News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Wolverhampton Garage

Started by Trident 4609, July 21, 2013, 10:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4609

Quote from: Trident4590 on March 22, 2016, 07:06:05 PM
Are single decker b7's , tridents and a couple of E400H the only buses an have?
Saw 4540 today in my work place then saw it later on amazon A5, anyone know what's been done to it?

WN have 4 types of bus (soon to be a fifth). Tridents are the majority type, then B7RLE's, then Hybrids, then E200's (both SWB and LWB)

Dom

5404 on the 126 if of interest to anyone. I boarded at 16:22 at Roseville Bank Street heading towards City

woody38

Stu

Quote from: woody38 on March 25, 2016, 10:32:11 AM
looks like NXWM are making some changes to there staffs services anybody know what they are

http://www.staffordshire.gov.uk/transport/publictransport/buses/Plan-your-journey/Forthcomingbusservice.aspx

I think the clue is where it states 'Revised timetable'!  ;)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Dom

Quote from: Stu on March 25, 2016, 10:42:24 AM
I think the clue is where it states 'Revised timetable'!  ;)

24th April for both services. Personally I think the 154 will be cut to just do Wolverhampton to Cannock. I think both services will go every half hour with the introduction of a Sunday service for the 54. Just what I think, I dont wish to be slated for it.

Trident 4609

Quote from: Dom on March 25, 2016, 11:00:09 AM
24th April for both services. Personally I think the 154 will be cut to just do Wolverhampton to Cannock. I think both services will go every half hour with the introduction of a Sunday service for the 54. Just what I think, I dont wish to be slated for it.

I heard some of the evening trips are going.

Westy

Surely the evening & Sunday 54's ought to be diverted via Brewood, to reintroduce journeys at that point in the day?

(In fact, divert the entire service via Brewood. Do many people get on that section of Coven served by the 54?)

Dom

Quote from: Westy on March 26, 2016, 09:16:38 PM
Surely the evening & Sunday 54's ought to be diverted via Brewood, to reintroduce journeys at that point in the day?

(In fact, divert the entire service via Brewood. Do many people get on that section of Coven served by the 54?)

Yes quite a few actually.

Westy

On the subject of the Spectras, were Wolverhampton actually short of vehicles at the time?

They never operated Spectras previously, so they could've just as easily been transferred to any of the Black Country garages.

(Surprised Walsall never operated them, as they finished off the Bristol Vr's, ex Coventry area Fleetlines, the Lynx's & latterly the B10L's!)

Westy

Quote from: Dom on March 26, 2016, 09:17:39 PM
Yes quite a few actually.

Is the 54 route used, the same one previously used by Arriva / Midland Red, when they didn't operate via Brewood during the day themselves years ago, when Warstones used to provide the Brewood service?

Dom

Quote from: Westy on March 26, 2016, 09:24:02 PM
Is the 54 route used, the same one previously used by Arriva / Midland Red, when they didn't operate via Brewood during the day themselves years ago, when Warstones used to provide the Brewood service?

The 54 is really well used! The 154 has picked up as well. Arriva never operated the 54 it was a brand new service. Arriva operate the 76 which is the closest 'competition' NX have.

Trident 4609

Quote from: Westy on March 26, 2016, 09:21:39 PM
On the subject of the Spectras, were Wolverhampton actually short of vehicles at the time?

They never operated Spectras previously, so they could've just as easily been transferred to any of the Black Country garages.

(Surprised Walsall never operated them, as they finished off the Bristol Vr's, ex Coventry area Fleetlines, the Lynx's & latterly the B10L's!)

The Spectra's replaced the last of WN's Metrobuses.

Trident 4609

Today's WN rail reps should be 4537, 4586 and 4590. 4586 and 4588 should be on there this afternoon.

On another note, the 2 (Bushbury Hill-Warstones) now is booked hybrids on Sundays. All 3 buses yesterday were hybrid.  Today was supposed to be the same but 4572 has came out in place of 5402.

Bob

Quote from: Nathan on March 26, 2016, 09:43:21 PM
The Spectra's replaced the last of WN's Metrobuses.

Those Fleetline were great but an odd choice as walsall hadn't operated them for ten years prior to arrival

Jack6101

I seen a 529 branded strident on the m6 yesterday between junction10 /11
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk