News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Wolverhampton Garage

Started by Trident 4609, July 21, 2013, 10:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris2301

The 16.15 departure from Stafford to Wolverhampton has around 20 people on departure nice healthy loading

Trident 4609

Unbranded E200 848 filling on the 54.  Seen in Wolverhampton Bus Station at 17:04.

4002 on the 59 as a change bus for 4568 which had a little prang with a car this morning.

4559 on the 1.  Seen on Pipers Row at 17:09 going towards Dudley

4554 on the 4.

These are workings that I feel are still noteworthy but aren't particularly rare.

Bob

Quote from: Chris2301 on May 18, 2015, 04:34:48 PM
The 16.15 departure from Stafford to Wolverhampton has around 20 people on departure nice healthy loading

It depends how many were pensioners lol.

The 154 isnt picking up. There's a sealed timetable unit at the stop at cannock bus station which has Arriva and Select in it so theres surely absolutely no excuse for there not being a 154 one!

Trident 4609

Quote from: Bob on May 18, 2015, 10:04:10 PM

The 154 isnt picking up. There's a sealed timetable unit at the stop at cannock bus station which has Arriva and Select in it so theres surely absolutely no excuse for there not being a 154 one!

Actually, you'd be surprised how many are not pensioners. Many are students. The service has really taken off.

Chris2301

Quote from: Bob on May 18, 2015, 10:04:10 PM

4 pensions rest students. Pendeford business the 54 left full and standing to Wolverhampton. I will try the 154 on thursday

Chris2301

Quote from: Nathan on May 18, 2015, 10:08:34 PM
Actually, you'd be surprised how many are not pensioners.

Your right there @Nathan i believe nx 54 is picking up nicely. i will report the loading on full 154 journey thursday. The pensioners weresay how nice and clean the buses were and how the WN drivers were polite

Trident 4609

Quote from: Chris2301 on May 18, 2015, 10:11:04 PM
Your right there @Nathan i believe nx 54 is picking up nicely. i will report the loading on full 154 journey thursday. The pensioners weresay how nice and clean the buses were and how the WN drivers were polite

Many of the drivers have been giving leaflets out to curious passengers at bus stops along the route who i presume are waiting for the 70.

Bob

Lets hope arriva feel the pressure then theyve had a monopoly too long!  Maybe the54 actually will kill off the 76 then!

Chris2301

Quote from: Bob on May 18, 2015, 10:27:46 PM
Lets hope arriva feel the pressure then theyve had a monopoly too long!  Maybe the54 actually will kill off the 76 then!

Its cheaper to go to Stafford by NX as its £4.20 daysaver whilst its £6.50 on Arriva but with Arriva you can go near enough Wales but infrequent service is a draw back. Whilst with nx you can get to Lemington Spa on the bus from Stafford but that would be at least a 4 hour bus ride ish

The Fox 4846

Personally I think the 154 might be withdrawn and the buses from that could make the 54 every 30 mins or replace some B6's, I mean it doesn't look like the 154 is getting any healthy loadings
33 Asda Queslett via Perry Barr, Kingstanding, Pheasey
7 Sutton Coldfield via Witton, Perry Common, Boldmere

Bob

With the right promotional work the 154 could be a hit!

mranon

nx need to push the 154. i had a ride on it myself yesterday, and a very annoyed couple who missed the 70 were talking to the driver explaining they thought the 70 is running early trying to beat nx. arriva must be worried as they tieing up posters to every stop on both the 10/54/154 routes.

maybe an idea would be to knock the hednesford bit off. info needs to be put up at the stops asap. i think the original 54 to bilbrook was a success more due to the drivers on there telling passengers. maybe nx could try a non i54 wolves to cannock service (extend 11 maybe)

i also wonder whether there is a need for every trip to serve pendeford business park as the amount of buses going in and out of there is rediculous. at night its just pointless

Tony

Quote from: mranon on May 19, 2015, 08:11:29 AM
nx need to push the 154. i had a ride on it myself yesterday, and a very annoyed couple who missed the 70 were talking to the driver explaining they thought the 70 is running early trying to beat nx. arriva must be worried as they tieing up posters to every stop on both the 10/54/154 routes.

maybe an idea would be to knock the hednesford bit off. info needs to be put up at the stops asap. i think the original 54 to bilbrook was a success more due to the drivers on there telling passengers. maybe nx could try a non i54 wolves to cannock service (extend 11 maybe)

i also wonder whether there is a need for every trip to serve pendeford business park as the amount of buses going in and out of there is rediculous. at night its just pointless

Nothing will happen to either route for a year. NX have the contract for 12 months and as one of the sponsors is the i54 they will all serve there.

arrifirststage

Quote from: Tony on May 19, 2015, 09:11:04 AM
Nothing will happen to either route for a year. NX have the contract for 12 months and as one of the sponsors is the i54 they will all serve there.

All this still seems to me to be completely wrong...........to talk about a route destroying another when one is commercial and one subsidised leaves a nasty taste in my mouth.
Allow the 54/154 to carry passengers only to and from the i54 I could understand,but otherwise.......

Tony

Quote from: arrifirststage on May 19, 2015, 09:58:07 AM
All this still seems to me to be completely wrong...........to talk about a route destroying another when one is commercial and one subsidised leaves a nasty taste in my mouth.
Allow the 54/154 to carry passengers only to and from the i54 I could understand,but otherwise.......

When it was put out to tender, the 54 was a completely diiferent route to the 76 with the 76 then being a quicker, direct service between Wolverhampton & Stafford. It is Arriva themselves that have slowed the 76 down with various diversions and even timetabled the 76 to be three minutes behind the 54 between Penkridge & Stafford after the tender was awarded.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk