News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

select bus

Started by mranon, March 13, 2013, 12:12:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solo1

select has now painted one of the envrios into their fleet livery look rather nice  https://www.flickr.com/photos/stanjack/17221268156/

Solo1

mikestone

Or have they - the decker was on the 878 too, and they only have one working on the 877/8.

Trident 4194

After reading through this thread, I still can't work out what times the Olympians operate, can anybody help? I would like from wolverhampton or Stafford

Alex

@Trident 4194 The Olympian does the 1710 878 off Wolverhampton bound for  Brewood. Hope that helps
Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

My YouTube channel: Alex Jones

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjxo69BfENu3fiWuzCNYyg

P419 EJW

Quote from: Trident 4194 on April 26, 2015, 08:42:10 AM
After reading through this thread, I still can't work out what times the Olympians operate, can anybody help? I would like from wolverhampton or Stafford

@Trident 4194 On school days, the Leyland Olympian normally serves 11:01 878 from the Art Gallery, Wolverhampton and arrives in Stafford at 12:21.

mikestone

Quote from: Solo1 on April 23, 2015, 07:40:00 PM
here is the 59 reg one soon to be painted  https://www.flickr.com/photos/stanjack/16624770534/
;
YX59BXZ was parked in Pitcher Bank today around mid-day with paper legals for Select and no disc, as far as I could see.

SBS

Well I've just been on it and their is a disk on the dash board ? Wrong information again please only put facts.

mikestone

Taken from the operators guide on the VOSA website

;
What you must do with your discs
A valid operator's disc must be displayed
on the *windscreen* of any PSV

SBS

Yes I am fully aware of the guide and the laws surrounding it, the holder on that e200 is a standard fitting. We use the ash tree ones which are rubber inserts which are a really good design as they protect the disks from damp, especially when they are 4 years old!
We have just started using this e200 and it so far has not been fitted with items which are standard in our fleet, plus we are having new ticketed machines so these will be fitted soon.
The licence disk is being put at the front of the bus in the windscreen on the dash board unless the dashboard sits on the roof? so it is visible from the front screen, NOT the side glass, but it is clearly visible, clearly you looked at the standard holder which will be removed, any way the standard holder is not in the windscreen its in the side screen so surely they are in the wrong place, with what you have stated.

The driver was on his brake at the time, all I can say is that you have mostly looking just at the side screen to come to your assumption rather than looking at the windscreen. Or it may have dropped down but I doubt that as I checked it tonight.

The new holders will be fitted this Sunday when it is due an inspection.

All I ask is for factual comments which a lot of people here do but their are some who dont, I will say in these forum rules it does state that slanderous information is not allowed and clearly this happens.

I am a bus enthusiast myself so i understand why people are interested, but their is a difference between an interest and critisement.

Just look at Arriva at the moment with the 75 and 76 criticise something which is affecting  passengers! I really feel sorry for them at the moment. I just hope national express do really well!

Ben

Ashley 60171

J722GAP reported as a static exhibit at the POPS rally today. EEH902Y from Aston Manor is also there.

Trident 4194

How much is the 878 from Wolves to Stafford if I have an nbus?

Trident 4609

Quote from: Trident 4194 on June 21, 2015, 06:05:32 PM
How much is the 878 from Wolves to Stafford if I have an nbus?

You can only use your Nbus to the Wolverhampton/Staffordshire border on Stafford Rd so i'd just buy a single from Wolverhampton (I do not know how much it is though)

Trident 4194

Quote from: Nathan on June 21, 2015, 06:08:53 PM
You can only use your Nbus to the Wolverhampton/Staffordshire border on Stafford Rd so i'd just buy a single from Wolverhampton (I do not know how much it is though)

I thought you could use an nbus to Stafford on 54?

Trident 4609

Quote from: Trident 4194 on June 21, 2015, 06:11:48 PM
I thought you could use an nbus to Stafford on 54?

No, you cannot use an N-Bus past the last stop at the back of the I54 Business Park (Last stop on Innovation Drive)

You can use a NXWM Regional Pass/Daysaver on the full length of both routes
You can use a NXWM Black Country pass on the full 154 to Hednesford but only to Coven on the 54

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk