News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Wolverhampton Garage

Started by Trident 4609, July 21, 2013, 10:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on April 29, 2015, 08:39:58 PM
"Killed" is a tad over exaggerated. Just a case of the minority of undesirables. On a different note, the 11 doesn't warrant a 7/8 minute frequency, not when you've got Travel Express as well.

It makes you wonder where all the passengers come from on that route.

Am surprised that nobody has ever tried competition on the 59?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

domino.99

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on April 29, 2015, 08:49:28 PM

Diamond did a few years ago, there USP was that it went on the hospital grounds.

D10

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on April 29, 2015, 08:49:28 PM

I think Diamond had a go on the 59 a couple of years back?

Stuharris 6360

thanks @NXDom @D10 have to say i don't remember that. as i said before, with all the competition on other routes in Wolverhampton, am surprised that Diamond didn't get the 59 to work?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

domino.99

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on April 29, 2015, 09:00:50 PM
thanks @NXDom @D10 have to say i don't remember that. as i said before, with all the competition on other routes in Wolverhampton, am surprised that Diamond didn't get the 59 to work?

I can't remember 100% what the reason was to be honest mate.

Bob

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on April 29, 2015, 08:31:06 PM
The 11 gets a few minutes layover down at Underhill but not a place you'd want to stay for any longer than that unless you live there

Is Underhill an actual name of a suburb or a street name?  Ive always wondered where it is exactly.  I know the general areas a bit dog rough. .

NXWM Spectra

One of the main problems was that many passengers had NXWM passes or bought NXWM Daysavers so Diamond weren't very popular. Getting people to change from routine isn't easy. The route between Wednesfield and Wolverhampton had buses so frequently it was stupid. If Diamond were to timetable their buses two minutes in front of a NXWM bus, they would be two minutes behind another NXWM bus so they were never going to win or even make a small amount of money. (Although I don't know figures, they would have most likely stayed on the route if it made a decent profit.)

Trident 4609

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on April 29, 2015, 09:00:50 PM

Think this is where I come in ;)

Diamond ran from May 2011-26th October 2012. Started every 6 minutes Mon-Sat then every 10 on Sundays (Very similar concept to the 301 where they flood the route with too many buses!) Started with B7RLE's on loan from Redditch (Ironically this batch are now at Tividale). In Jan 2012, they split it up to the 59 (Every 15 in the Week and Every Hour on Sundays which was pointless as NX were every 8-9 mins on Sundays) and 59H which served New Cross Hospital (Every 30 mins Mon-Sat). This is where they started using MPD's and Solo's. Mostly Pensioners who used the 59H (As it replaced the link from the Ashmore Park loop to New Cross Grounds lost by the 28)

Diamond introduced a service but NX fought back by putting out a promotional return and an extra bus. Problem is many on the route have Travel cards. Infact, many will let the 69/89 past to waitfor a 59 (Towards City) and that's the same company! The Lichfield Road/Wednesfield Road corridor has an adequate number of buses serving it (11 per hour from the 59, 4 from the 69/89 combined then 1 an hour off the 68). You also have 2 an hour up till New Cross on the 28 (NX also)

Maybe Arriva will try to flood the route with buses?

@Bob, estate name is Underhill, Suburb name is Fallings Park (which incorperates part of Long Knowle and Bush bury also)

And for the record, its not as bad as everyone suggests. Everyone assumes trouble at the sight of teenagers!

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Bob on April 29, 2015, 09:19:59 PM
Is Underhill an actual name of a suburb or a street name?  Ive always wondered where it is exactly.  I know the general areas a bit dog rough. .

Its the name of an estate just off the Cannock Road. It's the last bit of Wolvertrampton before crossing the border at Westcroft

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Nathan on April 29, 2015, 09:44:09 PM
Think this is where I come in ;)

Diamond introduced a service but NX fought back by putting out a promotional return and an extra bus. Problem is many on the route have Travel cards. Infact, many will let the 69/89 past to waitfor a 59 (Towards City) and that's the same company! The Lichfield Road/Wednesfield Road corridor has an adequate number of buses serving it (11 per hour from the 59, 4 from the 69/89 combined then 1 an hour off the 68). You also have 2 an hour up till New Cross on the 28 (NX also)

Maybe Arriva will try to flood the route with buses?

Thanks @Nathan surprised that the 1 or is it 501 that travel express run and the 11 also operated by them make any money. I would have thought those routes had less patronage than the 59!

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on April 29, 2015, 09:49:40 PM
Thanks @Nathan surprised that the 1 or is it 501 that travel express run and the 11 also operated by them make any money. I would have thought those routes had less patronage than the 59!

Travel Express offer cheaper single, return and weekly tickets compared to NX which is their USP

Trident 4609

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on April 29, 2015, 09:49:40 PM

On those routes, many buy tickets so catch the first one that comes along!

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on April 29, 2015, 09:52:53 PM
Travel Express offer cheaper single, return and weekly tickets compared to NX which is their USP
[/b]

Well its certainly not there buses.  ;D ;D ;D

WMT3000

Quote from: Nathan on April 29, 2015, 07:06:47 PM
@WMT3000 the hybrid you saw on the 126 is a hybrid on a regular basis.

An unbranded hybrid quite regularly be allocated to 1/02 in the morning which goes back to garage about 10am. This then gets allocated to 126/22 which does the 785 school service then late night 126's. Technically should be a Trident though as thats what's booked but thought I'd let you know :)
Cheers nathan. To be honest it's the first time I've seen a hybrid on the 126 myself so wasn't 100% sure whether or not it was a regular occurrence. I thought they might be less unusual in the evening although in the past they've always eluded me! I'm keen to get a few more photos of hybrids on there before the 126 gets new buses so the info's very useful, thanks. I'll check this board from now on on the off chance if I'm in town at the right time. :)

mranon

arriva tried with the 560 replacement (extended 19 service) but only the odd few used it along the section of route between peacock avenue and wolverhampton bus station

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk