News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

select bus

Started by mranon, March 13, 2013, 12:12:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamie A

FJ06ZTL now in fleet livery and numbered 30, FJ06ZTM is the next 1 to go in for paint

Jamie A

FJ06ZTM to be numbered 31

Capitalpotter

How come a lot of selects latest routes don't show up on the bustimes map?

Express Sprinter 158

Quote from: Capitalpotter on July 08, 2021, 08:59:31 PM
How come a lot of selects latest routes don't show up on the bustimes map?

Select's new Stafford town routes (7,8,9, 875A) plus services 875 and 103/104 have today started showing on bustimes. I suspect new M-F only route 23 will also appear next week. Thanks to whoever made that happen!

LNational

Quote from: Jamie A on June 04, 2021, 09:42:39 PM
FJ06ZTL now in fleet livery and numbered 30, FJ06ZTM is the next 1 to go in for paint

Where do they get painted ? Followed one today and it looked smart.
Do they get maintained in-house or elsewhere ?

Jamie A

Quote from: LNational on July 13, 2021, 07:02:34 PM
Where do they get painted ? Followed one today and it looked smart.
Do they get maintained in-house or elsewhere ?

They are painted and maintained in-house

Bob

Quote from: Jamie A on July 13, 2021, 10:15:51 PM

They are painted and maintained in-house

And put Chaserider to shame. The unrefurbed but yet painted SR solo  i got to New Cross Hospital on the 71 today was slow noisy and didnt sound healthy at all,  the interior panels looked like theyd not been cleaned since Arriva days. Absolutely filthy. The 71 has dropped considerably in vehicle quality, condition and especially reliabilitysince it went over. Looking at bustimes the 62 was a vehicle down most of the afternoon. 2hrly frequncy after 2pm with only one bus. 106 looks like its out of action again. Solo 162 the one i was on in may thqt broke down repeatedly on the way to Wolves then finally conked out and was towed back was out for the first time in 7 weeks last week, it didnt even manage 2hrsand hasnt been used 6. According to bustimes 96 was out for a few hrs this morning, but thats surely a mistake its been dead for weeks and looked like it was stuck in the yard. Any newer buses actually coming? Theres been rumours about more MMCs but also Metrocitys. Hopefully theyll replace most Solos...

Davismt2000

I see a much more enhanced 877/878 service will be starting on 31st August with the 878 serving Gailey as well as Saturday services beyond Brewood for the first time in a couple of years, with 878's working the quick (main road) way from Gailey to Coven then coming back through the villages to Stafford

Westy

Quote from: Davismt2000 on August 22, 2021, 10:28:25 PM
I see a much more enhanced 877/878 service will be starting on 31st August with the 878 serving Gailey as well as Saturday services beyond Brewood for the first time in a couple of years, with 878's working the quick (main road) way from Gailey to Coven then coming back through the villages to Stafford

Does that mean the joint Chaserider / Select timetable leaflet for Stafford should be reissued then?

mikestone

I suspect Covid will gave seen off mostvprinted leaflets permanently.

IMarkeh

What on earth is that Saturday timetable. It looks awful. God help any normal member of the public trying to read and make sense of that. Geeze. How they get any passengers with timetables like that. What did they do, throw darts at a map and say yep, we will serve there on this trip.

You can really tell a professional versus non professional operator by how passenger friendly their timetables are and by god, I am so glad I don't have to use Select as my local operator. My 14 month old sister could draw up a better timetable than that!

the trainbasher

Remember this is the Staffs countryside they serve, not the middle of Brum. Each trip has to stand up on its own two feet.

Looking at it, there is 1 bus doing the Wolves to Brewood shorts with a hour break for lunch at 1330hrs, with the other doing a pair of 877 circulars and the 878 circulars on a Saturday, allowing for connections at Brewood/Coven to Wolves

Makes perfect sense.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Steveminor

Select have a long history in this area with route knowledge going back to green bus days. I'm sure they know their passengers by now

Davismt2000

Quote from: the trainbasher on August 23, 2021, 10:28:03 PM
Remember this is the Staffs countryside they serve, not the middle of Brum. Each trip has to stand up on its own two feet.

Looking at it, there is 1 bus doing the Wolves to Brewood shorts with a hour break for lunch at 1330hrs, with the other doing a pair of 877 circulars and the 878 circulars on a Saturday, allowing for connections at Brewood/Coven to Wolves

Makes perfect sense.

This would be the case if the Stafford - Brewood section ran about 20 mins earlier than planned. At the moment it is a 20 odd min connection off the 878 at Brewood towards Stafford and far more off the 878 from Stafford towards Wolverhampton

Jamie A

Quote from: IMarkeh on August 23, 2021, 09:44:01 PM
What on earth is that Saturday timetable. It looks awful. God help any normal member of the public trying to read and make sense of that. Geeze. How they get any passengers with timetables like that. What did they do, throw darts at a map and say yep, we will serve there on this trip.

You can really tell a professional versus non professional operator by how passenger friendly their timetables are and by god, I am so glad I don't have to use Select as my local operator. My 14 month old sister could draw up a better timetable than that!

The Saturday Brewood to Stafford is a staffs CC tender and they designed the timetable, this enables the Saturday 877/8 to be operated with 1 bus rather than 2

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk