News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Dennis Lance Enthusiast Tour. Sunday 9th June.

Started by wmtlynx, June 01, 2013, 06:27:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: wmtlynx on June 14, 2013, 07:58:02 PM
Quote from: fleetline6477 on June 14, 2013, 06:11:02 PM
Approx how many people went on the Lance Tour - only in all the photos there seems a distinct lack of people!!

16 in total this time. We had 22 of us on the previous tour.

I would imagine the reason it looks empty in the photographs is because most of the photos were taken by people on the trip so would be off the bus when photographs were being taken.

Anyone interested in this sort of thing should be advised to keep Saturday 21st September free. There may be a nice event to attend on that day. I can say no more at the moment.

Kevin

Quote from: Tony on June 14, 2013, 08:21:59 PM
Quote from: wmtlynx on June 14, 2013, 07:58:02 PM
Quote from: fleetline6477 on June 14, 2013, 06:11:02 PM
Approx how many people went on the Lance Tour - only in all the photos there seems a distinct lack of people!!

16 in total this time. We had 22 of us on the previous tour.

I would imagine the reason it looks empty in the photographs is because most of the photos were taken by people on the trip so would be off the bus when photographs were being taken.

Anyone interested in this sort of thing should be advised to keep Saturday 21st September free. There may be a nice event to attend on that day. I can say no more at the moment.

Dammit, I'll be in a forest in deepest Gloucestershire with me scouts then...
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

nitromatt1

I came on but only had time for a short hop

I have always wanted to go on a Lynx! From video's I've watched on Youtube they sound great, and I've heard they're pretty nippy too. Count me in for any Lynx trip!

JackC

Quote from: Tony on June 14, 2013, 08:21:59 PM

May there be a certain 1950s double decker involved?

D10

Thanks  to the owners of 246 for taking it to Aldridge today. Had a nice trip up to the Chasewater Railway and back!  :)

nitromatt1

Any update on the Lynxes at all? Any plans for either to be MOT'ed?

wmtlynx

The situation with the Lynxes is that we tend to focus on restoration more than rallying.

We like to have a bus to play with each year which we decide in the spring time. We used 1292 in 2006 + 2007, 1142 in 2008+2009, 1292 in 2009-2012, and this year 246.

Technically it ought to be the turn of 1142 next year, if it's ready. We're attempting a very basic tart-up of the exterior for now, in between doing jobs on our main long-term project. A full 'every Sunday for the next ten years' restoration is needed on 1142, but for now the focus is on the short term to be able to get it in a condition where we can use it for another season.

PM

Quote from: wmtlynx on August 21, 2013, 11:06:37 PM
The situation with the Lynxes is that we tend to focus on restoration more than rallying.

We like to have a bus to play with each year which we decide in the spring time. We used 1292 in 2006 + 2007, 1142 in 2008+2009, 1292 in 2009-2012, and this year 246.

Technically it ought to be the turn of 1142 next year, if it's ready. We're attempting a very basic tart-up of the exterior for now, in between doing jobs on our main long-term project. A full 'every Sunday for the next ten years' restoration is needed on 1142, but for now the focus is on the short term to be able to get it in a condition where we can use it for another season.

Had a nice ride on 1142 at Bammot a few years ago-just really glad some lynxes have been preserved as they were my favourite buses by far-full old 35 route on a lynx running a bit late is one of my best bus rides ever. Can't wait and good luck with the restoration and fair play for restoring a couple :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk