News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Wolverhampton Garage

Started by Trident 4609, July 21, 2013, 10:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: Tony on February 08, 2016, 08:40:06 PM
They have turned out to be in so bad a condition they are unlikely to be sold, they also cannot be put back in service because of DDA rules

Can't they still be used on school contracts not avalible to the general public? Assuming there are some?

Trident 4609

Quote from: Winston on February 08, 2016, 08:57:13 PM
Can't they still be used on school contracts not avalible to the general public? Assuming there are some?

NX school services are public services. Plus most afternoon schools run onto another service.

Stuharris 6360

@Nathan Being our WN expert, are WN short of buses or would being one short not really matter for a little while?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Trident 4609

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on February 08, 2016, 09:08:14 PM
@Nathan Being our WN expert, are WN short of buses or would being one short not really matter for a little while?

In all honesty, i don't know tbh. WN covered morning and afternoon peak without any loan buses so i guess they aren't struggling like some people thought they would (well not as bad as PN were at the end of last week)

Quote from: Tony on February 08, 2016, 08:40:06 PM
They have turned out to be in so bad a condition they are unlikely to be sold, they also cannot be put back in service because of DDA rules
Quote from: 2206 on February 08, 2016, 08:35:24 PM
Tony said 1571 and 1591 were being prepared for resale.
i wondered why these were being prepared for resale when every other merc so far has gone north to become a Coke can , from what I,ve been told and read most of these mercs are suffering from corrosion to some extent, the salt used on roads at winter would have accelerated the process on an all Steel body,chassis.

Trident 4609

I was looking through Flickr photos and came across something interesting. 3225 in public service at WN in 1996 on the 543 service to Castlecroft

Link here:
https://flic.kr/p/8gWEpD

Tony

Quote from: Nathan on February 18, 2016, 09:50:47 PM
I was looking through Flickr photos and came across something interesting. 3225 in public service at WN in 1996 on the 543 service to Castlecroft

Link here:
https://flic.kr/p/8gWEpD

And someone has specially put a number roll in reel 3 as it can never normally show 3 digit service numbers

37351ml

Park Lane must have been really short of vehicles that day!

Michael Bevan

Trident 4609

@RS Just incase you were not aware, When the 62's finish service, both boards go onto work several 11 trips (Both buses on the 62 work 11's beforehand too) so SWB E200's are scheduled in the week to appear on there.

Dom

Can any one tell me where 4567 is going please. Running private towards Dudley uo Bham New Rd

Nxcal2014

Does anyone know the verdict on Trident 4593 whether National Express will scrap it or restore it.
As a mechanic i personally think its a very big job and isn't worth the money in parts or fixing it , its sad to think but 4593 may of had its day

Gareth

Quote from: Nxcal2014 on February 26, 2016, 06:34:32 PM
Does anyone know the verdict on Trident 4593 whether National Express will scrap it or restore it.
As a mechanic i personally think its a very big job and isn't worth the money in parts or fixing it , its sad to think but 4593 may of had its day

I think it's safe to say, it's beyond help!

Ronnoc

Quote from: Nxcal2014 on February 26, 2016, 06:34:32 PM
I don't think any bus with that much damage will be repaired.

mranon

Nx have scrapped buses with a lot less fire damage so 4593 could be stripped of anything useful I.e engine gearbox axles etc even if those bits serve as exchange units to save expensive surcharges on return units.  In years gone by though, one wonders if it had been a pretty low floor decker I.e one with a proper chassis and engine whether it would have been worth revisiting.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk