News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diamond West Midlands - Redditch

Started by jc, June 06, 2014, 10:08:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MW

Yes you can scan manually on Ticketer machines however this is only supposed to be used when there is a fault with the card or similar.

I believe too many manual entries can attract the attention of the local authority. 

We don't know if in this case it was scanned manually.

Rachvince53

Quote from: winston on March 15, 2023, 12:18:20 PMThought that had changed.

No. Its one of the buttons on the touchscreen for those occasions when the scanner isn't working allowing manual input. 

Wumpty

I was about to ask if they have a manual override - thanks to those that have clarified this.

Even in the days of non-computerised ticket machines (Setrights/Gibsons etc) when we had to manually record them, if there were perceived abnormal patterns of concessionary passes recorded then it would still attract attention.

My opinion still stands - where the driver can provide a reason where the pass wasn't scanned/presented/requested from the passenger, I would always accept this account as reasonable.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

YJ70 EWC - Optare Metrodecker 
Ex Johnsons of Henley has been repainted into Diamond colours. No logos yet, but paintwork has been done. 

Trident 4194

I caught 40845 with its seat missing about 3pm 

DMCL

I had the pleasure of riding on 30822 (BX09 SJO) Plaxton Centro from Astwood Bank to Redditch this morning. The interior still looked like the days when it was part of the Royale Black Diamond fleet with black leather seats, panelled timber-style vinyl flooring and even posters advertising the Royale Black Diamond service. You can see what the vehicle looked like in 2009 if you scroll down to the last photo here:
Diamond 30822 (wmbusphotos.com)

Trident 4194

Quote from: DMCL on August 21, 2023, 07:58:22 PMI had the pleasure of riding on 30822 (BX09 SJO) Plaxton Centro from Astwood Bank to Redditch this morning. The interior still looked like the days when it was part of the Royale Black Diamond fleet with black leather seats, panelled timber-style vinyl flooring and even posters advertising the Royale Black Diamond service. You can see what the vehicle looked like in 2009 if you scroll down to the last photo here:
Diamond 30822 (wmbusphotos.com)

Will be a sad day when these are all withdrawn. Best vehicles in the fleet by a mile. 30822 has always been a good one too. 

B61 ANDREW

Travelled on similar 30825 earlier today, as DMCL said , this batch of vehicles are still working hard and still in a tidy condition ,the bus also went well so apart from the customary rattles , a decent bus. 

MX05WHR-Enjoyer

According to bustimes, apparently BU08 DCE is back on the track. Can anyone confirm this?

Jack

Quote from: MX05WHR-Enjoyer on October 27, 2023, 05:18:48 PMAccording to bustimes, apparently BU08 DCE is back on the track. Can anyone confirm this?
It may just be a spare ticket machine.

winston

• PD0001374/463 Cancelled
    DIAMOND BUS LTD
    Route: Bromsgrove, Lickey/Bromsgrove Bus Station to Reddich Bus Station via Cofton Hackett, Alvechurch
    Service number: 182 (183)
    Service type: Hail & Ride, Normal Stopping
    Effective date: 06 Apr 2024

B61 ANDREW

Quote from: winston on February 08, 2024, 02:12:42 PM
  • PD0001374/463 Cancelled
    DIAMOND BUS LTD
    Route: Bromsgrove, Lickey/Bromsgrove Bus Station to Reddich Bus Station via Cofton Hackett, Alvechurch
    Service number: 182 (183)
    Service type: Hail & Ride, Normal Stopping
    Effective date: 06 Apr 2024

That's a shame, the good folk of Alvechurch will soon be without any buses at all , good job they have a decent rail service. I caught this service from Redditch a couple of weeks back , there were 8 of us aboard on departure and 2 of us actually travelled through to Bromsgrove. :huh: Mind you , getting through the various estate roads were quite a challenge as driver had a E200 instead of the usual Solo.On arrival at Bromsgrove I congratulated the driver on his skills and asked if a Solo gave better manoeuvrability ? He smiled , pointed and said those are even better - a Mercs/Mellor.  :wink: :cheesy:

Quote from: B61 ANDREW on February 08, 2024, 06:26:28 PMThat's a shame, the good folk of Alvechurch will soon be without any buses at all
The 182/183 are operated by Kidderminster I think. Think they only have 1 solo (20058), the mellor is normally used on the Bewdley shuttle during the week except on Saturdays when its put on the 9A/9C. I think they might have moved over when Redditch gained extra Johnsons services.
Likewise I don't think Redditch Garage have any E200s anymore.

I also think the 247A to Alcester via Redditch on school days is open to public use, so its not completely unserved.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Justin Tyme

Are the 182/183 tendered services?  If so, are they being withdrawn or are they being (or have they been) retendered?

winston

Quote from: Justin Tyme on February 08, 2024, 10:45:59 PMAre the 182/183 tendered services?  If so, are they being withdrawn or are they being (or have they been) retendered?
Yes, they're WCC tendered services. Most likely another operator has won the tenders off Diamond. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk