News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

How to waste a Dennis Trident :(

Started by BU07 LGO, July 14, 2013, 12:20:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BU07 LGO

nitromatt1

That's a V-KGW Trident, one of the heaps that Green Bus were selling a while back. Many of them were too far beyond repair to be used in service again or to even move, hence it being used for this

Stu

You say its a waste, but I disagree. It may no longer be out in service, but is providing a different kind of use.

Better than being turned into cat food tins anyway.  ::)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Liverpool Street

Dennis Tridents getting turned into this? It was only a few years ago when these things were new. Oh how times change.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Sh4318

Couldn't they have used a Metrobus instead  ???
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

nitromatt1

Quote from: Sh4166 on July 14, 2013, 10:20:02 PM

No! If this was a waste of Trident, using a Metrobus would be 10 times as bad

Sh4318

Quote from: nitromatt1 on July 14, 2013, 10:21:51 PM

I fail to see how using a Metrobus instead of a Trident could be an inconvenience. Several ex Metrobuses are used for recreational purposes by Connexions
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

BU07 LGO

I just think surely it was fit for some further service if it has survived London use for all its life, maybe its not the most reliable or the fastest but they cant be that bad?

nitromatt1

Quote from: Sh4166 on July 14, 2013, 10:25:05 PM

I fail to see how using a Metrobus instead of a Trident could be an inconvenience. Several ex Metrobuses are used for recreational purposes by Connexions

My personal opinion. It makes me sad to see Metrobuses de-engined etc for things like mobile classrooms, cafes and so on, whereas a Trident is just another Trident

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

My old Primary school had the same idea a few months ago, Pictures and links here

http://jessonsblog1.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/a-new-arrival.html

This ex London Trident cost about £8,000 I think but was fully road worthy, and spent a while at Dudley Council's Lister road being prepared and was driven into place

notepanel

Much the same as within the passenger transport industry, I'm sure the schools will be having to ensure that the 'classroom' is disability friendly.

nitromatt1

Quote from: notepanel on July 14, 2013, 11:07:13 PM

Much the same as within the passenger transport industry, I'm sure the schools will be having to ensure that the 'classroom' is disability friendly.

Haha! What will be next, a STOP button to shut the teacher up? ;D

Today's today will be forgotten until it becomes yesterdays today then it will be remembered with fondness. As I have posted before I remember my Dad saying (among many others) Them Metrobuses are cheep modern new fangled rubbish & have no character, they won't last five minutes and no-one will miss them!!
I find myself saying the same thing about Tridents....Gosh how old am I?
It's funny how at rally's the older enthusiasts gaup at AEC's Bristol's & Daimlers whereas myself and folks still feel the nostalgia of Metro's Fleetlines and Nationals
The new crew (i.e from the 4609 & Nitromat era) will no doubt be reveling in preserved Trident's & Gemmini's chatting among themselves 'I remember catching that on a rare working' lol each to their own I guess but no matter we all have something in common, strange though it may be
BUSES!!!  ;D
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: 4006 on August 20, 2013, 07:04:50 PM
Today's today will be forgotten until it becomes yesterdays today then it will be remembered with fondness. As I have posted before I remember my Dad saying (among many others) Them Metrobuses are cheep modern new fangled rubbish & have no character, they won't last five minutes and no-one will miss them!!
I find myself saying the same thing about Tridents....Gosh how old am I?

A lot is to do with memory retention. Stop & think about it, how many times have you visited 'X' bus station or bashed 'Y' depot? Bet your cherished memories are of the first couple of visits (new experience etc registering in your memory) rather than your most recent ones (been there, done that). Hence why most of us hanker after stuff that was around during our childhood (or whenever your interest started).

Thus most things in blue & cream, or red (mainly Edgbaston products) tends to be revered by me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk