News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

AM/PM

Started by Nathan4775, April 25, 2012, 06:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashley 4569

What happened to the AMPM olympians? Did they get sold on for further use? I know the two L reg Palatines went to archway travel in lancashire, one is now being cannabalised, the other is a school bus with a surround sound stereo system

winston

Quote from: Ashley 4569 on May 09, 2013, 10:10:12 PM
What happened to the AMPM olympians? Did they get sold on for further use? I know the two L reg Palatines went to archway travel in lancashire, one is now being cannabalised, the other is a school bus with a surround sound stereo system

Thandi bought a couple of the ex Dublin bus Olympians

Solo1

AMPM Travel's singles some are with Thandi
London St  VIP travel have some

Nathan4775

Anybody know what happended to the AM PM buses? Ive seen a some with GRS & one with ECS, anybody know where the doubles went ?
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

Nathan4775

Quote from: Solo1 on May 12, 2013, 10:46:13 AM
AMPM Travel's singles some are with Thandi
London St  VIP travel have some

Thandi are now called E.C.S ?, so it says in Bilston under the 334
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

countryliner

Does anyone on this forum know what the registration number of the fourth MAN 14.220 MCV Evolution bus that AMPM had was. I am sure that i remember hearing that AMPM had four of these buses but on the fleet list that @Tony has on the main site it only lists three of them (AE56 UTH / AE56 UTJ / AE56 UTK - all of which are now with Autocar who are based in Five Oak Green and operate in Sussex and Kent) but not the fourth one. At a guess i would say that it could have been AE56 OUV but i am not really that sure. Thank you.

Steveminor

Don't know the reg as it had trade plates on when it arrived but broke down on our drive so never entered service and was towed away 2 days later.

countryliner

@Steveminor - Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. Do you know what happened to this MAN 14.220 MCV Evolution bus after it got towed away. Did it get repaired or did it get scrapped. Thank you.

T840MAK

Quote from: countryliner on January 11, 2016, 04:21:58 PM
@Steveminor - Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. Do you know what happened to this MAN 14.220 MCV Evolution bus after it got towed away. Did it get repaired or did it get scrapped. Thank you.
Why would you scrap a 9 year old bus (at time of writing) which was DDA simply because it broke down...
Twitter @TomCousins60054
Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/modeltrains33/

Tony

Quote from: T840MAK on January 11, 2016, 06:49:19 PM
Why would you scrap a 9 year old bus (at time of writing) which was DDA simply because it broke down...

And owned by a large leasing company with the money and the contractors to fix it

countryliner

@Tony @T840MAK - I have known some bus operators to scrap even newer buses just because they have broken down instead of repairing them.

Tony

Quote from: countryliner on January 11, 2016, 07:39:44 PM
@Tony @T840MAK - I have known some bus operators to scrap even newer buses just because they have broken down instead of repairing them.

Name one that has scrapped a 4 year old bus because it has broken down! we are referring to a 2006 built bus in 2010, and as I pointed out in my original reply it did not belong to the operator anyway to make the decision

Bryan

Quote from: countryliner on January 11, 2016, 07:39:44 PM

Something for you to do @countryliner, let us know the operators and vehicles concerned. Otherwise, as they say, you appear to be talking a load of twaddle.

Steveminor

Well there is one from the same batch in Alan Hardwick scrap yard in several pieces so yes they do get scrapped so not such a stupid comment by @countryliner really

Tony

Quote from: Steveminor on January 11, 2016, 10:17:08 PM
Well there is one from the same batch in Alan Hardwick scrap yard in several pieces so yes they do get scrapped so not such a stupid comment by @countryliner really

Now, yes, but not 6 years ago, and not because it's broken down

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk