News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

23 New Buses

Started by Daniel541, February 11, 2013, 08:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sh4318

I imagine B7RLEs would look really good in NXC livery, not jumping to conclusions yet though
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

winston

Quote from: Shaun on February 27, 2013, 01:27:03 PM
I imagine B7RLEs would look really good in NXC livery, not jumping to conclusions yet though

The evidence seems to back up the rumours suggesting a batch of B7RLE may be due

winston

Quote from: nobody on February 27, 2013, 02:25:17 PM
Quote from: Winston on February 27, 2013, 01:49:57 PM
Quote from: Shaun on February 27, 2013, 01:27:03 PM

The evidence seems to back up the rumours suggesting a batch of B7RLE may be due

Yep. But with which bodywork? Considering Tony said Wrights had nothing from the West Midlands on order

I'll be gob smacked if NX ordered any with the MCV bodywork. Tony said that there was nothing else going through production at Wrightbus for NX at the moment other than the Hybrids, orders for 2013 still haven't been announced in detail, we only know NX intend to buy 130 new buses this year.

JoNi

White liveried B7RLE 2153 has arrived at Coventry and was being used throughout today for driver training in Pool Meadow and around the Swanswell area of the City Centre.

Ashley

I could imagine Wright/B7RLE in NXC livery, and if 2153 is in Coventry then it could be possible

winston

Quote from: Ashley on February 28, 2013, 10:03:44 AM
I could imagine Wright/B7RLE in NXC livery, and if 2153 is in Coventry then it could be possible

The only thing that is a little odd is that they appear to be type training drivers now, when Tony has confirmed that nothing else is currently in build at Wrightbus, it doesn't mean to say that further B7RLE/Wright aren't being ordered for delivery later in the year

Daniel541

I saw morning 2153 at front Coventry garage. Maybe not back on Acocks Green Garage this week.

JoNi

If there are no buses on order then the only other conclusion is that buses are being transferred from NXWM, requiring the fronts to be repainted! NXC haven't even got a red route in Coventry as it's Stagecoach X15/X18.

richie

Quote from: Winston on February 28, 2013, 10:26:53 AM
Quote from: Ashley on February 28, 2013, 10:03:44 AM

The only thing that is a little odd is that they appear to be type training drivers now, when Tony has confirmed that nothing else is currently in build at Wrightbus, it doesn't mean to say that further B7RLE/Wright aren't being ordered for delivery later in the year

Maybe hey plan to swap the omnilinks with AG B7 RLE

winston

Quote from: JoNi on February 28, 2013, 01:09:15 PM
If there are no buses on order then the only other conclusion is that buses are being transferred from NXWM, requiring the fronts to be repainted! NXC haven't even got a red route in Coventry as it's Stagecoach X15/X18.

Know one has said there are none on order, just none currently going through production @ Wrightbus,

Tony

Quote from: Winston on February 28, 2013, 01:38:14 PM

Know one has said there are none on order, just none currently going through production @ Wrightbus,

There are now some in production now, Miller Street are preparing to send some vault to Ballymena right now. The vaults for the next batch of standard Enviro 400s are also being prepared to send in about 3 weeks time!

winston

Quote from: Tony on February 28, 2013, 04:43:01 PM
Quote from: Winston on February 28, 2013, 01:38:14 PM

There are now some in production now, Miller Street are preparing to send some vault to Ballymena right now. The vaults for the next batch of standard Enviro 400s are also being prepared to send in about 3 weeks time!

Ah mystery solved..... Tony, do have you any idea of quantities due?

Why have NX become so secretive about announcing breakdowns of actual vehicle on order? All the other big groups are happy to give a breakdowns of what has been ordered/with which manufacturer in the trade press. I can understand NX not wanting to disclose plans of which routes they are intended for until they arrive for commercial reasons etc

Daniel541

Yes, If 15 Volvo B7RLE on the 20 20A 20E route in Mon to Sat with Every 5min along Foleshill Road and there are currently two spare could be going on the 1 route. X 15 blue Scanias going to where or stay in Coventry garage??

Ash

Quote from: Daniel541 on February 28, 2013, 07:57:34 PM
Yes, If 15 Volvo B7RLE on the 20 20A 20E route in Mon to Sat with Every 5min along Foleshill Road and there are currently two spare could be going on the 1 route. X 15 blue Scanias going to where or stay in Coventry garage??

I would think the omnilinks may leave Coventry and transfer to either YW or PB to replace some of the liberators in service there or even Walsall as they currently have the 1848-1862 and 1863-1877 would complete the series and replace the liberators there as they fit under the bridge by the saddlers so would be OK for the 38.

Daniel541

Recently, 1869 has lost logo "National Express Coventry". If blue scanias will transferred to NX West Midlands that I missed 1875 because my favorite is 1875.

Or transferred to Perry Barr for increase the fleet due to North Birmingham & Sutton Coldfield will provide a " more more buses".

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk