News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Wolverhampton Garage

Started by Trident 4609, July 21, 2013, 10:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

karl724223

During the main six weeks holidays allocations vary from normal at all garages so maintenance and servicing can be done 

P419 EJW

4558 has gained a front LED destination and a logo of national express on the front.

Jack6101

Most/all bus stop from dudley to tesco dudley have got the black flags for platnium
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Dom

Quote from: Jack6101 on August 23, 2016, 09:25:43 PM
Most/all bus stop from dudley to tesco dudley have got the black flags for platnium

As are most of the stops along the route in general.

Dom

I have a question, I imagine only @Tony or maybe @Driver03 will be able to answer.

I was informed by a drive that the trees around Lodge Farm and Netherton (on the 81) have been cut back meaning double deckers would be able to operate the route, could anyone confirm this for me please :)

I know that there have been times where double deckers have operated the route, but all have been swapped after 1 or 2 trips, except for 4004 which completed a full Saturday running board.

Driver03

Quote from: Dom on August 26, 2016, 09:08:54 AM
I have a question, I imagine only @Tony or maybe @Driver03 will be able to answer.

I was informed by a drive that the trees around Lodge Farm and Netherton (on the 81) have been cut back meaning double deckers would be able to operate the route, could anyone confirm this for me please :)

I know that there have been times where double deckers have operated the route, but all have been swapped after 1 or 2 trips, except for 4004 which completed a full Saturday running board.
I will try and find out for you @Dom and post what I find out :)

Dom

Quote from: Driver03 on August 26, 2016, 12:38:08 PM
I will try and find out for you @Dom and post what I find out :)

Thank you buddy!

mranon

platinum 6760 entered Wolverhampton bus station around 12:40pm driven by an inspector. it wasn't there long.

Other Walsall Tony

Quote from: Dom on August 23, 2016, 10:05:28 PM
As are most of the stops along the route in general.
All stops on 529 now 'black'.
Tony

Squiz1971

Which route is being upgraded 1st the 529 or the 126 with the incoming buses so far?

CL

Quote from: Squiz1971 on August 26, 2016, 05:44:43 PM
Which route is being upgraded 1st the 529 or the 126 with the incoming buses so far?
I believe I read on here that it would be the 529 first.. Unless I'm missing something too. ???
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Squiz1971

Quote from: clayderman on August 26, 2016, 05:49:10 PM
I believe I read on here that it would be the 529 first.. Unless I'm missing something too. ???
Couldn't remember if it was mentioned on here before so thanks for the info @clayderman

Stu

Logic tells me that like with Birmingham and Walsall's deliveries, you won't see the Platinums out until there are enough to run the whole route (ie fully Platinum), so as I guess the 529 uses fewer buses, as soon as there are enough ready for service then the Platinum upgrade can begin.

Just my opinion, and in all honesty it probably wouldn't surprise me if they waited for all 37 to arrive before launching both routes at the same time.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Quote from: Stu on August 26, 2016, 06:34:16 PM
Logic tells me that like with Birmingham and Walsall's deliveries, you won't see the Platinums out until there are enough to run the whole route (ie fully Platinum), so as I guess the 529 uses fewer buses, as soon as there are enough ready for service then the Platinum upgrade can begin.

Just my opinion, and in all honesty it probably wouldn't surprise me if they waited for all 37 to arrive before launching both routes at the same time.
They never waited until there were enough when the 957 was upgraded. 6711 an 6712 entered service at the beginning on June 2015 with the rest arriving towards the end of June.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on August 26, 2016, 06:37:10 PM
They never waited until there were enough when the 957 was upgraded. 6711 an 6712 entered service at the beginning on June 2015 with the rest arriving towards the end of June.

That's not what I remember, but I do know that one of the routes was Platinum before the other one (900 or 957 I forget now!). Certainly I'm sure it was the case at Walsall, when all the Platinum routes launched at once.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk