News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Wolverhampton Garage

Started by Trident 4609, July 21, 2013, 10:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

P419 EJW

Bob

Just spotted it on their fb page as well.  There were loads of complaints re the 74. Its true what people were saying about people standing on stairs etc due to the deckers struggling to cope.  Least theyve seen sense. Im on 154 now just left cannock nobody got on at the bus station sadly. Are they just going to hope for word of mouth with this route? As I say no timetables on any bus station/stop so you wouldn't know it was there!

Quote from: Chris2301 on May 01, 2015, 10:29:58 PM
Arriva have the 68/70 (2 to 3 buses an hour) to Wolverhampton how can they be scared of national express 154 once an hour. though arriva doesn't seem invest in these routes normally get darts/various wright volvo vehicles. Whilst nx put on e200 64 plates. I would rather get the nx 154/54 as their vehicles are cleaner, more modern and probably more reliable than arriva. only time will tell what will happen but i believe the 54 is here to stay, the 154 needs more publicly in cannock and Hednesford areas
They ought to be scared, there's probably more chances of NX being on time and more to the point actually turning up!
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

Westy

Quote from: Bob on May 01, 2015, 10:21:10 PM
Interestingly the driver of a 154 at cannock on Wednesday said there was a timetable put in stand 1 at cannock bus station,  but arriva drivers had took it down.  Wonder if there's any truth in that.....

Who owns the bus station? Arriva or Staffs County Council?

If it's Staffs CC, surely they have the final say, not Arriva.

Is there any National Express stickers on bus stops in the Staffordshire area?

D10

Quote from: Westy on May 02, 2015, 01:24:06 PM
Who owns the bus station? Arriva or Staffs County Council?

If it's Staffs CC, surely they have the final say, not Arriva.

Is there any National Express stickers on bus stops in the Staffordshire area?

I believe it is Cannock Chase District Council who run the bus station, so hopefully they can arrange a timetable board that is vandal proof.

Bob

There is a timetable board with casing ! Showing the arriva timetable and select. But no nx. The nx one that was allegedly there was just stuck to the perspex, like arriva do with the odd poster.

Bob

Interestingly when we got to hollybush there was an inbound 154 with a 70 hot on its heels,  the 154 had more passengers on board!  That said it only had about eight in total. 

Oozells

Are the 54 and 154 £3 the whole length or is that just outside the West Midlands county? Can the Black Country travelcards be used within WM?

Chris2301

£3 is full flat fare to any stop after wm boundary. Black country  faresaver valid til coven i think on 54 and whole 154

domino.99

Quote from: Chris2301 on May 03, 2015, 02:26:59 PM
£3 is full flat fare to any stop after wm boundary. Black country  faresaver valid til coven i think on 54 and whole 154

Only regionals are valid on the full route, and daysavers :)

Trident 4609

Quote from: NXDom on May 03, 2015, 02:38:29 PM
Only regionals are valid on the full route, and daysavers :)

Black Country passes are valid on the full 154 to Hednesfield but ONLY to Coven on the 54.

Regional Passes and daysavers are valid on both the 54/154 througout.

Westy

Shame the Faresavers couldn't be just valid to Penkridge.

How far is Coven from the terminus used for the 3 service, as they could've terminated the Fordhouses route at Coven years ago?

Dunno why they have to be so strict with a terminus, because of a county boundary.

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Westy on May 03, 2015, 06:28:39 PM

How far is Coven from the terminus used for the 3 service, as they could've terminated the Fordhouses route at Coven years ago?

Dunno why they have to be so strict with a terminus, because of a county boundary.

Coven and Fordhouses are about five minutes apart on the bus, probably 20 - 30 minutes on foot. I did think the same thing but there's barely enough demand for the 3 services that go there now

Chris2301

Quote from: Westy on May 03, 2015, 06:28:39 PM

covens about 5 mins drive from 3 terminus, pass m54 island straight up a449 to a double roundabout . straight over first roundabout and then first exit on the second

domino.99

Is there a diversion in perton on the 10 today, due to perton carnival?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk