News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Wolverhampton Garage

Started by Trident 4609, July 21, 2013, 10:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BNH2004

16:06 to Spring Hill and 16:54 to i54 journey on the 4 didn't operate

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Not sure where to ask this but will ask here as only WN operate the ADL hybrids. So The Hybrids have the same Capacity as The E400 Diesels but one thing that annoys me is upstairs the legroom is really tight I'm 5'10 but quite leggy so I often have to see with my knees turned to the side. I get the back this is due to the Batteries I think, but on the left handside the last pair of seats before the back there is a box closest to the window that isn't on the Diesels what does this Box looks almost like a fan do, I thought it was a heater or cooler but that is above the back seats. The box makes leg room impossible in that seat. I think it is  a heater but it doesn't seem to activate whenever the one above the back seats does. Also who activates that heater/air con is it the Driver or is it automatic never noticed it really being on the E400's but the Hybrids it comes on and off.
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

Westy

Sounds like a disco on the top deck of 6770!

Thank god I'm on the lower deck!

Tony

Today, when I arrived at Wolverhampton garage to swap electrics over I found a 'spotter' just wandering around all the electric buses which are parked at the far end of the yard. When challenged he confirmed he hadn't even asked for permission.

He was not one of the usual kids, but an older man who thought it was OK to just march into private property and even just ignored me initially when he saw me.

This is not acceptable and people wonder why some NX staff are so anti enthusiast.

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Tony on January 22, 2024, 06:00:58 PMToday, when I arrived at Wolverhampton garage to swap electrics over I found a 'spotter' just wandering around all the electric buses which are parked at the far end of the yard. When challenged he confirmed he hadn't even asked for permission.

He was not one of the usual kids, but an older man who thought it was OK to just march into private property and even just ignored me initially when he saw me.

This is not acceptable and people wonder why some NX staff are so anti enthusiast.
Did the Police get involved 
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,

Tony

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on January 22, 2024, 07:21:59 PMDid the Police get involved
No, Trespass is not a criminal offence, it is a civil one

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Tony on January 22, 2024, 07:45:22 PMNo, Trespass is not a criminal offence, it is a civil one
Oh I thought it was
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,

Wumpty

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on January 22, 2024, 07:54:04 PMOh I thought it was
Trespass, as @Tony  has pointed out,  is a civil matter. However this becomes a criminal matter if the trespasser prevents anyone from conducting their normal work, such as being on a bus in the garage and refuses to leave, preventing the driver from taking the bus out - this becomes AGGRAVATED TRESPASS, which is a criminal offence. 

Equally, there is a case for attempted burglary, or breaking and entering if the trespasser has got on the electric bus by pushing open the doors without permission, like walking into someone's house without the owners knowledge. The police can, though usually need sufficient evidence to arrest on either of these matters.

Personally, I'd opt for a blunderbuss at 10 paces!
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

LD713821

Quote from: Tony on January 22, 2024, 06:00:58 PMToday, when I arrived at Wolverhampton garage to swap electrics over I found a 'spotter' just wandering around all the electric buses which are parked at the far end of the yard. When challenged he confirmed he hadn't even asked for permission.

Yikes, Tbf atleast the West Midlands isn't like London where you get an army of 12 year olds filming buses at rush hour to post it on their horrible YouTube/Tiktok channels.

Wba_lad

If you don't mind me asking who are the usual kids???

JosephR

Quote from: Wba_lad on January 23, 2024, 10:42:21 PMIf you don't mind me asking who are the usual kids???
Pretty obvious
Anyway, nothing more needs to be disclosed
Leave people be there's nothing we can do

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Wba_lad on January 23, 2024, 10:42:21 PMIf you don't mind me asking who are the usual kids???
Do you really think he is going to provide names ?
You need to think before you post anything ?

Westy

Park Lane is not far from Low Hill, which is a notorious area, I gather.

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Well one or both were ex members of this forum who are banned for posting absolute rubbish, Tony said at the WN open day they were turning Buses on so got thrown out of the event. That is well known 
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,

cris 99

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on January 24, 2024, 10:47:54 AMWell one or both were ex members of this forum who are banned for posting absolute rubbish, Tony said at the WN open day they were turning Buses on so got thrown out of the event. That is well known
1 of them is back and ironically the 1 that asked the question 🙄
17//72/73/97/X12

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk