News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Diamond East Midlands (formerly Midland Classic)

Started by bahumbug, May 14, 2012, 08:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MX05WHR-Enjoyer

QuoteI would love to see an E400 in diamond livery
[40522] SN11 BNE by William Scott, on Flickr

(not my photo)

spacecowboy150

lovely

im going burton on my next trip

Wba_lad

31003 the evora is now in brighter diamond livery 

cris 99

Yes it was reported that 31003 was painted on the 9th November on this thread 
17//72/73/97/X12

twbc99

MetroCity's 30991 and 30992 have both been repainted now. 

BNH2004

Has 31423 been withdrawn as I've heard rumours that it has

twbc99

Quote from: BNH2004 on December 03, 2023, 09:35:24 PMHas 31423 been withdrawn as I've heard rumours that it has
Over the last few days it has been added and removed from the bustimes fleet list a few times with the removal posts stating that it has been involved in a RTC.

Wba_lad

Quote from: twbc99 on December 04, 2023, 06:30:17 PMOver the last few days it has been added and removed from the bustimes fleet list a few times with the removal posts stating that it has been involved in a RTC.
I've seen a photo of the damage, it may be a write off, but I could be wrong, it could get repaired and repainted into brighter diamond livery but again not too sure, people are just jumping into conclusions that it's withdrawn.

IMarkeh

Just when you think that Diamond can't be any more anti-passenger, they have decided to withdraw themselves from The Knot, multi operator ticket scheme as of the 19th January. What an absolute joke. I am often quite supportive of Diamond where I can be but at a time when the rest of the industry is trying to get more passengers onboard, in swoops Diamond Midlands to give everyone a kick in the teeth.

https://www.diamondbuses.com/service-updates/
QuoteFrom 19th January 2024
From 19th January 2024, Diamond Bus will no longer accept Staffordshire Knot Multi-Operator tickets on our services.
To continue to accept Knot tickets, would impact on the commercial viability of our services in the Staffordshire area.
Therefore we have taken the decision to leave the Knot scheme.

Westy

Quote from: IMarkeh on January 03, 2024, 12:50:45 AMJust when you think that Diamond can't be any more anti-passenger, they have decided to withdraw themselves from The Knot, multi operator ticket scheme as of the 19th January. What an absolute joke. I am often quite supportive of Diamond where I can be but at a time when the rest of the industry is trying to get more passengers onboard, in swoops Diamond Midlands to give everyone a kick in the teeth.

https://www.diamondbuses.com/service-updates/
And possibly put The Knot itself in jepoardy!

IMarkeh

Quote from: Westy on January 03, 2024, 06:52:39 PMAnd possibly put The Knot itself in jepoardy!
What a wonderful thing for Diamond to do. I know Staffordshire aren't the most 'pro bus' authority but surely as it's one of the only good things to happen in the area, they should support it. 

If Staffordshire Council has any sense, they will make it a requirement of tenders. That will soon change things.

markcf83

What's the reason for the withdrawal of 40833?
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Tony

Quote from: markcf83 on January 04, 2024, 07:37:46 PMWhat's the reason for the withdrawal of 40833?
Shop incident in Manchester

Rachvince53

Quote from: IMarkeh on January 03, 2024, 06:56:57 PMWhat a wonderful thing for Diamond to do. I know Staffordshire aren't the most 'pro bus' authority but surely as it's one of the only good things to happen in the area, they should support it.

If Staffordshire Council has any sense, they will make it a requirement of tenders. That will soon change things.
Please bare in mind the reasoning behind the decision, while I agree it seems a backwards step the main reason stated by Diamond seems to be the viability of the commercial network. Perhaps the process of claiming money back from the council for acceptance is too slow. Making it a condition of tenders would not make any difference to Diamond's commercial network in my opinion.

winston

Quote from: Tony on January 04, 2024, 07:43:25 PMShop incident in Manchester
That was Citaro 33009. 

40833 was another bridgestrike running dead back to Eccles Deopt. Its not withdrawn, officially only VOR whilst it has its roof repaired. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk