News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Wolverhampton Garage

Started by Trident 4609, July 21, 2013, 10:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

don

Quote from: Dom on October 10, 2015, 05:59:27 PM
@Trident 4194   Not rare in the slightest happens EVERY SINGLE BLOODY WEEK! It's booked for some reason

I was bamboozled by this until I realised it was a response to an alleged noteworthy working from a completely different thread (I've learned you sometimes have to hunt around on this forum - eg the NXWM last Merc etc day, which decamped mid thread to General Discussion). It all adds to the fun of the forum however. I'm sure it's been debated before but it does seem there's a certain amount of preciousness over what does and doesn't constitute a noseworthy working to the extent some people get quite excitable!! Surely the issue here is what constitutes 'noteworthy' which presumably means rare. As has been stated before this means different things to different people and I'm not sure the garage route allocations spreadsheet assists in this context, although it's a very interesting piece of work.

I would have thought that one timing a day at a point with tens or hundreds of journeys a day constitutes rare - to the casual or infrequent observer. But not to someone who lives near the route or drives/works on it and spends lots of their time observing it.

Maybe a 'rule' on what noteworthy means would help. I'm not sure the current arrangements assist the casual or occasional observer and result in the 'that's not 'insert require expletive' noteworthy working' syndrome, because thrice a day on bank holidays only is not noteworthy to them - however entertaining that is.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

domino.99

Right I feel as if now I am required to explain myself as to why I reacted how I did yesterday to @Trident 4194 post about 2114 being on the 81.

Firstly I apologise to @Trident 4194 If I came across rude or aggresive it was not meant to come across that way.

Secondly, the reason I reacted how I did is because every other week someone reports a B7RLE on the 81 as noteworthy. It is not noteworthy as for about a month and a half it has been booked from Garage, the running board has B7 Single Deck printed on it. I don't know why this is but it is. I reacted how I did yesterday is because every other week it is reported as noteworthy by someone or another and it isn't noteworthy. I feel noteworthy is something that does not happen on a regular basis, so for example on a weekday a E200 on the WN2 is noteworthy as it does not happen everyday/on a regular basis. Whilst a B7 on the 81 happens every saturday therefore is not noteworthy. The reason I mention that fact to people is because it kind of makes people delusional, some of you may say if your sick of posting it then don' bother but I feel people should know that it is not noteworthy. I post it when it happens because I just wish to make people aware, I have posted it quite a few times now so yeah...

I have also mentioned it to be added to the spreadsheet.

Quote from: Dom on September 19, 2015, 07:14:19 PM
In the other allocations of WN81 you could put that there is a board allocated a B7, saves people posting it as noteworthy when it happens every week
Quote from: Dom on September 19, 2015, 07:14:19 PM

Quote from: Dom on August 08, 2015, 09:46:41 PM
@RS  there is always a B7 on the 81 on a Saturday. It is booked on!

Quote from: Dom on July 18, 2015, 05:35:25 PM
81/05 is now booked a B7

Quote from: Dom on July 04, 2015, 10:33:32 AM
@jack4325 81/05 the board 2063 is on is now booked as a B7RLE so not noteworthy

Quote from: Dom on October 10, 2015, 05:59:27 PM
@Trident 4194   Not rare in the slightest happens EVERY SINGLE BLOODY WEEK! It's booked for some reason

There just a few I've found by having a quick skim. I apologise if this comes across as a rant but I had to get it off my chest becuase I felt as if I was being attacked for just stating a fact :( .

don

Dom - if it's a regularly scheduled working that's v interesting - and I see the point. However for many observers that's rare enough to be noteworthy to them. To others its irritating when others each see it for the first time and post.

winston

Quote from: don on October 11, 2015, 11:30:58 AM
Dom - if it's a regularly scheduled working that's v interesting - and I see the point. However for many observers that's rare enough to be noteworthy to them. To others its irritating when others each see it for the first time and post.

@don this is exactly the problem with the 'Noteworthy Working' thread & why is causes some many disagreements, what is Noteworthy to one, isn't Noteworthy to another. It is impossible to set a 'rule' to cover each & ever sceanrio of what is/isn't classed as a Noteworthy working, Stu's spreadsheet was designed to help identify what is/isn't 'Noteworthy' especially for those members that don't live in the area/see the route allocations on a daily basis. With all the issues the 'Noteworthy Workings' threads cause, they would be better off being scrapped permanently.

don

Quote from: Winston on October 11, 2015, 11:47:05 AM
@don this is exactly the problem with the 'Noteworthy Working' thread & why is causes some many disagreements, what is Noteworthy to one, isn't Noteworthy to another. It is impossible to set a 'rule' to cover each & ever sceanrio of what is/isn't classed as a Noteworthy working, Stu's spreadsheet was designed to help identify what is/isn't 'Noteworthy' especially for those members that don't live in the area/see the route allocations on a daily basis. With all the issues the 'Noteworthy Workings' threads cause, they would be better off being scrapped permanently.

I see the point Winston but both the thread and the spreadsheet are interesting for enthusiasts - as you say, there will always be disagreements and I was being a little tongue in cheek about a rule being developed. I think if people see this on a probability type basis over a whole route then they would realise that one board in an entire week will be noteworthy - even though that one board is booked for that usage. After all it would mean a few more posts in the noteworthy thread that those, like Dom, in the know could ignore or just state its booked for that vehicle type (as that would be of interest to some photographers anyway, after a rare photo).

An example of one from yesteryear - one if the Birmingham Swifts was used on a peak weekday working on route 32 daily - it appears in photos in books - it was a daily occurrence that virtually no enthusiasts knew about or even saw unless they used that corridor - surely a great rarity compared with other routes that were associated with. But probably not noteworthy on the way matters are dealt with here .....

Squiz1971

Quote from: don on October 11, 2015, 11:30:58 AM
I tend to put workings like that in the actual garage thread as I am not always sure if it is noteworthy or not i.e  either an Omnilink/city on the PB94 I would put it in the PB thread as opposed to the NW thread but that's just me personally.

Westy

Quote from: Squiz1971 on October 11, 2015, 12:12:56 PM
I tend to put workings like that in the actual garage thread as I am not always sure if it is noteworthy or not i.e  either an Omnilink/city on the PB94 I would put it in the PB thread as opposed to the NW thread but that's just me personally.

Exactly.

Don't bother with the Noteworthy thread at all.

If certain people want the info, then they can find it.

Life's too short to mess about with this subject!

Trident 4194

A b7 on a weekday on the 81 is noteworthy but not in a weekend
That's like saying an mmc on 141 is unusual in week but not on weekend. lOGIC

Trident 4609

Quote from: Trident 4194 on October 12, 2015, 06:50:34 PM

There is a running board on a Saturday that is allocated a B7 for some reason. They shouldn't be on there in the week.

domino.99

Quote from: Trident 4194 on October 12, 2015, 06:50:34 PM

It's a fact, I'm not making it up for the sake of it! @Trident 4194 Look at the top left of the running board on a Weekeday 81/05 is ENVIRO 200. On a Saturday its B7 SINGLE DECK. It's a route that goes directly passed my house I think I should know what's meant to be on it.

domino.99

I'm just asking this out of curiosty, although I doubt anyone will know, when WN operated the old 583 did any double deckers get on to it? As it's main allocation was excels and ocassionally Mercs would get on there. I was told there was a picture on Flickr of one on there but can't find it.

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Dom on October 13, 2015, 06:54:52 PM
I'm just asking this out of curiosty, although I doubt anyone will know, when WN operated the old 583 did any double deckers get on to it? As it's main allocation was excels and ocassionally Mercs would get on there. I was told there was a picture on Flickr of one on there but can't find it.

It was a mix of Excels/Mercs, maybe the odd B10L when PL had them. I do recall seeing a picture or two of Spectras on it.

domino.99

4591 has come out on WN1. A swap for 5418.
Anyone looking not due back to garage until 23:48 ( RB 1/53)

Trident 4609

@Liam. Just to clarify 2025 is a peak time extra on the 59. B7RLE's do sometimes fill in for Tridents if there isn't one avaliable at the time.

Roy

2002 has been on the 255 since 10:00 hrs this morning having replaced 4573 which broke down on Bridgnorth Road near the Waggon and Horses while working the 08:30 hrs service from Merry Hill.  The Trident was still there an hour later with hazards flashing.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk