News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

select bus

Started by mranon, March 13, 2013, 12:12:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikestone

Versa.s SV60CCO/CCX are here according to the June ensign email from Ross Newmann.

Jamie A

Quote from: mikestone on July 22, 2023, 04:13:55 PMVersa.s SV60CCO/CCX are here according to the June ensign email from Ross Newmann.
Purchased but not here yet 

Vulcan

New to Stagecoach Bluebird as hi spec Airport shuttle services 

Capitalpotter

Quote from: Jamie A on July 22, 2023, 10:16:26 PMPurchased but not here yet
Is the end near for the remaining darts?

Jamie A

Quote from: Capitalpotter on July 24, 2023, 07:19:59 AMIs the end near for the remaining darts?
No plans to retire the remaining 4 darts yet 

888DUK

Morning all,

Does anyone have a route map of service 804 to Rodbaston college with pick up points in and around Brownhills particularly the nearest pick up to Brownhills West. Its not at all clear on Selects website and when they were phoned the lady said she didnt know and couldnt help.
Thanks in anticipation.

Jamie A

Quote from: 888DUK on July 28, 2023, 08:04:00 AMMorning all,

Does anyone have a route map of service 804 to Rodbaston college with pick up points in and around Brownhills particularly the nearest pick up to Brownhills West. Its not at all clear on Selects website and when they were phoned the lady said she didnt know and couldnt help.
Thanks in anticipation.
Drop me a message and I'll tell you all the stops on that service 

Jamie A

Versa SV60CCO is now here, I will confirm fleet number as soon as I know, this will be the next to be painted when bus 3 returns 

Bob

Quote from: Jamie A on August 10, 2023, 06:50:48 PMVersa SV60CCO is now here, I will confirm fleet number as soon as I know, this will be the next to be painted when bus 3 returns
Hope it goes on 875 looks mint

twbc99

Apparently Select have won the contract for 406 Uttoxeter outer circle service from Diamond EM 3rd September.

Rachvince53

Quote from: twbc99 on August 20, 2023, 07:27:56 PMApparently Select have won the contract for 406 Uttoxeter outer circle service from Diamond EM 3rd September.
According to gov.uk the change is in October as the service is cancelled by Diamond from 1st October. 

IMarkeh

Select are also gaining the 297 (Bridgnorth - Kidderminster) and 436 (Bridgnorth - Shrewsbury) which is 4 buses worth of work. As well as the 406 which is another bus worth of work.

Shame Select don't try to capitalise on dead mileage by doing dead mileage runs.

twbc99

Quote from: Rachvince53 on August 20, 2023, 08:42:09 PMAccording to gov.uk the change is in October as the service is cancelled by Diamond from 1st October.
The new timetables are on the Select website with the 406 dated as the 4th September.

Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer

Quote from: IMarkeh on August 21, 2023, 06:22:46 PMSelect are also gaining the 297 (Bridgnorth - Kidderminster) and 436 (Bridgnorth - Shrewsbury) which is 4 buses worth of work. As well as the 406 which is another bus worth of work.

Shame Select don't try to capitalise on dead mileage by doing dead mileage runs.
They've got a new depot opening in Telford so dead millage won't be that high

IMarkeh

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on August 21, 2023, 06:38:41 PMThey've got a new depot opening in Telford so dead millage won't be that high
Oh really? Interesting. Just for Select or will it be shared with Chaserider for their Telford tenders?

Even so, the point still remains, Select has a lot of dead mileage and could significantly improve the overall network (bearing in mind the combined ticketing with Chaserider) which then increases bus patronage in the area benefitting everyone.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk