News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Diversions

Started by JB93, April 21, 2013, 01:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Diversion for Wednesfield Road buses in Wolves. From Twitter.

"DIVERSION: Due to Police incident at the bridge on Wednesfield Road, Heath Town. Police have currently closed the road in both directions.

Services 59,60,69 and Walsall 89 will divert via Willenhall Road and Deans Road in both directions."

2 things.

Firstly, spot the mistake. (There might be 2?)

Secondly, sister, as she is working overnight tonight, is debating whether to catch the 2040 60 from Bloxwich, rather than the 2140, so she can get into work on time for 2200 in Wednesfield!
(I guess, she's having a taxi or the sis in law is picking her up instead tomorrow!)

Trident 4609

Quote from: Westy on December 24, 2019, 08:20:05 PM
Diversion for Wednesfield Road buses in Wolves. From Twitter.

"DIVERSION: Due to Police incident at the bridge on Wednesfield Road, Heath Town. Police have currently closed the road in both directions.

Services 59,60,69 and Walsall 89 will divert via Willenhall Road and Deans Road in both directions."

2 things.

Firstly, spot the mistake. (There might be 2?)

Secondly, sister, as she is working overnight tonight, is debating whether to catch the 2040 60 from Bloxwich, rather than the 2140, so she can get into work on time for 2200 in Wednesfield!
(I guess, she's having a taxi or the sis in law is picking her up instead tomorrow!)

1.) 69 doesn't operate at night
2.) Typo including the 89

Unless it got stuck at the bridge, the 60 won't really be delayed, if at all.

Tony

Pedestrian threatening to jump off bridge, so may take some time

Westy

Quote from: Nathan on December 24, 2019, 08:41:12 PM
1.) 69 doesn't operate at night
2.) Typo including the 89

Unless it got stuck at the bridge, the 60 won't really be delayed, if at all.

Sister probably wouldn't agree with you, but she's in work now(Caught the 2040) & probably now just as aware of the situation as Tony is.

Westy

Back to normal now, according to Twitter.

Jack6101

Birmingham road , Dudley is closed due to a serious rtc , 42/74 are diverted new birmigham road , Tipton road to castle gate island
87 are diverted the 14 route to Dudley ( Bunns lane way )
126 are diverted (city road way ) 12 route towards Dudley all these
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Ian Hardy

I am trying to follow the diversions due to fire at Perry Barr on the A-Z but NXWM Twitter diversions do not make sense:

NX West Midlands
‏ @nxwestmidlands
2h2 hours ago

#ServiceUpdate #PerryBarOneStop Due to a building fire
Services 52, 51, diverted as follows:

From City via  Birchfield Road,Heathfield Road, Walsall Road, Cliveden Avenue.
To City via Aldridge Rd, Birchfield Rd
0 replies 1 retweet 1 like
NX West Midlands
‏ @nxwestmidlands
2h2 hours ago

#ServiceUpdate #PerryBarOneStop Due to a building fire Services 33, 907, diverted as follows:
service 33
from City via Birchfield Rd, Heathfield Rd,  Aldridge Rd,
To City via Aldridge Rd, Birchfield Rd

service 907 via Aldridge Rd, in both directions
0 replies 1 retweet 1 like
NX West Midlands
‏ @nxwestmidlands
2h2 hours ago

#ServiceUpdate #PerryBarrIsland due to road closures in the area due to a building fire we are seeing delays on services 51, X51, 934, 935, 936, 937, 937A, 997, 7, 33, 52, 907, 11A and 11C. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
1 reply 5 retweets 7 likes
NX West Midlands
‏ @nxwestmidlands
4h4 hours ago

#ServiceDiversion #PerryBarr  Due to a Building Fire
Services 11A, 11C diverted via following routes:
11C via Church Lane, Hamstead Rd, Villa Rd, Heathfield Rd,
Trinity Rd, Witton Rd,
11A via Aston Lane, Birchfield Rd, Heathfield Rd, Villa Rd,
Hamstead Road, Church Lane .
4 replies 4 retweets 1 like
NX West Midlands
‏ @nxwestmidlands
4h4 hours ago

#ServiceDiversion #PerryBarrOneStop  Due to Building Fire
Services 33, 907, 52 , 51 From City only diverted via following routes:
33 via Birchfield Road, Heathfield Road, Aldridge Road,
907 via  Aldridge Road,
51, 52 via Birchfield Road,  Heathfield Road, Walsall Road,

John

For about 15 minutes, all Perry Barr services were having to use Trinity Road, the 7 route down Witton Road, Aston Lane and Wellhead Lane, As the Underpass was briefly closed as well as the Island.

Come off my 907 at 5.14. Walked in the garage and stayed there 15 mins. Still passed a 937 Trident by Tesco at Witton a good time after the underpass reopened so shows how long buses were taking to get down Witton Road

John

Quote from: Ian Hardy on January 14, 2020, 08:44:36 PM
I am trying to follow the diversions due to fire at Perry Barr on the A-Z but NXWM Twitter diversions do not make sense:

At the start all services bar the 11 was using the underpass and skipping out one stop. 51 and 52 doing the X51 route over the flyover. 33 and 907 doing what 934s do. Then as I said above for that short time when the underpass was closed, then back to these when the underpass reopened

It will be even more fun when that flyover is demolished.

Ian Hardy

John,

Many thanks, that makes sense now.

Lukeee

Quote from: John on January 14, 2020, 08:54:05 PM
For about 15 minutes, all Perry Barr services were having to use Trinity Road, the 7 route down Witton Road, Aston Lane and Wellhead Lane, As the Underpass was briefly closed as well as the Island.

Come off my 907 at 5.14. Walked in the garage and stayed there 15 mins. Still passed a 937 Trident by Tesco at Witton a good time after the underpass reopened so shows how long buses were taking to get down Witton Road

Glad I was on the 65 this evening

settlerman

18 on diversion.  Broad Meadow Ln, Lifford Ln, Melchett Rd

Trident 4194

karl724223

All Hagley road services to brum on diversion tonight from 1900 turning left at the ivy bush
More resurfacing work being done
Normal outbound

Squiz1971

Don't know what happened but this morning around 9:30 I saw 4914 on the X70 coming up Bromford Road just by the school heading towards the Hunters Moon

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk