News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

select bus

Started by mranon, March 13, 2013, 12:12:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikestone

They had 10 according to the July 2018 G-list, although I had 12 or 15 in mind I can't see any other increase in the news sheets.

Hector

Currently 10 disks and 9 vehicles required for daily service but more vehicles are owned

winston

Quote from: Hector on September 20, 2019, 07:43:21 PM
Currently 10 disks and 9 vehicles required for daily service but more vehicles are owned

Sounds like there's new work coming then

l.murphy123

Quote from: Winston on November 05, 2019, 04:45:47 PM
disc's for their size - no smoke, without fire in my opinion....

What is/are disc's?
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

winston

Quote from: l.murphy123 on November 05, 2019, 11:04:07 PM
What is/are disc's?

Operator Disc's that are displayed on each vehicle

Select has recently had a vehicle allowance increase up to 17 vehicles:
https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.service.gov.uk/view-details/licence/384560

Bob

Dont they already use most of those 17 vehicles though?

winston

Quote from: Bob on November 06, 2019, 12:18:44 AM
Dont they already use most of those 17 vehicles though?

There's 14 listed in total here, with a couple not being used for months:
https://bustimes.org/operators/select-bus-services/vehicles

mikestone

BA07GHA also appears to be in use, as well as the decker mentioned in the Ensign thread and ex-centrebus DAF FX04TJY, perhaps suggesting the extra dics are for contracts already in operation?

Grinder

I think the data on the tracker is wrong in respect of fleet no 4,  X546 GGO.  That bus is shown on other lists as withdrawn and the fleet no 4 is now carried by BA 07 GHA

Busman Jamie

X546GGO has left the fleet, BA07GHA is number 4 and been in use for a while, works the 71 service everyday

Hector

In a colourful change to the norm the latest arrival is YN07 EYD a Scania Omnicity operating in Nottingham green.

Cheese

Quote from: Hector on January 21, 2020, 06:55:14 PM
In a colourful change to the norm the latest arrival is YN07 EYD a Scania Omnicity operating in Nottingham green.

I wondered if that was with Select, saw it passing the office this afternoon, didn't fully catch the reg but thought it was ex NCT.

Busman Jamie

YN07EYD.... New addition, normally used on school/college service

Ashley 60171

Was a right beast on Nottingham that Scania!

BH2004

Just seen a select opatre solo in the centre bus livery come along in warstones, Wolverhampton area any ideas why

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk