News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

General Metro Thread

Started by John, April 06, 2015, 02:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

I wonder if all these workers continued to receive their 'poverty wages' while they were unable to work when the trams were out of service earlier this year.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Isle of Stroma

QuoteDisgusting bosses should be frank
Considering the Suits pre-lockdown salaries ranged from £125-191k (not including 'bonuses') for this shambles, you're bang on the money with 'Disgusting bosses'...

Dom

QuoteI wonder if all these workers continued to receive their 'poverty wages' while they were unable to work when the trams were out of service earlier this year.
It wasn't the fault of the workers though was it? 

Stu

Quote from: Dom on September 29, 2022, 07:44:47 PMIt wasn't the fault of the workers though was it?
No, but it is something that should be taken into consideration, I doubt many other employers would be prepared to pay their staff while there was no work for them to do.

It all boils down to simple economics, if the unions get their way, then the staff get their pay increase, but then as a result, the company's operating costs increase, which means that tickets/fares would have to increase in price in order to offset those increased costs.

And that does nothing to help with inflation or the 'cost of living' crisis, because everything just continues to go up in price as a result.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

uniquicity

Tram 46 has entered service quietly. Saw it at West Brom Central this morning

Ginger66

Quote from: uniquicity on October 08, 2022, 01:14:30 PMTram 46 has entered service quietly. Saw it at West Brom Central this morning
Roughly a 50 day turnaround for commission/testing to entry into service

Gareth

Quote from: uniquicity on October 08, 2022, 01:14:30 PMTram 46 has entered service quietly. Saw it at West Brom Central this morning
What are numbers going up to in this current batch? The latest fleetbook I have goes up to number 50. Is that correct?

JIM H

The current order goes up to No.58. All should be delivered by 2023.

Ginger66

Does the current depot have enough storage for all the fleet

windy miller

Quote from: Solo1 on August 01, 2022, 11:16:48 PMA post on Facebook says tram 46 due this week
Solo I travelled on tram 46  today (Wednesday )  wolves to edgbaston
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

Stuharris 6360

Is there any update on when the Wolverhampton train station extension will open?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Ginger66

Looks like Stoke is following Coventry and planning a VLR.

If Coventry trams are going to be driverless vehicles like the DLR, surely the midland metro should look at driverless trams 

Justin Tyme

Quote from: Ginger66 on October 14, 2022, 12:27:27 PMLooks like Stoke is following Coventry and planning a VLR.

If Coventry trams are going to be driverless vehicles like the DLR, surely the midland metro should look at driverless trams

As West Midlands Metro uses some public roads - unlike the DLR - I can't see that driverless trams would be possible.

Tony

QuoteAs West Midlands Metro uses some public roads - unlike the DLR - I can't see that driverless trams would be possible.
I agree, too many unpredictables, pedestrians & vehicles etc.

Ginger66

Why are the so many stupid idiots out there as the metro has had to cut journeys short today due idiotic drivers leaving cars blocking the line.  

According to the metros twitter the line in Brum was blocked in Brum this morning and again this evening.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk