News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Round Trips

Started by JB93, May 22, 2013, 05:24:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the trainbasher

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Tara4352

Drive to Sandwell
1146 LM service to Birmingham New Street
1212 LM service to Rugeley Trent Valley got off at Walsall 5 Late
Walk to Photo at Bradford place
1446 38 to Wednesbury
1446 38 to Bradford Place
Photo at Walsall Bus Station
4871 51 to Newton Row Milller street delayed by half hour by a fare dodger >:(
4846 33 to Lower Bull Street
walk to Colmore row and photograph
Go to Ian Allan
1550 VT service to Coventry
4830 8 to Walsgrave Triangle
4886 8 to Coventry Rail Station
1750 LM service to Birmingham New street
1838 LM service to Sandwell and Dudley
Lift home

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Rhys S on April 02, 2015, 10:11:16 PM
Drive to Sandwell
1146 LM service to Birmingham New Street
1212 LM service to Rugeley Trent Valley got off at Walsall 5 Late
Walk to Photo at Bradford place
1446 38 to Wednesbury
1446 38 to Bradford Place
Photo at Walsall Bus Station
4871 51 to Newton Row Milller street delayed by half hour by a fare dodger >:(
4846 33 to Lower Bull Street
walk to Colmore row and photograph
Go to Ian Allan
1550 VT service to Coventry
4830 8 to Walsgrave Triangle
4886 8 to Coventry Rail Station
1750 LM service to Birmingham New street
1838 LM service to Sandwell and Dudley
Lift home

Half an hour by a fare dodger, couldn't you have transferred to another bus?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Tara4352

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on April 02, 2015, 10:15:50 PM
Half an hour by a fare dodger, couldn't you have transferred to another bus?
No point cause there was 2 other 51s packed to the rafters

Tony

Quote from: Alex on April 01, 2015, 09:09:58 PM
My trip today (1/4/15):

Woke up to find (Apparently) 1515 on the PN9, so dashed out of my house IN WILLENHALL to get this ultra rare working (Thanks @Matt ::))

Oh I am sure someone finds the fact you did that very funny! - now you know why I didn't want the silliness on here

iamwilljh92

So today I thought I'd get an NBus & see how far I could get unfortunately not as far as I had originally planned 😕

Kidderminster > Stourbridge (172??)
Stourbridge Junction > Town (Stourbridge Shuttle Train)
142: 20518 (KU02 YUA) - Stourbridge Bus Station > Halesowen Bus Station
4H: 1858 (BX58 SXZ) - Halesowen Bus Station > West Bromwich Bus Station
40: 20849 (KU52 RYH) - West Bromwich Bus Station > Wednesbury Bus Station
It's only just gone back to Tividale having been in Kidderminster for 6 months - it's still rubbish even now it's gone back 😂
I had hoped that there had been a bus direct to Merry Hill unfortunately I discovered there isn't.
40: 30454 (Y211 HWJ) - Wednesbury Bus Station > West Bromwich Bus Station
This particular bus is probably one of Tividale's best it makes a nice noise and goes like a train 😃
289: 2088 (BX12 DCE) - West Bromwich Bus Station > Merry Hill Bus Station
I was taking a few photos minding my own business when a HANSONS driver came over to me to ask what I was taking a picture of!! I mean I ask you isn't it obvious - one I explained he walked off another reason why I don't like Hansons I've been told they're not very spotter friendly
226: 20543 (YT51 EAO) - Merry Hill Bus Station > Dudley Bus Station
246: 4353 (BX02 AVJ) - Dudley Bus Station > Stourbridge Bus Station
Stourbridge Shuttle Train > Stourbridge Junction
Stourbridge Junction > Kidderminster
10: 20032 (MV54 EEO) - Kidderminster Town Hall > Offmore (Home)

Good day apart from that incident with the Hansons driver and the weather here goes for tomorrow's outing with @Reece!!

Metrorider

Quote from: Will on April 03, 2015, 07:14:45 PM
So today I thought I'd get an NBus & see how far I could get unfortunately not as far as I had originally planned 😕

Kidderminster > Stourbridge (172??)
Stourbridge Junction > Town (Stourbridge Shuttle Train)
142: 20518 (KU02 YUA) - Stourbridge Bus Station > Halesowen Bus Station
4H: 1858 (BX58 SXZ) - Halesowen Bus Station > West Bromwich Bus Station
40: 20849 (KU52 RYH) - West Bromwich Bus Station > Wednesbury Bus Station
It's only just gone back to Tividale having been in Kidderminster for 6 months - it's still rubbish even now it's gone back 😂
I had hoped that there had been a bus direct to Merry Hill unfortunately I discovered there isn't.
40: 30454 (Y211 HWJ) - Wednesbury Bus Station > West Bromwich Bus Station
This particular bus is probably one of Tividale's best it makes a nice noise and goes like a train 😃
289: 2088 (BX12 DCE) - West Bromwich Bus Station > Merry Hill Bus Station
I was taking a few photos minding my own business when a HANSONS driver came over to me to ask what I was taking a picture of!! I mean I ask you isn't it obvious - one I explained he walked off another reason why I don't like Hansons I've been told they're not very spotter friendly
226: 20543 (YT51 EAO) - Merry Hill Bus Station > Dudley Bus Station
246: 4353 (BX02 AVJ) - Dudley Bus Station > Stourbridge Bus Station
Stourbridge Shuttle Train > Stourbridge Junction
Stourbridge Junction > Kidderminster
10: 20032 (MV54 EEO) - Kidderminster Town Hall > Offmore (Home)

Good day apart from that incident with the Hansons driver and the weather here goes for tomorrow's outing with @Reece!!

The hansons driver wasn't the only one that took exception to you pointing your camera at him, just before that a NXWM driver also took exception to it as well. I was actually standing behind you watching it all.
Paul.

iamwilljh92

Quote from: Metrorider on April 03, 2015, 07:45:03 PM
The hansons driver wasn't the only one that took exception to you pointing your camera at him, just before that a NXWM driver also took exception to it as well. I was actually standing behind you watching it all.

Yeah well I don't give a monkeys I wasn't doing anything wrong and I'm sure I'm not the only one that does it

Westy

Well, as Ive said before, if they don't want to be included in a photo in a public place, they have something to hide!

iamwilljh92

Quote from: Westy on April 03, 2015, 07:55:22 PM
Well, as Ive said before, if they don't want to be included in a photo in a public place, they have something to hide!

Spot on my friend! I've been told by 2 people that the driver who questioned me is ex-Diamond so THAT pretty much says it all!!

PM

Quote from: Will on April 03, 2015, 07:50:38 PM
Yeah well I don't give a monkeys I wasn't doing anything wrong and I'm sure I'm not the only one that does it

I'm sure it's now not allowed on Centro owned bus stations unless you're being supervised though?

PM

Quote from: Will on April 03, 2015, 07:59:01 PM
Spot on my friend! I've been told by 2 people that the driver who questioned me is ex-Diamond so THAT pretty much says it all!!

??!!

the trainbasher

But there's a whole world of difference between a photo of a bus compared to shoving a camera in the drivers face! it's Like me coming up to you and forcing my camera in your face as opposed to taking a photo with a safe enough Gap.

It's nothing to do with anything to hide.

Quote from: Will on April 03, 2015, 07:59:01 PM

What you need to consider is that the way the driver approached it may have been because he felt that it was being in his face. It doesn't matter what operator he may have been previously but I would feel the same way.

Quote from: DiamondDart on April 03, 2015, 07:59:54 PM
I'm sure it's now not allowed on Centro owned bus stations unless you're being supervised though?

Officially you require a licence but some bus station supervisors if you have a quiet word with them will be alright. Otherwise there is the public highway one can use to photograph.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Metrorider

In some cases we do, I was on a long break in Dudley one evening when I worked for Diamond and my Mrs had met me to bring me my tea. Next thing a bus spotter appears to take photos of the bus. No problem with that. Then he comes round the side where me and the Mrs are eating our tea and starts taking pictures there, then another and another. By now I'm getting a bit miffed with it because I'm on my break eating my tea and I've got someone randomly taking photos of me and the Mrs. Without going into loads of detail my Mrs had only just come out of a very violent relationship about 9 months prior to this and was getting increasingly uneasy about being photographed. Luckily said spotter moved on before I told him 'politely' to stop taking photos with us (in particular the Mrs) in them ect.

Normally I'm very spotter friendly though as Mr Trainbasher will no doubt testify lol.
Paul.

the trainbasher

Quote from: Metrorider on April 03, 2015, 08:12:06 PM

Normally I'm very spotter friendly though as Mr Trainbasher will no doubt testify lol.

That I can

now about that £50.... :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk