News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Epitaph

Started by windy miller, December 26, 2012, 02:59:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

windy miller

Epitaph to an engine driver

My engine now is cold and still
                                                    no water does my boiler fill
                                                 my coal affords its flame no more
                                                 my days of usefullness are o'er
                                               my wheels denied their wanted speed
                                              no more my guiding hand they heed
                                                  my whistle too has lost its tone
                                                 its shrill and thrilling sound has gone
                                               my valves are now thrown open wide
                                                    my flanges just refuse to guide
                                                 life's railways ended all stations passed
                                                      I lie in death in peace at last
                                                 farewell good friends and cease to weep
                                                in Christ I'm safe in him I sleep.....

Mind the Gap.....?:-)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk