News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Wolverhampton Garage

Started by Trident 4609, July 21, 2013, 10:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Quote from: BNH2004 on September 02, 2023, 12:01:32 AMI've heard that services 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 6A, 15, 15A, 16, 25, 61, 62 and 62A are having some changes from the 24th September, What's changing?
Probably just timetable changes.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Stu on September 02, 2023, 09:44:07 AMProbably just timetable changes.

Step up for when the Universities go back

BNH2004

Quote from: BNH2004 on September 20, 2023, 05:09:48 PMLooks like NXWM is loosing the 5 to Banga Buses from 6th November 2023
https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.service.gov.uk/search/find-registered-local-bus-services/details/615969/
Looks like NX have cancelled it. So no more NX services to Codsall anymore other than the closed door 710.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Jack

Quote from: 2206 on September 20, 2023, 05:18:12 PMLooks like NX have cancelled it. So no more NX services to Codsall anymore other than the closed door 710.
The 10B still runs doesn't it? 

Quote from: Jack on September 20, 2023, 05:53:44 PMThe 10B still runs doesn't it?
No. Was cancelled from the start of September.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Westy

End of an era then, as far as I remember, as I had seen the Codsall service (the 535) in the first of the combined Wmpte North Division timetable booklets in 1981.

Presumbly it was an ex Wolves Corp service?

It runs 7 days doesnt it & evenings?

Banga doesn't do that does it?

BK63 YWP

Potentially nx could be running the 5 at night and Sundays as banga doesn't do evenings or Sunday. Was the 5 commercially ran?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Stu

Quote from: BK63 YWP on September 20, 2023, 07:10:10 PMPotentially nx could be running the 5 at night and Sundays as banga doesn't do evenings or Sunday. Was the 5 commercially ran?
Neither registration shows as being supported by subsidy so presumably yes, unless there's a data error.

If it's been deemed commercially unviable by NX then I'd think it unlikely they'd just operate the evening and Sunday journeys alone.

If it's a 'borderline' service, it might be more viable for a smaller operator with lower overheads to make it work.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

winston

Quote from: BK63 YWP on September 20, 2023, 07:10:10 PMPotentially nx could be running the 5 at night and Sundays as banga doesn't do evenings or Sunday. Was the 5 commercially ran?
The NXWM 5 was commercial & they've chosen to withdraw it completely, its been planned for some time. 

Rachvince53

Quote from: Westy on September 20, 2023, 06:18:11 PMEnd of an era then, as far as I remember, as I had seen the Codsall service (the 535) in the first of the combined Wmpte North Division timetable booklets in 1981.

Presumbly it was an ex Wolves Corp service?

It runs 7 days doesnt it & evenings?

Banga doesn't do that does it?
Yes, it was run by Wolves Corp (as a 35 possibly?). At one time there was also a 534 I think which ran only as far as Bilbrook. Banga also ran a 634 to Bilbrook for a number of years. Before they pulled out of operating contract services (and most commercial services) in the West Midlands,  Midland Red West ran the Sunday service on the 535. 

danny

Where does the 5 turn arround in Codsall... never been does it just do a one way loop or does it turn in the road?? 
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

mranon

Quote from: danny on September 20, 2023, 08:10:41 PMWhere does the 5 turn arround in Codsall... never been does it just do a one way loop or does it turn in the road??
when the buses reach bakers way terminus, just past it theres a little cut through road which is buses only, it enables the bus to to turn right out of the little lane that also feeds the co-op and club so it can rejoin bakers way and start back towards wolverhampton, or whereever. 

woody38

Really surprised they are withdrawing the 5, remember it in the 70s back then there where two services 14 & 15 the 14 went down NRE, court Rd, then up to clargate Island, then up Pendeford Avenue, Windermere Road, Birches Road to Birches Bridge, then Duck Lane where it terminated opposite the woodman. The 15 went the back way round whitmore Reans like the 5 does today. Stavelley Road then as the 5 does today until Birches Bridge
 then direct along Wolverhampton Road to Moatbrook Avenue. When Pendeford estate was created in the late 70s the services where changed with the 14 renumbered 537 & the route amended to Serve Pendeford est and entering Bilbrook via Barnhurst Lane, Windermere Road was left with no services, The 15 was renumbered 535 but the route stayed the same, not sure when the Moatbrook Ave terminus was changed to Bakers Way but it must have been somewhere in the mid 80s. The 537 was withdrawn around 1986s leaving Bilbrook with very little bus routes until 2012 when services were changed in Wolverhampton.
Like others have said Banga have competed on the service before, at one time there was a bus ever 10 minutes between Wolverhampton & Codsall,

18WilliamsLi

What was the 9 brand platuim  in Wolverhampton garage 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk