News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Wolverhampton Garage

Started by Trident 4609, July 21, 2013, 10:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4194

Fine I have to obey sir wins tons rules now, so I shall copy the same thing I've just posted!!
844 I think replaced 4001 which kept having the bell going off at every corner( on 82)
598 was on the 32/33!!

winston

Quote from: Trident 4194 on May 28, 2015, 04:54:45 PM
844 I think replaced 4001 which kept having the bell going off at every corner( on 82)
598 was on the 32/33!!

@Trident 4194 the rules have been in place for months!!!

Other Walsall Tony

I hope this is not OT!

There was a letter in the E&S regarding Senior passes in Staffordshire. According to the Staffs county website, their passes are valid any time within the County. Does this cause problems on the 54 and 154 before 9.30AM?
Tony

Cheese

Quote from: Other Walsall Tony on May 29, 2015, 09:15:35 AM
I hope this is not OT!

There was a letter in the E&S regarding Senior passes in Staffordshire. According to the Staffs county website, their passes are valid any time within the County. Does this cause problems on the 54 and 154 before 9.30AM?

It shouldn't do as notices are provided I believe regarding acceptance of passes,  although there have been issues in the past in Codsall and Wombourne.

Trident 4609

My photo of 244 on the 59.

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/trident_4609/17613640793/

4318 is already in service at WN, on a peak time extra 54.

Ashley 60171

Quote from: wilmotm (Matt Wilmot) on May 27, 2015, 04:06:57 PM
Thought I'd catch a few of the more endangered species for one last time, here are my reviews from today including 4004

1407 on the 69 very warm and comfortable, quick but with quite a lot of body rattle, extremely loud retarder and squeaky brakes, classic old Volvo

4004 33 externally not the worst Spectra by a long way, internally again not bad, all cushions matching pattern though some have obviously been replaced, almost silent on idle, no rattles especially compared to a lot of Tridents, even on the move only rattles coming from staircase panels, engine seemed fairly smooth with reasonable power, and suspension excellent but the noise of the brakes, deafening, enjoy retirement 4004

598 internally amazing, all matching, extremely well padded seats, fairly quick of the line as well, hardly any rattles on idle though rear axle does crash around at speed, exhaust blowing just a little to add that extra character, slight squeak on braking and a very noisy handbrake and driver looked extremely cramped in the cab but all in all an excellent bus, absolute credit to Volvo, Wright and NXWM

586 again smart, especially externally with front end repaint but very different to 598, loud and very heavy rattle on idle, all windows shaking past buggy bay, very noisy rear axle and felt far more sluggish, making the traffic on the 11 because of road works just off Park Lane particularly annoying

@wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

The rattles on 586 used to be plentiful. The only rattles I could hear today were the side roller blinds moving about and the normal rear end rattles. Also, the rear window has been replaced in the last month as it used to be an opening emergency exit, was it vandalised or just replaced?

598. My observation and memory skills aren't up much cop at the moment but I believe it's the only one with emergency escape hammers (stand to be corrected). Were these a Pensnett or Park Lane addition?

Tony

4322 put its first appearance in service in Birmingham for several years looking quite smart. Probably be the last trident painted for 6 months, although odd really tatty ones might sneak through if required
http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/4225-4474/4322.html

Trident 4609

Quote from: Tony on May 29, 2015, 07:34:29 PM
4322 put its first appearance in service in Birmingham for several years looking quite smart. Probably be the last trident painted for 6 months, although odd really tatty ones might sneak through if required
http://wmbusphotos.com/NXWM/4225-4474/4322.html

WN's 4550 and 4551 (The latter especially) spring to mind!

the trainbasher

I don't get why NXWM didn't put 4322 in the new livery upon its transfer from Cv? Surely it'd save painting it again in the future

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Ashley 60171

4138 on the 3 - 1111 off Castlecroft

Edit

Its on a late board. 1952 and 2252 from Castlecroft

All Saturday late 3's and 4's are on 3 running boards if of interest

don

Quote from: the trainbasher on May 30, 2015, 01:03:55 AM
I don't get why NXWM didn't put 4322 in the new livery upon its transfer from Cv? Surely it'd save painting it again in the future

I would guess there are several reasons some of which may be:-

1) the Crimson is being introduced on a route by route basis.
2) possibly all vehicles up to 4350 ish would be due for replacement in the next three years or so owing to new vehicle investment.
3) the Crimson and platinum are more than new liveries - they are a new brand - painting elderly Tridents in crimson would surely be counter productive and would devalue the brand

However 4322 looks brilliant in the photo. The standard livery in good condition still looks good (although the Crimson repaint of 4799 is stunning).
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Kevin

4020 is on the 4, just coming into city centre bound for Spring Hill now
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

domino.99

4537 on WN1, seen on snow hill @ 16:08

domino.99

Can anyone tell me what bus is on the 17:45 81 ex Merry Hill please.

Trident 4609

Something worthy to note today is that 5 out of 6 buses on the 59 today are Tridents with only 1 hybrid. Its usually fully or majority hybrid operated on a Sunday.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk