old)?
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Tony

Registrations and names for all of Wolverhampton's Platinums are now on the main site

http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/fleetlist/5001-9959.html

Tony

Well done to NX Wolverhampton driver Craig Lockyear who has just won the National Bus Driver of the year competition in Blackpool

Ronnoc

V89MOA

I may have missed something here but where are the extra buses coming from for the 79? The Platinums that have arrived so far seem barely enough to cover for all the transfers that have happened over the last few weeks?

Dylanbusboy45

Which Platinums are on 529 today. Thanks

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk