News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Dennis Lance Enthusiast Tour. Sunday 9th June.

Started by wmtlynx, June 01, 2013, 06:27:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wmtlynx

Just to let people know we plan to do a Midland Red West territory tour on Sunday 9th June using Dennis Lance M246MRW. This is free, but kind donations towards the £175 fuel bill will be welcome! Tour is subject to the bus being fit for use on the day.

Itinerary will be as follows.

0900 Lichfield Bus Station (POSITIONING MOVE)
Then MRW territory!
1000 Birmingham, Smallbrook Queensway 146 Stand
1100 Kidderminster Town Hall
Photo stops at Bewdley, Clee Hill, Ludlow on request.
1300 Hereford Country Bus Station arrival.1400 depart.
1515 Worcester Cathedral
Photo stop at Stourport.
1615 Kidderminster
Photo stop at Bromsgrove on request.
1650 Lickey End
1730 Birmingham 146 Stand.
1815 Lichfield

ilovetea4370

Can you just turn up and go or do you need to confirm a space in advance?

wmtlynx

No need to book, just remember to let us know that you're getting on for the tour when you get on. :)

ilovetea4370

nitromatt1

Birmingham to Kidderminster in under an hour, good luck with that ;D which way will you go, straight down the A456?

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: nitromatt1 on June 01, 2013, 11:49:06 PM
Birmingham to Kidderminster in under an hour, good luck with that ;D which way will you go, straight down the A456?

Traffic conditions from Land Oak onwards permitting it's a piece of p!$$, no problem in doing it in under 40 mins - & there's no reason to mess about around Halesowen or Hagley either.

nitromatt1

Quote from: dave47549 (no longer NEL111P) on June 02, 2013, 12:23:46 PM

Traffic conditions from Land Oak onwards permitting it's a piece of p!$$, no problem in doing it in under 40 mins - & there's no reason to mess about around Halesowen or Hagley either.

In a car I suppose, but in a bus... but oh well  :P

winston

Quote from: nitromatt1 on June 02, 2013, 02:46:09 PM

Those Dennis Lance can shift when you want them too, I used to catch them back from a night out up Broad St when MRW did the 9N, they wer packed & the drivers often 'had the pedal to the metal'

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: nitromatt1 on June 02, 2013, 02:46:09 PM

It's been done in 38 minutes by a MAN/MCV on a 192. I've got the log somewhere but no questions, no pack drill  ;)

wmtlynx

18mph average speed from Brum to Kidderminster on a Sunday morning, going direct and non-stop doesn't seem that ambitious. If we arrive late in Kidderminster it won't be by much.

PM

Can you get on in Birmingham as opposed to from the start at Lichfield?

wmtlynx

Anyone is welcome to board / be dropped off at any "timing point" during the day. With doubt planted in my mind, I've checked the old MRW timings on the 192. M-F was 61 mins via Halesowen, stopping at bus stops, dealing with change and in slower buses. Sundays were 50 mins.

PM

Quote from: wmtlynx on June 02, 2013, 07:00:32 PM
Anyone is welcome to board / be dropped off at any "timing point" during the day. With doubt planted in my mind, I've checked the old MRW timings on the 192. M-F was 61 mins via Halesowen, stopping at bus stops, dealing with change and in slower buses. Sundays were 50 mins.

Cheers-I think its a great idea tbh and sounds fantastic just hope I can make it!

j789

Loved driving the Lances, doing a 144 in one was fun. My favourite was 67234 which was withdrawn a couple of years ago. Glad I got to drive 67254 earlier this year before it retired too.

nitromatt1

Sorry to be the stupid one, but I get all the Queensways in Birmingham mixed up... which one is Smallbrook Queensway, and where is the 146 stand?

I am very interested in coming as I have only ever been on one Lance (Green Bus 206) and loved it

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk