News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

General Metro Thread

Started by John, April 06, 2015, 02:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uniquicity

Quote from: Gareth on June 06, 2023, 11:21:22 PMTram 57 was out in service today, first time I've seen that one and can't see it mentioned elsewhere.

Cheers for the gen. Was a recent delivery along with 56.

51 and 53 are also in service and 41 is back from its time off.

Never mind the bullcrap chat about infrastructure, the biggest crime is why they haven't gone to an 8 minute frequency yet

Ginger66

Quote from: uniquicity on June 06, 2023, 11:28:37 PMCheers for the gen. Was a recent delivery along with 56.

51 and 53 are also in service and 41 is back from its time off.

Never mind the bullcrap chat about infrastructure, the biggest crime is why they haven't gone to an 8 minute frequency yet
True but it's staffing is the issue at least it's better then every 15 minutes for a tram hopefully we can get back to the 6/8 minute service 

Celestial Toymaker

i still dont see the need for inconvenience of the blessed Tram, they dont seem to run to tome, and whenever i see them theyre always 3/4 empty, ive never been a fan of the Tram and still not, i think its a backwards step, but nobody cares what i think, so ill slip away now while nobody is looking
3000 F300 XOF

Ginger66

So it's just slightly over 3 months since testing and commissioning commenced and yet there is no still no date for opening of the extension.

Ginger66

Oops its happened again on Thursday evening last week there was overhead lines issues and in less than a week the same problem as occurred again on the same section of track as of last weeks issue 

Gareth

Tram 50 was out today not in service. I can't recall seeing that one before, and I've scrolled back a while and can't see a mention of it. Certainly looked externally immaculate and shiny anyway!

Solo1

Quote from: Gareth on August 19, 2023, 12:10:26 AMTram 50 was out today not in service. I can't recall seeing that one before, and I've scrolled back a while and can't see a mention of it. Certainly looked externally immaculate and shiny anyway!
https://flic.kr/p/2oQ375J. Out in service I've mostly seen 49 out 

Gareth

Oh so it's been here a while then. Must have always eluded me!

LiamsTransport1

Quote from: Gareth on August 19, 2023, 12:10:26 AMTram 50 was out today not in service. I can't recall seeing that one before, and I've scrolled back a while and can't see a mention of it. Certainly looked externally immaculate and shiny anyway!

50 was delivered on 31st May and has been in service, first day noted as 15th July. https://twitter.com/AndysTramPhotos/status/1680220674999058432/photo/1

Local routes: 19/20/20A/27/39/39A/49/55/63/145/202

Ginger66

Looking at Andy Streets transport plan there is a potential for a line for Midland Metro from Wednesbury to Walsall via much of the disused railway to at least the bescot junction.

Surely today is a good point to do a feasibility test and clear much of vegetation that has grown over the years since the line became disused.

• You could walk the line and workout how many sleepers you would need for whole line and what it would cost at let's say at 2024/25 prices compared to 2036/37 prices.  (buy now in bulk and store on that disused section close to bescot end)
  • You could work out how much length of track you would require again for who line and compare prices.

Or are items such as track and sleepers order when needed meaning you order low bull street first and pay X amount then order 6 months late for the section between the old McDonald's and Clayton and pay higher price.

ellspurs

Westy

Quote from: Ginger66 on August 23, 2023, 05:04:11 AMLooking at Andy Streets transport plan there is a potential for a line for Midland Metro from Wednesbury to Walsall via much of the disused railway to at least the bescot junction.

Surely today is a good point to do a feasibility test and clear much of vegetation that has grown over the years since the line became disused.

• You could walk the line and workout how many sleepers you would need for whole line and what it would cost at let's say at 2024/25 prices compared to 2036/37 prices.  (buy now in bulk and store on that disused section close to bescot end)
  • You could work out how much length of track you would require again for who line and compare prices.

Or are items such as track and sleepers order when needed meaning you order low bull street first and pay X amount then order 6 months late for the section between the old McDonald's and Clayton and pay higher price.

They cleared the section of old railway cutting between Reedswood Sainsburys & Coalpool a few years ago, as part of the proposed 5W's & thats started to grow back!

(Shame though, as that wouldve been another option to get to & from Willenhall for me!)

Rachvince53

Unfortunately at least part of the trackbed between Green Lane and the junction where it joined the still used line heading north out of Walsall was used for a major pipe with the cutting then being filled in around the pipe. Under the 5Ws this would have been the line into Walsall railway station and hence connect to the mothballed South Staffordshire Line through Wednesbury. 

Ginger66

With the announcement of training of new route midland metro as posted posers on all stops to make passengers aware.

Each tram as several monitors which could have displayed this message, surely it's greener to use the monitors on the trams rather them printing numerous posters that will end up in land fill 

Solo1

Quote from: Ginger66 on August 25, 2023, 06:52:25 AMWith the announcement of training of new route midland metro as posted posers on all stops to make passengers aware.

Each tram as several monitors which could have displayed this message, surely it's greener to use the monitors on the trams rather them printing numerous posters that will end up in land fill
would they look at the monitors 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk