News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Wolverhampton Garage

Started by Trident 4609, July 21, 2013, 10:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndrewLee

Yes 5514 parked on the pumps this morning with the Black Country lettering removed - hope BC aren't losing 5409 it's the best in the fleet!!

Mike K

Quote from: AndrewLee on July 06, 2014, 09:25:04 AM
Yes 5514 parked on the pumps this morning with the Black Country lettering removed - hope BC aren't losing 5409 it's the best in the fleet!!

They're losing all of 5401-09, with 5510-18 coming in exchange.

AndrewLee

Oh no - shame they didn't do it the other way round don't much like the volvo hybrids.

Tony

Quote from: AndrewLee on July 06, 2014, 09:52:36 AM
Oh no - shame they didn't do it the other way round don't much like the volvo hybrids.

Couldn't do it the other way - numbers don't match

Trident 4609

Quote from: Andrew on July 06, 2014, 09:10:08 AM
They'll be missed by me, i'm stuck with buses with hard seats, less legroom and more rattles than a rattle snake now.

5511 still here, its on the 59

5511 and 5512 are hanging on in service at WN on 59's Will be out on late nights

Tony

Only 5510/13/14/18 swopping with 5401/3/7/9 today

Trident 4609

Quote from: Tony on July 06, 2014, 10:43:31 AM
Only 5510/13/14/18 swopping with 5401/3/7/9 today

A couple of E400H's were sighted heading through W'ton this morning

CL

Such a shame. I'm actually unsure of my experience with the Hybrid Buses altogether... I have my Pros and Cons to both Vehicles. The E400H has better seating & capacity, but I think the B5s lighting is better. Also, the seating on both vehicles have so much differences. Granted, the B5 has a lower seating capacity, but the seats are by far softer than those rock hard seats embedded into the plastic body - might as well have replaced them with cardboard...
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Sh4318

I can't say I'm interested the least bit in the Hybrids, I think the B5s are quite decent, they have a nice engine sound. Haven't really got much of an opinion on the E400Hs
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

nitromatt1

Quote from: clayderman on July 06, 2014, 06:23:23 PM
Such a shame. I'm actually unsure of my experience with the Hybrid Buses altogether... I have my Pros and Cons to both Vehicles. The E400H has better seating & capacity, but I think the B5s lighting is better. Also, the seating on both vehicles have so much differences. Granted, the B5 has a lower seating capacity, but the seats are by far softer than those rock hard seats embedded into the plastic body - might as well have replaced them with cardboard...

The only harder seats on the Enviros are the ones above the wheel arches and the front right pair upstairs, the rest are more comfortable.

Mike K

Quote from: Matt on July 06, 2014, 06:28:08 PM
Quote from: clayderman on July 06, 2014, 06:23:23 PM

The only harder seats on the Enviros are the ones above the wheel arches and the front right pair upstairs, the rest are more comfortable.

Yes those seats aren't good. Combined with the hard suspension, when you hit a pothole it's like going over a land mine.

domino.99

Managed to get a final ride on a WN b5 today. In all honesty I don't know what I prefer I kind of like b5s but never really enjoy having long journeys on them for example when I did the whole 1 on a b5 but the e400h might as well be normal e400 but with a different pain job, seat covers and a new engine, there is hardly any differances between normall e400s and the hybrid counterpart. Just pointing this out but aren't they going to have to reprogram the audio stops for example the b5s going towards brimingham colmore row you randomly hear 'your next is Wolverhampton Grand Theatre'

BN

Quote from: NXDom on July 06, 2014, 06:38:34 PM
Managed to get a final ride on a WN b5 today. In all honesty I don't know what I prefer I kind of like b5s but never really enjoy having long journeys on them for example when I did the whole 1 on a b5 but the e400h might as well be normal e400 but with a different pain job, seat covers and a new engine, there is hardly any differances between normall e400s and the hybrid counterpart. Just pointing this out but aren't they going to have to reprogram the audio stops for example the b5s going towards brimingham colmore row you randomly hear 'your next is Wolverhampton Grand Theatre'

A final ride? There is still 5 in the depot and will be booked out tomorrow.

domino.99

Quote from: BN on July 06, 2014, 08:06:28 PM
Quote from: NXDom on July 06, 2014, 06:38:34 PM

A final ride? There is still 5 in the depot and will be booked out tomorrow.
Yeah but i've got school and a crap ton of coursework to get done so by the time i'm done they will most likely be gone.

AndrewLee

The gear change is horrid on the Volvos and also when you're trying to get out onto five ways Island and cars are coming at you they decide they want to start the engine and there's massive lag in getting going. The  54**'s  are excellent , particularly 5409. Fast and smooth...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk