News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

select bus

Started by mranon, March 13, 2013, 12:12:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikestone

Both E200s are on Rolling Solutions (D&G) discs.
'
This would appear to be a very dubious arrangement. Either
a) RS are lending discs to Select - definitely illegal (the fact that SN was a select bus last week could support that accusation)
b) both operators have registered the whole service and are failing to operate certain journeys
c) it is a joint service which as I understand it requires OfT agreement (which of course they may have)
;
It will be interesting to see if the RS reg is in Fridays N&P, as I only found it when checking registrations in NWTA, despite it being entirely in the WMTA'.
;

arrivaaston

I'm sure D&G and Select are doing nothing "illegal" as you put it but more to the point if your a bus enthusiast you should be interested in the buses Select are operating so your either A bus enthusiast, the law or just nosey and want to find out things that obviously doesn't concern you or any enthusiast.....

Unless you're the owner of Select (which I suspect you aren't!) Who are you to tell others what they can/can't discuss? Winston

Tony

Quote from: arrivaaston on April 30, 2014, 12:17:30 PM
I'm sure D&G and Select are doing nothing "illegal" as you put it but more to the point if your a bus enthusiast you should be interested in the buses Select are operating so your either A bus enthusiast, the law or just nosey and want to find out things that obviously doesn't concern you or any enthusiast.....

Unless you're the owner of Select (which I suspect you aren't!) Who are you to tell others what they can/can't discuss? Winston

As an enthusiast I am interested in who is operating vehicles. If a vehicle is operating on a service registered by one operator, but carrying a disc for another, that is a valid subject to discuss to work out who is operating the vehicle. As Mike said it could be a legal arrangement

arrivaaston

Wich is fair enough because obviously enthusiasts like to know who the bus belongs to, Winston I never once mentioned I am the "owner of select" but I'm sure the comment about it being illegal as mentioned in a previous comment can come accross as slanderous wich I'm sure you agree.... I think its great that Select have the new services....

Bob

Would be good to see select do some commercial stuff as well as tendered. Competition for arriva's monopoly lol

mikestone

The 877/8 are commercial.
;
I was merely commenting that it is illegal to loan discs.
;
The use of anonymous white vehicles and the lack of timetables is not a very professional way of operating, not something normally associated with D&G, who have produced an excellent leaflet for the 841.

Bob

Quote from: mikestone on April 30, 2014, 02:32:22 PM
The 877/8 are commercial.
;
I was merely commenting that it is illegal to loan discs.
;
The use of anonymous white vehicles and the lack of timetables is not a very professional way of operating, not something normally associated with D&G, who have produced an excellent leaflet for the 841.

Are they??? I dont think the 88/482 they replaced were? As arriva lost the tenders for them

mikestone

My understanding is that Select told Staffordshire they could operate them commercially and the tender was cancelled - I cannot imagine that the council would have specified such a peculiar timetable. 
;
Can you obtain extra discs by just turning up with the cash, so to speak? 

Tony

Quote from: mikestone on April 30, 2014, 07:06:42 PM
My understanding is that Select told Staffordshire they could operate them commercially and the tender was cancelled - I cannot imagine that the council would have specified such a peculiar timetable. 
;
Can you obtain extra discs by just turning up with the cash, so to speak?

You have to apply, and vosa consider your financial standing, maintenance capacity and other odd things before granting you extra discs, once you have been granted authority to run extra buses you turn up with cash and can take them away!

arrivaaston

Anonymous white buses??

mikestone

Neither E200 had any legal lettering - strangely a third E200 was in D&Gs Crewe yard last night and that did have legals!

mikestone

SN56AYB now has Rolling Solutions paper legals - I never noticed which disc, RS have an authorisation for 25 vehicles in today's WMTA N&P, based at Uttoxeter.

mikestone

Ensign list both E200s as sold to South Lancs Travel

Tony

Quote from: mikestone on May 02, 2014, 08:24:30 PM
Ensign list both E200s as sold to South Lancs Travel

Who are in the same ownership as Rolling Solutions

Bob

Hopefully theyll do better than arriva on the 88 section. The b6s and darts were constantly breaking down on it. It was on the 88 last year that I had that v-kda dart with the panel literally hanging off it in front of me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk