News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Wolverhampton Garage

Started by Trident 4609, July 21, 2013, 10:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on October 10, 2015, 08:26:39 PM
I didn't delete comment, Tony did I think I said 2114 on 81

Not me

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on October 10, 2015, 08:28:30 PM
Not me

My apologies Dom had referenced in the WN thread which was the correct thing to do, no one has deleted comments

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: MW on October 10, 2015, 08:17:29 PM
Why have you deleted your comment? The rest of us can't see what you said to make sense as to why the other guy is shouting at you.

It's quite annoying when certain people always delete comments if they're wrong. Are you ashamed? Everyone makes mistakes, so please don't delete your comments.

I think part of the problem is not being able to comment on posts in the Noteworth workings thread, you instead have to go to the individual garage thread, which can cause confusion as sometimes an obscure comment will appear.

If i want to comment on a post in Noteworthy workings, i click on quote and copy the particlar item, then go to appropriate garage, press reply and then click paste. Then you can see what is being commented on.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Trident 4609

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on October 10, 2015, 08:36:33 PM
I think part of the problem is not being able to comment on posts in the Noteworth workings thread, you instead have to go to the individual garage thread, which can cause confusion as sometimes an obscure comment will appear.

If i want to comment on a post in Noteworthy workings, i click on quote and copy the particlar item, then go to appropriate garage, press reply and then click paste. Then you can see what is being commented on.

Or the person who wants to make a comment about a noteworthy working that has been posted should be more clear in what they are saying.

domino.99

Quote from: Nathan on October 10, 2015, 09:55:54 PM
Or the person who wants to make a comment about a noteworthy working that has been posted should be more clear in what they are saying.

I think I was very clear in what I was saying as trident 4194 made one comment in the noteworthy workings thread. Plus I mention it in this thread almost every other week!

Trident 4609

Quote from: Dom on October 10, 2015, 09:58:11 PM
I think I was very clear in what I was saying as trident 4194 made one comment in the noteworthy workings thread. Plus I mention it in this thread almost every other week!

That wasn't specifically referencing you :) I was just saying in general.

There were two 126's together in Wolverhampton Bus Station about 21:10 this evening. A driver told me he heard over the radio about an accident or some sort of incident on Hagley Rd. Any ideas. As mentioned in the NW thread, one of those 126's was 2028.

the trainbasher

Personally I don't see the point in the noteworthy workings thread as it is impossible to reply without incurring the wrath of certain people, it's not mobile user friendly and the garage threads get the same workings discussed as it is.

Furthermore the rule about not being able to discuss things on the noteworthy workings threads play contrary to the efficiency of the forum and provide an elitist attitude towards some more "distinguished members".

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

winston

Quote from: the trainbasher on October 10, 2015, 10:05:17 PM
Personally I don't see the point in the noteworthy workings thread as it is impossible to reply without incurring the wrath of certain people, it's not mobile user friendly and the garage threads get the same workings discussed as it is.

Furthermore the rule about not being able to discuss things on the noteworthy workings threads play contrary to the efficiency of the forum and provide an elitist attitude towards some more "distinguished members".

It's impossible to reply in the 'Noteworthy Workings' as you're not required to reply! Like many other topics on the forum it caused too many arguments / to the point Stu took it upon himself to create a spreadsheet of vehicle allocations. The rules brought in by LS / Tony have been in place for 12 months & still people can't get to grips with not replying.

the trainbasher

Quote from: Winston on October 10, 2015, 10:31:31 PM
It's impossible to reply in the 'Noteworthy Workings' as you're not required to reply! Like many other topics on the forum it caused too many arguments / to the point Stu took it upon himself to create a spreadsheet of vehicle allocations. The rules brought in by LS / Tony have been in place for 12 months & still people can't get to grips with not replying.

Yeah people can't get to grips with not replying because it is a rule which provides a lack of efficiency insofar as proved by the anarchism that is showing on this thread and others.

Furthermore, the object, believe it or not, of a forum  is to discuss topics, and by prohibiting discussion in the relevant topic is proving contrary to the point mentioned herein.

In addition, and I'm sure that the membership agree, the way it was previously set up allowed for discussion that allowed less cluttering of other threads, insofar as allowing the other threads to be used to discuss their relative topics.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

winston

Quote from: the trainbasher on October 10, 2015, 10:40:23 PM
Yeah people can't get to grips with not replying because it is a rule which provides a lack of efficiency insofar as proved by the anarchism that is showing on this thread and others.

Furthermore, the object, believe it or not, of a forum  is to discuss topics, and by prohibiting discussion in the relevant topic is proving contrary to the point mentioned herein.

In addition, and I'm sure that the membership agree, the way it was previously set up allowed for discussion that allowed less cluttering of other threads, insofar as allowing the other threads to be used to discuss their relative topics.

A Noteworthy Working doesn't need discussing, reporting only!

The object of rules, believe it or not set and those created by 'the forum owner' is to abide by them, you have 2998 other topics in which to discuss!

Discussion closed.

the trainbasher

Quote from: Winston on October 10, 2015, 10:48:33 PM
A Noteworthy Working doesn't need discussing, reporting only!

The object of rules, believe it or not set and those created by 'the forum owner' is to abide by them, you have 2998 other topics in which to discuss!

Discussion closed.

*salutes* Yes sir Winston sir! I was merely trying to provide the point that the rule regarding the noteworthy workings is backwards and is causing a detrimental effect to the forum.

Obviously it is proved that I am not allowed an opinion, meaning that obviously my place on this delightful forum, I may review.

PM

Quote from: the trainbasher on October 10, 2015, 11:03:00 PM
*salutes* Yes sir Winston sir! I was merely trying to provide the point that the rule regarding the noteworthy workings is backwards and is causing a detrimental effect to the forum.

Obviously it is proved that I am not allowed an opinion, meaning that obviously my place on this delightful forum, I may review.

I guess if you don't like the forum, the solution would be to leave and/or create your own. Oh wait... ::)

winston

Quote from: the trainbasher on October 10, 2015, 11:03:00 PM

Please don't let us stop you from reviewing your place on this forum, it seems 'the membership' didn't agree with your previous opinions and  *failed* attempt to set up a rival forum.

As you failed leave it there (see forum rules) have 7 days to consider your place!

P419 EJW

Quote from: Dom on October 10, 2015, 05:59:27 PM
@Trident 4194   Not rare in the slightest happens EVERY SINGLE BLOODY WEEK! It's booked for some reason

There were absolutely no need for that attitude towards to someone who was unfamiliar with the Wolverhampton bus allocations. You might want to revise your language.

Ashley 60171

4148 now a PL bus. Was on Amazon Friday evening. Sorry I can't sleep.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk