News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

select bus

Started by mranon, March 13, 2013, 12:12:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

covlad27

Quote from: Solo1 on August 01, 2015, 07:36:44 PM
could select not merge it with 67 service I know there are only a few journey's on there but it would be better than no service for those who use it

I believe arriva maybe covering some of the route but not all.  A friend of mine tells me

Cheese

Quote from: busman99 on August 01, 2015, 08:50:52 PM
I believe arriva maybe covering some of the route but not all.  A friend of mine tells me

Hourly Arriva 61 will go via Wimblebury I believe, route goes from
Cannock to Lichfield.

mranon

well, makes you wonder what select will do to replace the 23

Busman Jamie

and all we can do is wonder...

winston

PD1098350/5 - B P BROWN TRAVEL LTD T/A SELECT BUS SERVICES, 2 NAGINGTON DRIVE, PENKRIDGE, STAFFORD, ST19 5TA
        Registration Accepted
        Starting Point: Stafford, Goal Square
        Finish Point: Stafford, Goal Square
        Via:
        Service Number: 9
        Service Type: Normal Stopping
        Effective Date: 19-OCT-2015
        Other Details: Monday to Saturday

PD1098350/6 - B P BROWN TRAVEL LTD T/A SELECT BUS SERVICES, 2 NAGINGTON DRIVE, PENKRIDGE, STAFFORD, ST19 5TA
    Registration Accepted
    Starting Point: Stafford, Chell Road
    Finish Point: Stafford, Goal Square
    Via:
    Service Number: 8
    Service Type: Normal Stopping
    Effective Date: 26-OCT-2015
    Other Details: Monday to Friday

covlad27

An interesting route choice

winston

Quote from: busman99 on August 25, 2015, 12:26:26 PM
An interesting route choice

Yet more competition for Arriva Midlands

Steveminor

At arriva door.
Knock knock
Who's there
Absolutely everyone

winston

These rumoured 'big DB changes @ Arriva' are clearing scaring everyone off....

There's only Diamond to left to join the party

the trainbasher

Select have also registered service 8 too...looks like the Rail Station and Goal Square are going to be busy!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Bob

I reckon theresroom for both on the 9. Its a busy route to a pretty deprived part of stafford.

covlad27

They cant be offering much of a frequency though

covlad27

Quote from: Winston on August 25, 2015, 06:28:58 PM
Yet more competition for Arriva Midlands

Competition???

This is not the case though.  Running 5 minutes in front of another operator is not competing on the route its merely a way to collect passengers that would of otherwise used another operator.  Competition would be where passengers choose to get on another operator for example where the service is every 15 minutes.  I hate people saying they are competing.  Its a joke.  Honestly the likes of select bus and social travel would never be able to compete against arriva unless they run so close to the arriva times to take their passengers.  Try running to different times then see how long it lasts

James

Central buses with both the X55 and 66 ran on the opposite 15 minutes to Arriva. Arriva just re registered 5 minutes in front! Where's the incentive to balance the service there?

James

winston

Quote from: busman99 on August 25, 2015, 08:38:17 PM
Competition???

This is not the case though.  Running 5 minutes in front of abother operator is not competing on the route its merely a way to collect passengers that would of otherwise used another operator.  Competition woild be where passengers choose to get on another operator for example where the service is every 15 minutes.  I hate people saying they are competing.  Its a joke.  Honestly the likes of select bus and social travel would never be able to compete against arriva unless they run so close to the arriva times to take their passengers.  Try running to different times then see how long it lasts

It's still competition, whether 5 mins in front or slotted inbetween Arriva frequency. Passengers can choose to wait for the Arriva service if they so wish, especially if it's only going to be 5 mins behind. How do you know that Select or Social won't be offering cheaper fares or returns compared to Arriva?

I'd be more concerned why numerous smaller operators are launching competition services on numerous Arriva routes, some quite effectively!

Quote from: James on August 25, 2015, 08:43:40 PM
Central buses with both the X55 and 66 ran on the opposite 15 minutes to Arriva. Arriva just re registered 5 minutes in front! Where's the incentive to balance the service there?

James

James, it's called one rule for one & another rule for someone else ......

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk