News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Wolverhampton Garage

Started by Trident 4609, July 21, 2013, 10:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NXWM Spectra

Quote from: ARJ2901 on December 16, 2014, 09:39:45 PM
Quote from: 4006 on December 16, 2014, 08:58:58 PM
The extra 10mins to be added on after the changes on the afternoon 82's will help but will it be enough?
The major problem with the 82 and routes like it they get ignored and are left 'to run' it seams everybody is too busy concentrating on high frequency services like the 59, 1 and 126. Surely priority should be for less frequent services like the 81,82,25,27,28? for example. I feel especially sorry for passengers who use the 27 if a bus goes missing they have to wait an hour. These wingers who have to wait 15mins for a 1 or 59...Stop complaining!!!  :P :P :P

The 28's fairly reliable, as i have to get it from New Invention to my nans and as a back up for getting to school, should the 25 not turn up (which it doesn't do too often, thankfully)
The 25's reliability is alright, but it never shows up on time, normally 1/2 mins early or late
I agree that too much focus is placed on the 59, as it does not warrant a 4 minute frequency and could be reduced in frequency slightly, to about every 7 mins, same as the 529, and the freed up buses could be used elsewhere, and i can think of two people i know who will disagree till they're blue in the face that i'm wrong

You're wrong on this one. It would be ridiculous to consider reducing the frequency on the 59 at peaks or during the day. Full up with students at peaks and by old fogies during the day.

Trident 4609

The 59 is not every 4 mins at any part of the day! Every 5 in the peak and Every 6 off peak.Tbh, there are always buses running left right and centre and gets nowhere near the attention that the inspectors give to the 1 and 126's. If anything the 59 needs an extra bus at peak times (On top of the extra one that comes out in the afternoom) You obviously don't monitor the 59 closely.....

As mentioned, Even in the day the Tridents get busy.

Can i ask what is meant by routes 'getting more attention'?

Alex

Quote from: Nathan on December 16, 2014, 09:50:45 PM
The 59 is not every 4 mins! Tbh, there are always buses running left right and centre and gets nowhere near the attention that the inspectors give to the 1 and 126's. If anything, the 59 needs an extra bus at peak times! You obviously don't monitor the 59 closely.....

The 1 got brand new Hybrids, the 126 is probably getting new E400MMC's next year, and i bet you it won't be too long before the 59 gets some form of upgrade, even if it is only a slight one from some form of cascaded buses in the coming years
Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

My YouTube channel: Alex Jones

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjxo69BfENu3fiWuzCNYyg

Westy

Isnt Ashmore Park where Twm's former public relations supremo & local councilior Phil Bateman lives?

I wouldnt like to put 2 & 2 together but.....

Tara4352

I would have thought inspectors  should treat each route fairly do they get the same amount of attention

Trident 4609

Quote from: ARJ2901 on December 16, 2014, 09:57:54 PM
Quote from: Nathan on December 16, 2014, 09:50:45 PM
The 59 is not every 4 mins! Tbh, there are always buses running left right and centre and gets nowhere near the attention that the inspectors give to the 1 and 126's. If anything, the 59 needs an extra bus at peak times! You obviously don't monitor the 59 closely.....

The 1 got brand new Hybrids, the 126 is probably getting new E400MMC's next year, and i bet you it won't be too long before the 59 gets some form of upgrade, even if it is only a slight one from some form of cascaded buses in the coming years

Well less frequent services such as the 28, 27/A and 81 are operating with the newest buses in garage so those services are getting attention so aren't gettimg neglected when it comes to vehicles
Quote from: Westy on December 16, 2014, 09:59:39 PM
Isnt Ashmore Park where Twm's former public relations supremo & local councilior Phil Bateman lives?

I wouldnt like to put 2 & 2 together but.....

Hence why the old 559/60 corridor became a 'premier' status corridor back in 2001

Tara4352

Quote from: Nathan on December 16, 2014, 10:04:00 PM
Well less frequent services such as the 28, 27/A and 81 are operating with the newest buses in garage so those services are getting attention.
And the b7 b6 merc spectra and tridents operate the 59 at some point

Stuharris 6360

I agree with Nathan, i have been in Wolverhampton Bus Station during the day watching and have been on the 59 numerous times. The buses always have healthy loadings, so why reduct the frequency when they obviously make money or NE would have cut the frequency anyway.

Inspectors "should" give all services the same priority, except on routes where the service frequency is quite low. if a journey is cancelled when the frequency is only every hour, it has a greater effect on passengers than cancelling a 59 or 1 or 126.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Alex

Alright, alright, i concede, it's futile arguing with everyone, so i take back my opinion forthwith, you all win, rest of the forum-1, me-0
Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

My YouTube channel: Alex Jones

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjxo69BfENu3fiWuzCNYyg

Trident 4609

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on December 16, 2014, 10:08:19 PM
I agree with Nathan, i have been in Wolverhampton Bus Station during the day watching and have been on the 59 numerous times. The buses always have healthy loadings, so why reduct the frequency when they obviously make money or NE would have cut the frequency anyway.

Inspectors "should" give all services the same priority, except on routes where the service frequency is quite low. if a journey is cancelled when the frequency is only every hour, it has a greater effect on passengers than cancelling a 59 or 1 or 126.

And buses are regulary taken off the 59 (being the most frequent route at WN) to replace a breakdown (or whatever circumstance for a bus being taken off) on a less frequent service.

Quote from: ARJ2901 on December 16, 2014, 10:10:27 PM
Alright, alright, i concede, it's futile arguing with everyone, so i take back my opinion forthwith, you all win, rest of the forum-1, me-0

Don't worry, nobody is arguing :) Its just provoked a discussion which is what the forum is for

Trident 4609

Does anybody know what has happened to 4002 and 4018? Both haven't been seen for a long time?

A driver did tell me that he saw 4002 in garage but he failed to specify whether it was having repairs or whether it was parked up at the back of the yard?

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Nathan on December 16, 2014, 10:41:54 PM
Can i ask why my last message was deleted? ::)

Lets start again, Does anybody know what has happened to 4002 and 4018? Both haven't been seen for a long time?

A driver did tell me that he saw 4002 in garage but he failed to specify whether it was having repairs or whether it was parked up at the back of the yard.

and mine?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Ashley

The extra 10mins to be added on after the changes on the afternoon 82's will help but will it be enough?
The major problem with the 82 and routes like it they get ignored and are left 'to run' it seams everybody is too busy concentrating on high frequency services like the 59, 1 and 126. Surely priority should be for less frequent services like the 81,82,25,27,28? for example. I feel especially sorry for passengers who use the 27 if a bus goes missing they have to wait an hour. These wingers who have to wait 15mins for a 1 or 59...Stop complaining!!!  :P :P :P

The last sentence sums up the entire discussion. Like I said earlier, we live in a major urban conurbation with some of the best public transport in the country, not the desert or mountains plus the people who are moaning live on frequent services or have close proximity to them at least and that really gets me irritated, because it seems as a society people are increasingly impatient, lazy, pedantic, ungrateful and its always the bus drivers fault (that last one isn't aimed at bus enthusiasts). In a nutshell, if it doesn't turn up, wait and dont moan or make alternative travel arrangements and plan for events such as thus. That's all...

Nathan I think I saw 4018 one day last week

Tony

Quote from: Ashley on December 16, 2014, 11:18:27 PM

The last sentence sums up the entire discussion. Like I said earlier, we live in a major urban conurbation with some of the best public transport in the country, not the desert or mountains plus the people who are moaning live on frequent services or have close proximity to them at least and that really gets me irritated, because it seems as a society people are increasingly impatient, lazy, pedantic, ungrateful and its always the bus drivers fault (that last one isn't aimed at bus enthusiasts). In a nutshell, if it doesn't turn up, wait and dont moan or make alternative travel arrangements and plan for events such as thus. That's all...

Nathan I think I saw 4018 one day last week

4018 & 4019 haven't moved for some time

domino.99

I was told 4019 had been withdrawn so has the same happened to 4018?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk