News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

23 New Buses

Started by Daniel541, February 11, 2013, 08:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Quote from: NathanJC on March 03, 2013, 05:41:56 PM
I didn;t know CV had a route 1

It doesn't touch the main part of the City Centre by Pool Meadow. Only New Union Street, Little Park Street and Jordan Well

Nathan4775

oh Probally why Ive never seen it then
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

JoNi

WMNST operated the 1 when it was reinstated following complaints from residents of Chapelfields of the loss of their link to Earlsdon in the Coventry Network Review. The bus drove all day without any layover with the Driver seemingly driving for more than 5 hours 30 minutes without a break if the bus operated according to the timetable!

If you want to see NXCs 1 they pass outside the Council House roughly on the hour. You don't have to be too lucky to get both of them passing in a photograph!

Before the review the 1 was known as "the route that went from nowhere to nowhere with nobody on it". 

Ashley

Same applies to the current NXC route 1 :D

JoNi

Presume your comments refer to where it goes to and from.

The 1 is an ideal candidate as an off peak operation with the bus being used as school bus in the same way as the 42 operates in Coventry.

John

Quote from: Stu on March 03, 2013, 11:47:27 AM
Quote from: Solo1 on March 03, 2013, 11:37:12 AM
Is there a date for when B7RLE's at Coventry will
be in service lookingforward to seeing them in blue

Probably not until much later in the year.

It says here 27 new Volvo's are due and the OmniLink's are going to Walsall

http://www.flickr.com/photos/coventrybuspics/8536780395/

Sh4318

It also says routes 8/8A/9/9A will benefit from the new order, suggesting that the B7RLEs will be used on these services as well as the 20/A/E. It also states that rout 1 requires new vehicles as part of a Centro contract agreement, so spare eclipses will be used on the 1
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

winston

Quote from: John on March 08, 2013, 08:47:52 AM
Quote from: Stu on March 03, 2013, 11:47:27 AM
Quote from: Solo1 on March 03, 2013, 11:37:12 AM
Is there a date for when B7RLE's at Coventry will
be in service lookingforward to seeing them in blue

Probably not until much later in the year.

That's now both Perry Barr & Walsall that have been reported to be receiving the Scania Omnilinks

It says here 27 new Volvo's are due and the OmniLink's are going to Walsall

http://www.flickr.com/photos/coventrybuspics/8536780395/

Gareth

The photographer is a driver at Coventry, maybe he's had insider knowledge? Or did the transfers to Perry Barr come from a similar source?

winston

Quote from: Gareth on March 08, 2013, 01:55:47 PM
The photographer is a driver at Coventry, maybe he's had insider knowledge? Or did the transfers to Perry Barr come from a similar source?

I should imagine the final destination may more likely be Walsall then, I can't remember where Perry Barr came from? It could have been more of an assumption based on the forthcoming North B'ham review & the quantities of B10L & Scania Omnilink being available tie up. PB, WA & YW are the most likely recipients, with all operating B10L's & Scania Omnilinks

winston

Quote from: nobody on March 08, 2013, 03:10:46 PM
I got told there was only going to be a net increase of 12 new vehicles. 17 B7RLE + 10 Enviro400 - 15 Scanias = 12.

It seems know one knows for sure other than management. Matt King is quoting the 27 x B7RLE + the Enviro E400.

The MD of NXC quoted a total of 27 new buses as well, before Xmas in CBW

winston

Quote from: nobody on March 08, 2013, 03:16:39 PM
Info from a source at Coventry. Not Matt King.

B7RLE should start to appear at the end of the month. 10 due initially.

I didn't think they'd be arriving quite that quick, but given that driver training has already commenced, that backs up the fact that they can't be far away.......

May be more in due later in the year? If CV are only gaining a nett increase of 12 new buses, that's not going to put much of a dent in the 36 early Mercs they currently operate numbered between 1515 - 1627

Ash

Doesn't surprise me that the omnilinks are likely to go to Walsall as I thought this was a possibility and mentioned it earlier on in this thread due to Walsall already having half of the 58 reg omnilinks. The merc's are not that bad in Coventry compared to the ones used at West Bromwich / Pensnett and Wolverhampton after spending most of their life's in and around Birmingham.

Valandil

I think it's 27 Eclipse vehicles which are being delivered + 10 Enviro 400 - 15 Scanias, meaning up to 22 Mercs can be let go.
Though I suspect that the actual number will be less than this, since PVR of the 8/8a will have to increase to be able to operate with these smaller vehicles!
It is good that the 10 and 16(a) will be DD operated soon, and a surprise that 8(a) will not.

Tony

Quote from: Valandil on March 08, 2013, 08:55:07 PM
I think it's 27 Eclipse vehicles which are being delivered + 10 Enviro 400 - 15 Scanias, meaning up to 22 Mercs can be let go.
Though I suspect that the actual number will be less than this, since PVR of the 8/8a will have to increase to be able to operate with these smaller vehicles!
It is good that the 10 and 16(a) will be DD operated soon, and a surprise that 8(a) will not.

Wrights are currently building 24 Eclipse (body numbers AG345-AG368)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk