News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Wolverhampton Garage

Started by Trident 4609, July 21, 2013, 10:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

domino.99

Quote from: P419 EJW on August 25, 2015, 06:17:43 PM
Yes, it is and it was indeed. Read this.

Oh s*** so it was! What was the point in re-MoTing it then?!

P419 EJW

Quote from: Dom on August 25, 2015, 06:19:20 PM
Oh s*** so it was! What was the point in re-MoTing it then?!

Tony posted something about that - read here.

Ashley 60171

The scrappers are in better condition with the Eclipse 2's.

2063 the latest to get a squeaking chassis and components scraping against the underfloor.

And people slate the smaller fish for vehicle maintenance...

Tony

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on August 28, 2015, 11:19:58 AM

2063 the latest to get a squeaking chassis and components scraping against the underfloor.

OK then, what maintenance has failed? What hasn't been done? What is scraping against the underfllor?

Bryan

Like Tony, I'm confused as to what you mean!

arrifirststage

Quote from: Tony on August 28, 2015, 11:24:47 AM
OK then, what maintenance has failed? What hasn't been done? What is scraping against the underfllor?

Tony,I am quite surprised that you haven't so far realised that NX do not actually need to employ any engineers..........any bus spotter can casually stand observing vehicles in any bus station or can take a 5 minute ride on one and can then give a complete report on it's condition......further,by glancing into the buses interior at odd moments he can give a perfect report on vehicle and route loadings,thus saving hours studying loading charts..............if this method were to be used,much money could be saved on engineering and office staff,money which could be used to give English And spelling lessons to various of our posters.

andy41

The problem with faults like these is that they rarely affect the actual driving or performance of the vehicle which means drivers don't notice anymore and don't bother to defect them. Topside checkers can't spot things that only happen when the vehicle is moving. An intermediate safety check on the pits may also not pick it up. Consequently the engineers never get to the problem.

You however can go onto NX's site and report the vehicle quite easily and you should.

The Real 4778

Quote from: arrifirststage on August 28, 2015, 04:27:37 PM
Tony,I am quite surprised that you haven't so far realised that NX do not actually need to employ any engineers..........any bus spotter can casually stand observing vehicles in any bus station or can take a 5 minute ride on one and can then give a complete report on it's condition......further,by glancing into the buses interior at odd moments he can give a perfect report on vehicle and route loadings,thus saving hours studying loading charts..............if this method were to be used,much money could be saved on engineering and office staff,money which could be used to give English And spelling lessons to various of our posters.

Ah, then we wouldn't have so many enginers!  I like it!
Don't you start.

Driver03

Quote from: arrifirststage on August 28, 2015, 04:27:37 PM

Resulting in job losses which then will lead to less buses on the road and routes cut, therefor meaning a worse service for all.

Seriously knee jerk responses like this are unnecessary and unhelpful, buses are subject to strict checks at regular intervals not to mention they require MOTs at a higher frequency. As one of the previous posters suggested, if you spot a problem, report it.

Tony

Quote from: Driver03 on August 28, 2015, 06:22:24 PM
Resulting in job losses which then will lead to less buses on the road and routes cut, therefor meaning a worse service for all.

Seriously knee jerk responses like this are unnecessary and unhelpful, buses are subject to strict checks at regular intervals not to mention they require MOTs at a higher frequency. As one of the previous posters suggested, if you spot a problem, report it.

Every NXWM bus has an inspection every 28 days, as do every other responsible operator's vehicles, unless they do them even more regularly. The inspection involves 'everything' not just mechanical and every defect found on the 28 day inspection is fixed before the bus is used again. There is no 'fit for service' comments put on an inspection sheet like there can be on a driver's VCR.

For instance one of the Mercedes that were withdrawn this week were because the floor was not level any more and Mercedes do not get any money spent on them any more.

One of the problems found at GRS by the DVSA was there was no records of these 28 day inspections. The Inspector didn't say they hadn't been done, but that he had no proof they had been done. That shows you how important these are.

I am sure if something was rubbing on the underneath or the chassis was breaking this would be identified

BN

Quote from: Tony on August 28, 2015, 06:31:09 PM
Every NXWM bus has an inspection every 28 days, as do every other responsible operator's vehicles, unless they do them even more regularly. The inspection involves 'everything' not just mechanical and every defect found on the 28 day inspection is fixed before the bus is used again. There is no 'fit for service' comments put on an inspection sheet like there can be on a driver's VCR.

For instance one of the Mercedes that were withdrawn this week were because the floor was not level any more and Mercedes do not get any money spent on them any more.

One of the problems found at GRS by the DVSA was there was no records of these 28 day inspections. The Inspector didn't say they hadn't been done, but that he had no proof they had been done. That shows you how important these are.

I am sure if something was rubbing on the underneath or the chassis was breaking this would be identified

There is also guidelines that can reduce the time on inspections due to mileage. You will find some Nat Ex operators will do the coaches on 21 or 14 days as they will run upto 500000kms annually.

Driver03

Quote from: Tony on August 28, 2015, 06:31:09 PM

@Tony completely agree on all points made. They are VIRs if I'm not mistaken.

Liberator9

@Tony  and @Driver03 are completely right - NX buses are subject to high standards of maintenance. Case in point was 1914 - had it a few months ago and found the suspension was clunking at times rather unhealthily. However within two weeks I rode it again and suspension had clearly been attended to as no clunks and was very smooth again. Very sure that B7RLE will have whatever that sound was attended to very soon - drivers check the vehicles before they go out on the first run anyway and they won't go out unless the bus is perfectly fit for service.

Stevo

I'm wondering if some of you don't realise that arrifirststage had his tongue firmly in his cheek. The trouble with posting on the internet is that you can't hear tone of voice or see a glint in an eye.

Ashley 60171

The noise from under the floor I was referring to I can't find anything to use as a similarity but surely to god a 3 and a half year old bus shouldn't have a chassis that creaks and squeaks non stop, nor should there be any knocking noises. They come from somewhere around the rear axle. 2063 has also adorned a tipp ex todger on the back seat since last year.

2009 also has the knocking noise

2017, 2065, 2067, 2068 also have squeaking chassis

Theres one (2005 I think) where the offside destination display hasn't been sealed against the window so it knocks quite loudly against it.

2007, 2028 - most known for faulty door mechanisms that bang open and shut. On Metros and Tridents fair enough.

2006, 2014, 2021 - big CCTV screens still haven't been connected to the pods and are still showing the Sam error message aeons later.

2019 - windows must have been taken from Mercs and cut down to size as they're flimsy as anything.

Apart from the fact that the entire batch rattle like hell and have had their power strangled by tree huggers then they're lovely but I'd still much rather have the Excels back tomorrow.

Just to be clear I am not slating anybody here. But it would seem as though I'm the only one persecuted for having a novice opinion and I apologise if people disagree with those. But if you can no longer query what you feel to be an abnormality then what sort of looney bin do I need to check into?

I'm sorry, goodnight.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk