News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

General Metro Thread

Started by John, April 06, 2015, 02:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevo

I noticed the bricks or tiles around the rails between the platforms at Bilston Central and The Crescent disappeared a couple of months ago, perhaps in order that the rails could be replaced. Perhaps the rails between the platforms with a 5kph limit need replacement too, but on the main line rails to be replaced are subject to a 20 mph limit while this is 3 mph!

karl724223

Some nice stupid idiot parked his car on the tracks just off colmore row last night / this morning
Move car
Than tram broke down there

Ginger66

Quote from: karl724223 on February 18, 2023, 09:46:26 AMSome nice stupid idiot parked his car on the tracks just off colmore row last night / this morning
Move car
Than tram broke down there
Something needs to happen to stop this happening time and time again.

1) Barriers or gate on the entrance to the entrance to snow hill that are closed at the end of the day.

2) let trams carry on as normal and plough into car so the car is totally destroyed 

uniquicity

Quote from: Ginger66 on February 19, 2023, 08:59:43 AMSomething needs to happen to stop this happening time and time again.

1) Barriers or gate on the entrance to the entrance to snow hill that are closed at the end of the day.

2) let trams carry on as normal and plough into car so the car is totally destroyed

You'd be the first to complain when most of the trams end up out of service with accident damage...

(Jesus is this one of the worst suggestions ever on this forum, including anything by Richard Jones?)

Solo1

Can they see the tram tracks or the poles 

windy miller

Mind the Gap.....?:-)

Solo1

Celestial Toymaker

Quote from: windy miller on February 23, 2023, 02:13:54 AMI believe tram 48 is also in service

saw Tram 46 & 48 in Birmingham, i only keep a mental log of them tho - not really a metro fan
3000 F300 XOF

uniquicity

48 has been in service since at least 13 Jan. Was obviously going the other way while I wanted to bash it...

If anyone sees tram 41 please post on here. I suspect something amiss is going on with it

Rachvince53

Quote from: Solo1 on February 19, 2023, 11:42:53 AMCan they see the tram tracks or the poles
I reported this short cut taken by drivers (and not just delivery vehicles) to TfWM a few years ago and got the reply "well they're on camera so will be fined". Its not good enough, need rising bollards which would at least help to stop most vans and cars. 

Tony

Quote from: Rachvince53 on February 24, 2023, 05:56:31 PMI reported this short cut taken by drivers (and not just delivery vehicles) to TfWM a few years ago and got the reply "well they're on camera so will be fined". Its not good enough, need rising bollards which would at least help to stop most vans and cars.
Rising bollard get hit by idiot still trying to get through and you have no trams for days, not just hours. Don't think that will happen? watch this video in Manchester (at least it isn't protecting tram tracks)   BBC NEWS | England | Manchester | Bollard crash drivers face action

Solo1

Should also name & shame them with fine of £1k minimum 

Ginger66

Lifts while are the lifts at Lodge Road and Bilston so crap, as Bilston ones are always out of action.

Ginger66

So May as come and gone and spring is almost over and yet the new extension is still not open.

I thought construction was completed towards the end of march as WMM and MML started low speed test early April surely that was successful.

When people ask on Twitter when opening extension you get vague reply later this year or no date as been confirmed.

Surely we should have a date my now it's been two months since the first tram went on test and commissioning of the new extension.

Edinburgh is already on course to open their extension and yet midland metro is way behind , I did think we would have opened first but can now see Blackpool coming in and opening their extension before the midlands opens theirs.

Gareth

Tram 57 was out in service today, first time I've seen that one and can't see it mentioned elsewhere.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk